Champions League 2019/20 (10 Viewers)

Nov 25, 2005
This draw is just ridiculous. Have we thought about how physically draining it has to be for the team to come out of the left bracket (our bracket) to play the final after having played the quarter and semi-finals both in the same week? Say we would miracously make it to the final, we would have played Lyon on the 7th, Real/City on the 15th, Barca/Bayern on the 18th, and then the final (idk, say Atletico or PSG) on the 23rd. That's facing 3 top-tier teams in an 8-day time-span.
This is fucking crazy!

Alen

Apr 2, 2007
This draw is just ridiculous. Have we thought about how physically draining it has to be for the team to come out of the left bracket (our bracket) to play the final after having played the quarter and semi-finals both in the same week? Say we would miracously make it to the final, we would have played Lyon on the 7th, Real/City on the 15th, Barca/Bayern on the 18th, and then the final (idk, say Atletico or PSG) on the 23rd. That's facing 3 top-tier teams in an 8-day time-span.
We will play the potential semi on 19th, not 18th, and that's the only problem, because the semi from the other bracket is played on the 18th and that winner will have a day more to rest before the final, despite not having to play a return leg in the 1/8 finals.
But in one offs you can't predict who's gonna be more favored by the schedule. It may turn out that Bayern B squad eliminates Chelsea in the return leg and then wins the quarters and semis in 90 minutes, while Atletico plays extra time with Leipzig and PSG on their way to the final.
A similar thing happened at WC 2018, when France made it through the harder bracket by winning everything in 90 minutes, while Croatia made the final from what seemed like a much easier part of the bracket, but played extra time for 3 straight matches before the final.

Xperd

Legendary G.O.A.T
Jun 1, 2012
I honestly would have been much more confident about this draw if Allegri was still our manager.

We could have potentially pulled off a Portugal style upset with him especially when you have your two strikers in such good form.

I wonder if Sarri is even gonna think of this strategy(assuming we get past Lyon which we really should). I'd love to see all our best defenders playing at the same time.

mondolon

Mysterious Harmony
Premium
Aug 2, 2005
Its same for everyone on same side of the draw like us.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Its same for everyone on same side of the draw like us.

Nah, it's the worst for those playing on the 15th (Juve/Lyon, Real/ City) because they'll have only 2 days of rest before the semi finals. For example Napoli/ Barca, Chelsea/Bayern will play on the 14th. They'll have a day more of rest.

mondolon

Mysterious Harmony
Premium
Aug 2, 2005
Nah, it's the worst for those playing on the 15th (Juve/Lyon, Real/ City) because they'll have only 2 days of rest before the semi finals. For example Napoli/ Barca, Chelsea/Bayern will play on the 14th. They'll have a day more of rest.
Excuses..

Alen

Apr 2, 2007
If Atletico or Leipzig make the final, they will play on: August 13 - 18 - 23 (5 days between every match)
If PSG or Atalanta make the final, they will play on: August 12 - 18 - 23 (6 days between quarters and semi; 5 days between semis and finals). These two have the best schedule.
If Juve, Lyon, Real or City make the final, they will play on: August 7 - 15 - 19 - 23 (8 days between 1/8 and 1/4, then 4 days + 4 days)
If Napoli, Barca, Bayern or Chelsea make the final, they will play on: August 8 - 14 - 19 - 23 (6 days between 1/8 and 1/4, then 5+4 days)

So PSG and Atalanta have the best schedule, with no 1/8 finals, 6 days rest between quarters and semis and 5 days rest between semis and finals.
As for those who have it the worst... I think it's Juve/Lyon/City and Real. They will have 8 days rest between 1/8 and 1/4 finals, but after that they have only 4 days between quarters-semis and semis-final.

mondolon

Mysterious Harmony
Premium
Aug 2, 2005
If Atletico or Leipzig make the final, they will play on: August 13 - 18 - 23 (5 days between every match)
If PSG or Atalanta make the final, they will play on: August 12 - 18 - 23 (6 days between quarters and semi; 5 days between semis and finals). These two have the best schedule.
If Juve, Lyon, Real or City make the final, they will play on: August 7 - 15 - 19 - 23 (8 days between 1/8 and 1/4, then 4 days + 4 days)
If Napoli, Barca, Bayern or Chelsea make the final, they will play on: August 8 - 14 - 19 - 23 (6 days between 1/8 and 1/4, then 5+4 days)

So PSG and Atalanta have the best schedule, with no 1/8 finals, 6 days rest between quarters and semis and 5 days rest between semis and finals.
As for those who have it the worst... I think it's Juve/Lyon/City and Real. They will have 8 days rest between 1/8 and 1/4 finals, but after that they have only 4 days between quarters-semis and semis-final.
Are 4 days enough to regenerate match energy if no injuries happens? I guess so

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
If this happens, Chain Smoking Canceh should tend his resignation immediately - he shouldn't even bother doing the post match interview.

- - - Updated - - -

No away goals. All ties are one legged affairs from the QFs onward.
Meant the 2nd legs which are remaining? Would be absolutely idiotic to have 4 teams benefitting from home crowd, then other 4 playing at home for none of their fans, while away goals still counting.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

Are you sure we can play semis on 19.08?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 7)