Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I actually think all the Italian teams will make it out of their groups. For once, fairly decent draws for all of them. Maybe Lazio will struggle the most, as they haven’t played in the CL in a very long time.
lol Inter will crash out for sure. they'll be alive on the last day and just choke as always

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Never heard of Ferenvarcos. Does anyone here watch Hungarian league?
it's actually the most popular local team with rich history. they won a european trophy and had a player who won the ballon d’or back in the days. half of hungary roots for them, the other half hates them, just like juve in italy. now they are in the hands of the governing party, so on a local level, money isn't an issue for them.

hungarian league is unbearably shit though. slow af, low technical level, well below serie b in basically everything. this team stands out, and they have some european experience after last season's el group stage. they played some good matches vs celtic and dinamo zagreb during the qualifying rounds. i watched all of their recent matches, and i was stunned to see their organization against those more highly rated teams. rebrov (their coach, ex ukrainian national player) looks like your average used clothes dealer who always has some smuggled vodka hidden between some t-shirts, but he proved himself as a tactically prepared coach. i'd still be surprised if it wasn't 2 very easily won matches for us and barcelona.

on a personal note, i visited plenty of their matches during my university days, and even after that. one of the most memorable one was this, with that screamer scored by tőzsér, former genoa and watford player:

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
it's actually the most popular local team with rich history. they won a european trophy and had a player who won the ballon d’or back in the days. half of hungary roots for them, the other half hates them, just like juve in italy. now they are in the hands of the governing party, so on a local level, money isn't an issue for them.

hungarian league is unbearably shit though. slow af, low technical level, well below serie b in basically everything. this team stands out, and they have some european experience after last season's el group stage. they played some good matches vs celtic and dinamo zagreb during the qualifying rounds. i watched all of their recent matches, and i was stunned to see their organization against those more highly rated teams. rebrov (their coach, ex ukrainian national player) looks like your average used clothes dealer who always has some smuggled vodka hidden between some t-shirts, but he proved himself as a tactically prepared coach. i'd still be surprised if it wasn't 2 very easily won matches for us and barcelona.

on a personal note, i visited plenty of their matches during my university days, and even after that. one of the most memorable one was this, with that screamer scored by tőzsér, former genoa and watford player:

Rebrov had a coach Lobanovsky is the greatest coach

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Rebrov had a coach Lobanovsky is the greatest coach
yes, it clearly shows. i don't want to bore anyone with tactical details on how rebrov fine tuned his tactics, the role and position of some players between the celtic, dinamo and molde ties, just wanted to mention that he's a well prepared coach with a clear tactical plan.

his players are not at cl level though. tokmac (norwegian guy) is probably the most gifted one, and he'd be a bench player getting 500 minutes per season at benevento.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

plus i read on a local site that ftc will allow season ticket holders to buy tickets for the cl matches.

i surely won't buy a season ticket for one single match. bummer.

BiancoEg

Aug 22, 2020
I actually think barca is the best team for us , we have a new coach , they do too , their cry baby is causing alot of problems , beating them in the fist game against them will put them under pressure ,they are not the same team they were 4-5 years ago , Cris will be in his beast mode ,Dybala if he played he has to impress the cry baby so he would select him for the next Argentina national team ,Arthur will try to prove he is a good player against them

On the other hand pjanic will prove nothing because we all know he is useless

- - - Updated - - -

For the other Itaian teams I think they all got a nice groups inter merda wont qualify though

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I actually think barca is the best team for us , we have a new coach , they do too , their cry baby is causing alot of problems , beating them in the fist game against them will put them under pressure ,they are not the same team they were 4-5 years ago , Cris will be in his beast mode ,Dybala if he played he has to impress the cry baby so he would select him for the next Argentina national team ,Arthur will try to prove he is a good player against them

On the other hand pjanic will prove nothing because we all know he is useless

- - - Updated - - -

For the other Itaian teams I think they all got a nice groups inter merda wont qualify though
:lol: that made me chuckle

agreed about the Italian teams. Idk if it’s me, but it doesn’t feel like a lot of those groups are that good, teams feel weaker than usual

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
good start to the season for barcelona
The interwebs seems to think it's a given easy path to group winner for us bc Bayern spanked them last season. Makes no sense.

New team with new coach and players (us too) who won 7-0 aggregate in their first two games.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Messi scores a wonder goal, our stadiun applauds, Messi joins Juve: take it or leave it?

Please discuss.
Nah he's too old and I wouldn't commit that amount of resources towards having both an ageing him and ageing CR7 when some of those resources should be going to younger players.

Also, I don't really like him

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
People not liking Messi crack me up. Him and Ronaldo on the same team while they’re still good would be one of the greatest achievements to pull off as a GM, even if it’s only for two years.

but I don’t think they would want to play on the same team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)