Champions League 2019/20 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The magic around Pep has already disappeared. I don't think Juventus will try to sign him now. It's much more likely that he's going back to Barcelona, taking a few of the Man City players with him.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Pep with such wonderful squads didn't reach any finals post Barcelona and to think that that bum Enrique won a CL makes you wonder how good Pep really is. There are managers out there who always outsmart Pep because he has no plan B, just like Sarri has no plan B.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The magic around Pep has already disappeared. I don't think Juventus will try to sign him now. It's much more likely that he's going back to Barcelona, taking a few of the Man City players with him.

Klopp built a record breaking world class team thats having the best run in EPL history thus far in the season. Thats why the points gap is so huge its not because City is in free-fall or is crap.

City is still a very good team with a very bright future and every chance of winning titles this season and next. For the last 2 years, it was City that was considered unstoppable, breaking all kinds of records and to a great extent that is still true. He proved people wrong already when they said he wouldnt win the EPL and that his style will fail there. He is the only coach since Ferguson to win it back to back, and if he stays he will likely regain the title next season or at least it will be a much closer challenge.

The magic has not disappeared at all. He is in better standing now than he was when he left Bayern.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Klopp built a record breaking world class team thats having the best run in EPL history thus far in the season. Thats why the points gap is so huge its not because City is in free-fall or is crap.

City is still a very good team with a very bright future and every chance of winning titles this season and next. For the last 2 years, it was City that was considered unstoppable, breaking all kinds of records and to a great extent that is still true. He proved people wrong already when they said he wouldnt win the EPL and that his style will fail there. He is the only coach since Ferguson to win it back to back, and if he stays he will likely regain the title next season or at least it will be a much closer challenge.

The magic has not disappeared at all. He is in better standing now than he was when he left Bayern.
I'm not saying he became some mediocre nobody - he's still a top manager. There's just no perceived "guarantee of success" that used to be attached to his name anymore. He looks less and less convincing. And this season is not only about the exceptional Liverpool too - last year Man City finished in EPL with only 4 defeats while this year they already lost 6 times, with three months to go. So, he would definitely be a huge upgrade compared to Sarri, but the excitement about this idea is definitely weaker than it was half a year ago.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I'm not saying he became some mediocre nobody - he's still a top manager. There's just no perceived "guarantee of success" that used to be attached to his name anymore. He looks less and less convincing. And this season is not only about the exceptional Liverpool too - last year Man City finished in EPL with only 4 defeats while this year they already lost 6 times, with three months to go. So, he would definitely be a huge upgrade compared to Sarri, but the excitement about this idea is definitely weaker than it was half a year ago.
Laporte who was their best defender got injured kind of like Chiellini.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think City future is bright. You think players in their prime will like to play without CL football?

I can see KDB to real as Modric replacement. Jesus to Barca as Suarez replacement. Sane will go to Bayern now. Aguero maybe will go back to Atletico now and there are plenty other players who i havent mentioned. Some might stay cause of the wages and other complications (british players want to stay in uk but apart from utd and pool maybe who can afford them).

Also if Pep leaves which is likely now who takes over. At best maybe Poch but without CL they cant attract the best players to join now. Difficult times ahead for them. Kind of reminds our 2006. But that club has no real loyalties i think. I cant see the likes of KDB stay in their prime if they could go to Madrid or Barca and win CL. He will be like 30 by the time City are back in CL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)