Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I never said it’s perfect now.

But it’s certainly not stagnating imo.

Unless we have different views on stagnation in this case.
Let me ask you a couple of questions then.

How long has the CL been running in its current format?

Why was it changed from its previous format?

Why was the Cup Winner's Cup demolished and merged with UEFA Cup to form the current Europa League?

Who initiated these changes? This is the question that I am most intrigued about. And to continue, where you against these changes also when they happened back then?

Buy on AliExpress.com

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Never before in history have the so-called sacred domestic leagues been this boring.
BL - same champion for 9 years, Serie A too, LaLiga same but between 2 clubs, France dominated by PSG. Only EPL had some modicum of competition.
CL dominated by Real, EL by Sevilla.

This is the worst state that competition in football has been ever.
I highly doubt you're gonna get it any different in the so called Super League. What will you do if Real or any club goes on to win it 5 years in a row?

Are we then creating the "Super duper league"?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I highly doubt you're gonna get it any different in the so called Super League. What will you do if Real or any club goes on to win it 5 years in a row?

Are we then creating the "Super duper league"?
I will applaud and bow down to them knowing they beat the best to be the best, not via a lucky draw and/or UEFA help to get more viewership.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Let me ask you a couple of questions then.

How long has the CL been running in its current format?

Why was it changed from its previous format?

Why was the Cup Winner's Cup demolished and merged with UEFA Cup to form the current Europa League?

Who initiated these changes? This is the question that I am most intrigued about. And to continue, where you against these changes also when they happened back then?
1: CL has been running since 1992.

2: I assume to get more teams into the competition to create more money?

3: I assume again it was because there were no need for 3 different Cup tournaments. And I can honestly see the idea why they decided to abolish one of them.

4: I was hardly born when the CL was created so I have no opinion regarding that. But the CL didn't differ much from the European Cup, it was still the same trophy. And on top of that they made it more equally so a lot more clubs could participate and have a chance to win the prestigious trophy.

- - - Updated - - -

I will applaud and bow down to them knowing they beat the best to be the best, not via a lucky draw and/or UEFA help to get more viewership.
So in your opinion Real didn't deserve their 3 CL titles?

And you wouldn't say it became boring after seeing a single team dominate the tournament?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
1: CL has been running since 1992.

2: I assume to get more teams into the competition to create more money?

3: I assume again it was because there were no need for 3 different Cup tournaments. And I can honestly see the idea why they decided to abolish one of them.

4: I was hardly born when the CL was created so I have no opinion regarding that. But the CL didn't differ much from the European Cup, it was still the same trophy. And on top of that they made it more equally so a lot more clubs could participate and have a chance to win the prestigious trophy.

- - - Updated - - -

So in your opinion Real didn't deserve their 3 CL titles?

And you wouldn't say it became boring after seeing a single team dominate the tournament?
And how is that different from what is happening now apart from the fact that back then UEFA did the changes and now the a bunch of clubs are doing it? Stagnation caused the changes back then and stagnation is causing it now. All competitions have evolved throughout history, some people accept changes faster tan others and it is about pretty much everything in life. If you love football, the sport, you will find yourself loving the ESL sooner than you can imagine.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
You dont think football needed a radical change?
Certainly not in that direction. 16 reserved spots for some teams and 4 based on merit is ridiculous. The only thing that should matter in football is how good you are on the pitch now, not some years ago. And half of those 16 won't even be the most successful teams historically but nouveau riche clubs with criminal owners.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
And how is that different from what is happening now apart from the fact that back then UEFA did the changes and now the a bunch of clubs are doing it? Stagnation caused the changes back then and stagnation is causing it now. All competitions have evolved throughout history, some people accept changes faster tan others and it is about pretty much everything in life. If you love football, the sport, you will find yourself loving the ESL sooner than you can imagine.
I'm not against changes, not at all.

I'm against the fact that a few selected heavy weight clubs think they're above the rest. Football is about winning and qualifying, some of these clubs didn't even qualify for the CL KO's ffs!

To me there's simply no justification about a few preventing others from getting in. Arsenal, Tottenham, United just to make an example got nothing to do in such a tournament.

It became too much.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Never before in history have the so-called sacred domestic leagues been this boring.
BL - same champion for 9 years, Serie A too, LaLiga same but between 2 clubs, France dominated by PSG. Only EPL had some modicum of competition.
CL dominated by Real, EL by Sevilla.

