Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don't see the importance of debating which league will "dominate" when Bayern are light years ahead of everyone, and will continue to be so for the short term future/few years.
Not really. I don't think the likes of City and PSG are too far behind. Ultimately, being rich means you'll eventually catch up. There was a time when the Spanish giants were able to easily recruit the best talents from EPL but now they can barely do that. The oil teams on the other hand are untouchable in terms of having even a sniff at their best players.

Even I don't see one league dominating especially given the fact that the higher forces within UEFA are pushing for a super league.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
This is what I mean when I say that English dominance of this sport is inevitable.
U mean Musiala, who was born in Stuttgart, mother German and father Nigerian?

He ll play for Germany in March and rightly so, a he has nothing to do with England despite his mother going there to study.

- - - Updated - - -

Bayern are shrewdly run, but their morals on how much a player should cost and earn will inevitably hold them back. You can't stay at the elite top for long if you're tier 3 in the economics of it all.
What is this? Tier 3 :lol:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, a Real Madrid of 2014-2018 is once in a half-century event tbh.

Fuckin Real Madrid man. That club is blessed by the Football Gods.
Or just the govt

Interestingly, it took them some time to get going after they signed Ronaldo. Did poorly in the CL for some years. Then boom.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing interesting or out of ordinary about SS Nazio-Bayern fixture. Standard.

Atalanta doe. Can they? Will they?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Or just the govt

Interestingly, it took them some time to get going after they signed Ronaldo. Did poorly in the CL for some years. Then boom.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing interesting or out of ordinary about SS Nazio-Bayern fixture. Standard.

Atalanta doe. Can they? Will they?
One keeps wondering what if Atletico didnt choke in the last minute back then?

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Not necessarily. Most people thought the same thing after Bayern won the treble in 2013.
Agreed. And in 2013 we had the perfect team, perfect manager and perfect tactical approach only to be blown the fuck out by a Spanish fraud who thought he should change a ferocious machine and play tiki taka rubbish shit football:inter:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
U mean Musiala, who was born in Stuttgart, mother German and father Nigerian?

He ll play for Germany in March and rightly so, a he has nothing to do with England despite his mother going there to study.
Yeah, it's not quite so clear cut. His father is British-Nigerian (meaning Jamal could play for any of the home nations), and he lived in England from age 7-16, developing in the Chelsea youth system. Besides, the German NT has had plenty of non-German born players over the years, it's not 1940 anymore.

https://talksport.com/football/8393...orn-where-germany-senior-international-level/

Personally I think it's the right choice to play for Germany as he was born there, and also from the sporting side it will be better for him with the NT and relationship with the club. I also think that it was an inevitable choice given his surroundings, he would be more swayed by people around him than he would meeting up with England every few months.

Also, lmao at Chelsea.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Not necessarily. Most people thought the same thing after Bayern won the treble in 2013.
Thats because they had a winning recipe with Jupp then Pep comes along and changes stuff around. It wasn't a continuation

If Jupp stayed who knows what would have happened

This time around they have most of the same team plus the same coach

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yeah, a Real Madrid of 2014-2018 is once in a half-century event tbh.

Fuckin Real Madrid man. That club is blessed by the Football Gods.
They been to 7 CL finals and haven't lost a single one of them, they indeed are a lucky bunch. 1998, 2014, 2016 and 2018 all were on a knifes edge but still they prevailed in all, it's sick

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Thats because they had a winning recipe with Jupp then Pep comes along and changes stuff around. It wasn't a continuation

If Jupp stayed who knows what would have happened

This time around they have most of the same team plus the same coach
I agree mate. I been thinking "what if" a lot about how things would have turned if Jupp had stayed for a few more years.

But okay, there's no guarantee we would've won more CL titles with him. Robbery were both getting older in 2013 and became more and more injury prone, Dante was not a brilliant defender and Schweini and Lahm also had their best years past them after the 2014 WC. Maybe Jupp could've masked the weaknesses better than Pep did, he actually did in 2018 where Robbery still was in the club lol..

But again, it's a lot of "what if" from me.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Im really curious how the fuck did Italians end up calling Munich Monaco?
The city's German name, München, is derived from the word Mönch (munich in Old High German), which means monk.
The name of the city is usually interpreted as deriving from the Old/Middle High German term Munichen, meaning "by the monks". It derives from the monks of the Benedictine order, who ran a monastery at the place that was later to become the Old Town of Munich. A monk is also depicted on the city's coat of arms.
The Italian word for "monk" is "monaco". It is usually "Monaco di Baviera" when speaking of the city, to distinguish it from the principality in the French Riviera, but "Bayern Monaco" is obvious enough as its own entity. It originates from the Greek word "μόνοικος" (monoikos) meaning "living alone", i.e. as monks do.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
2002 too actually.

Fuckers!
Wasn't it deserved enough they won against Leverkusen? I remember Casillas had 2-3 really good saves in the dying minutes but still as I remember were Real better or?

- - - Updated - - -

The Italian word for "monk" is "monaco". It is usually "Monaco di Baviera" when speaking of the city, to distinguish it from the principality in the French Riviera, but "Bayern Monaco" is obvious enough as its own entity. It originates from the Greek word "μόνοικος" (monoikos) meaning "living alone", i.e. as monks do.
Then it makes more sense because Uli actually looks quite like a monk, shame for him he's totally the opposite of it. :shifty:

@DAiDEViL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)