Champions League 2019/20 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
If you say so

By irrelevant I don't mean playing for Pescara I mean more along the lines of generic rapid winger #46642 not some world beating phenomenon

Everyone is desperate for him to be the new CR/Messi because people can't cope with the fact we may go a decade without seeing that kind of player again.
Messi/CR level is an unfair expectation for any player. Injuries permitting he will be among the best players in the world for years to come. His quality has been quite clear since his breakthrough season at Monaco.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
That's the toxicity I was talking about :tup: theyd rather die than strengthen Juve. Bayern has it easy in this regard.

This is what I meant when I said Bayern's is a monopoly and ours just domination.
Roma would sell their best players to us if we pay up.

So would other midtable Italian clubs.

You should blame the recruitment than the reluctance of Italian teams to sell their best talents within the league.

Plus except Juve and nowadays Inter, Italian teams lack the financial muscle and are happy to be outbid by other clubs. This is an important factor.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Marquinhos too had a monster tournament. Even tonight he was brilliant.
Round of applause for Roma's directors too. They already deserved it for Salah, but one more round now.

See, this is one difference between Bayern and the best Italian teams. If Salah and Marquinhos played for M'Gladbach or smthg, they were gonna end up in Bayern, not in Liverpool and PSG.
Italians hate each other with passion, over what? A sport. Look at Lotito, how many years have passed, we can only dream about doing business with them. The same applies to other bunch of hateful money hungry owners. I Jovetic, Verratti, Salah, SMS, Alberto, Marquinhos, Alexis... soon we’ll see it happening again with Zaniolo and other young talents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Congrats to Bayern and their worthiness as winner.

And I’m happy my new adopted home town of Lisbon did a nice job of hosting this event at the last moment in the middle of a pandemic.

Neuer was awesome tonight. But I recall 7-8 years ago when Gigi was completely discarded and everyone was sucking themselves off over Neuer and Casillas. And both had major mid-career dips that made us reconsider Gigi’s relative greatness... and rightfully.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Messi/CR level is an unfair expectation for any player. Injuries permitting he will be among the best players in the world for years to come. His quality has been quite clear since his breakthrough season at Monaco.
That's what I'm saying though the football world are trying to peg him as the next elite whereas I see him comfortably below that. His best asset is his lightning pace but this ain't FIFA.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
That's the toxicity I was talking about :tup: theyd rather die than strengthen Juve. Bayern has it easy in this regard.

This is what I meant when I said Bayern's is a monopoly and ours just domination.
Bayern deal with it sometimes too (like Vidal) but yea I agree Juventus seem to get it worse than other domestic giants and it makes it more complicated to acquire the league's best players.

Not like we don't target them. Pjanic and Higuain were pounced on because they had release clauses. Other clubs couldn't fuck us.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

They also have it easy because clubs should like Hamburg, Schalke and Bremen are so incompetent and let their best players leave for free or cheap.

Jun 6, 2015
That's what I'm saying though the football world are trying to peg him as the next elite whereas I see him comfortably below that. His best asset is his lightning pace but this ain't FIFA.
Speed definitely helps but he has plenty of other assets. I'd calma a bit with these hot takes. Dude is 21 and has already been comfortably among the best attackers/players in the world for four seasons.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The dynamic of Serie A isnt like the Bundesliga where even the 3rd or 4th best team in the league would e happy to bend over to Bayern when they come calling. (Explains the low release clauses for some of the players). It is more along the lines of the Premier League historically speaking(it is more or less the same now as well). It is a bit unfair to even make this comparison with the German league.

The top English teams are able to cope with it just fine..

It all comes down to money. If Marquinhos was a young talent playing for Roma in 2020, we'd have first dibs on him. Why ? Because we are better equipped financially compared to the past. Simple as.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
One lesson to be learned from Bayern's dominance, other than having a great bench, is having offensively threatening full backs is essential to make your central threat unpredictable.

The amount of contribution Davies and Kimmich gave was huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)