This is the worst state that competition in football has been ever.
I agree that some changes are necessary. Most leagues are becoming too unbalanced and sometimes boring. Also, most clubs are losing money, while the players and UEFA/FIFA real all the profits.

But creating a closed shop competition on top of the leagues is not the solution I want. Financially it makes sense, of course.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

I'm against the fact that a few selected heavy weight clubs think they're above the rest. Football is about winning and qualifying, some of these clubs didn't even qualify for the CL KO's ffs!

To me there's simply no justification about a few preventing others from getting in. Arsenal, Tottenham, United just to make an example got nothing to do in such a tournament.

It became too much.
Well said!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

It became too much.
Says thr guy who wants CL to be won by the same few selected heavy weights every year.

You're getting your wish :D

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Juve fans sounding like a bunch of over-entitled assholes. No, crybabies, UEFA is not responsible for our lack of success and they did not punish us in any way in Europe. In fact, I remember many times where we received privileged treatment due to being a big club. As it is right now, CL is ultra-competitive and people who complain about it are sore losers.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Says thr guy who wants CL to be won by the same few selected heavy weights every year.

You're getting your wish :D
You don't get it do you?

Real earned the right to win the CL by hard work. These clubs paid their right to participate in a screwed tournament where they can only meet each other.

It's a massive difference, if you don't see it then well I'm sorry for you.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You don't get it do you?

Real earned the right to win the CL by hard work. These clubs paid their right to participate in a screwed tournament where they can only meet each other.

It's a massive difference, if you don't see it then well I'm sorry for you.
When was the last time Real or Bayern didnt qualify for CL.

Wake up, it was already a closed competition with extra steps, extra unnecessary matches and unnecessary governening body that was getting paid for nothing.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

It became too much.
They do not think that they are above the rest, they know that they have the means to make a change. In their opinion for the better. The money is directly handled by the clubs without going through UEFA.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
When was the last time Real or Bayern didnt qualify for CL.

Wake up, it was already a closed competition with extra steps, extra unnecessary matches and unnecessary governening body that was getting paid for nothing.
They qualified because they won their groups through hard work. In the current CL even small teams can get out of the group stage, it happened with teams from Denmark.

My own club played Fiorentina back in 2014, Esbjerg - Fiorentina.

Sure it might be boring if you only wanna watch the top dogs week in, week out. But to me the charm is the big dogs only meet each other a few times every year. This way it will become way too predictable and lose a lot of it's history.

Think of Bayern München - Real Madrid. It's the European classic, it's played the most of all European games. If they had to meet so many times every year it would become dull.

Might be exciting at first, but it can only take you so far.

- - - Updated - - -

They do not think that they are above the rest, they know that they have the means to make a change. In their opinion for the better. The money is directly handled by the clubs without going through UEFA.
Then they also feel they're about the rest when they secede like this.

It's the American Civil war over again. And the Union (UEFA and FIFA) will probably win it again. :p

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...UEFA is not responsible for our lack of success...
nobody said that, mate. and even if someone did, he was obviously wrong.

point is different. the main reason why super league was pushed is that these clubs would want to invest much more into football, and could get much more revenue. ffp and the current "equal and fair distribution system" are archaic and doesn't help progress. clubs want to invest, to buy better players and even overpay them? they can't, see ffp. clubs only get a fraction of the potential income because uefa is the worst kind of corrupt, greedy and archaic middleman. apparently there's much more money in football than uefa allows clubs to get access to. some prestigious clubs make the whole show, and their contribution isn't properly rewarded, simple as that.

so no, the whole sl stuff has nothing to do with juventus' current results. pirlo, paratici, sarri, ronaldo and fucked up purchases like arthur or ramsey happened way after the whole sl idea was born, and these questionable management decisions are irrelevant compared to what the sl could potentially become in a decade. watch tici get access to a bigger transfer fund and make the same idiotic decisions for proof. :rofl: club football needs a better distribution system, and juve need a better management, the two are unrelated issues.

i love traditions, i prefer 90's football to this plastic mess, i'm pretty sad about juve losing its identity, still, uefa is the last organization i'd feel sorry for. they screwed it, and agnelli, perez and all the english clubs warned them plenty of times already. uefa (and fifa) should be small, professional, mainly administrative organizations ultimately serving the sport, which they clearly aren't.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Was just about to post that....

Phahahah, I mean... If that's what they have been doing for whole two years and that's what they came up, that's their solution, then wow... No wonder the dirty dozen doesn't want to have anything to do with uefa anymore...

I mean wow, that's beyond terrible, pathetic and just plain stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)