Champions League 2019/20 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
If somebody actually claims that there's nothing controversial in these draws, should double check himself right away. How in the blue hell all teams with most success in the competion managed to get on the same side? I get it, it's wonderful to see new possible winners but come on, let the best win whatever is the draw instead of forcing a newcomer into the finals.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If somebody actually claims that there's nothing controversial in these draws, should double check himself right away. How in the blue hell all teams with most success in the competion managed to get on the same side? I get it, it's wonderful to see new possible winners but come on, let the best win whatever is the draw instead of forcing a newcomer into the finals.
If the big teams were drawn with smaller teams people would again say it's rigged

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
If the big teams were drawn with smaller teams people would again say it's rigged
That's a good point, but actually when looking at the draw, it basically ain't even a draw, it's just the teams that are already through on the right side and the teams with 2nd legs on the left.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
That's a good point, but actually when looking at the draw, it basically ain't even a draw, it's just the teams that are already through on the right side and the teams with 2nd legs on the left.
Ridiculous draw if you ask me. Must be some scam masterminded by commies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hope Atalanta buttfuck those dirty Qataris bankrolled by slave money.

Also, fuck City. I hope Real crush them, so the EPL Premfags can enjoy the pebble beaches of Brighton and forget about football until next season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
the pebble beaches of Brighton
How do you even know this? Quadrophenia?

Not the best draw, but I'd rather play City or Madrid than some other teams right now.

I still think this is a season too early, but worse teams have won it before. It's a different proposition to Serie A and about getting every match day right.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
True story. One of my best buddies, a Swiss guy from Lausanne, lived in the UK for a couple of years back in the day. He talks about it all the time. Also, a lot of my friends in Cyprus studied in the UK, so there's that. Quadrophenia is a great film and accompanying soundtrack though ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Atalanta are most likely going out to PSG
You really underrate them. PSG haven't played a competitive game in months, and they have Pussyfag extraordinaire Neymar who's likely to injure himself rolling around inside the first 20 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the best draw, but I'd rather play City or Madrid than some other teams right now.

I still think this is a season too early, but worse teams have won it before. It's a different proposition to Serie A and about getting every match day right.
I do think we can negotiate City or Real, but I prefer meeting Real because of the narrative around Ronaldo facing his former team, and Real are less likely to cause us problems when attacking.

After that, should we get past either of those two teams (and provided we negotiate the Lyon hurdle, which we should, considering who their coach is), I would much rather confront Barca than Bayern.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
True story. One of my best buddies, a Swiss guy from Lausanne, lived in the UK for a couple of years back in the day. He talks about it all the time. Also, a lot of my friends in Cyprus studied in the UK, so there's that. Quadrophenia is a great film and accompanying soundtrack though ;)
Brighton is nice, but it's the gay capital so it would be. Artisanal, hip and a bit pretentious. And expensive.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
apparently they're going to be cleared, what a joke.

"According to whether you are powerful or miserable, the judgments of court will return to you white or black" (Jean de La Fontaine)

Disgusting but not surprising. Pep was saying countless times that they'll be cleared

Hope they go out to Real and stick to mediocrity in CL for a long time

OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #4,698
    apparently they're going to be cleared, what a joke.

"According to whether you are powerful or miserable, the judgments of court will return to you white or black" (Jean de La Fontaine)

Nobody knows really. City will only know a few hours before the publication.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    it’s also weird that teams on the right side of the draw have also qualified for the quarters, while teams on the left still have to play the Rof16 second leg.

- - - Updated - - -

Atalanta are most likely going out to PSG
    I expect PSG to go out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)