Champions League 2019/20 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not that confident tbh. We might fuck it up against Lyon. We're too hot and cold, and quality opposition usually punish us.

A struggling Napoli have already done it, and Lazio twice owned us. I don't know what the fuck the chain smoking former banker is doing, but it's not inspiring confidence.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm aware of that. We haven't played quality opposition (ATM are garbage this season) though, and in a knockout game, anything can happen (think Ajax last season).

Lyon have nothing to lose, are missing some key players, and if we adopt the wrong approach, we could pay.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'm not that confident tbh. We might fuck it up against Lyon. We're too hot and cold, and quality opposition usually punish us.

A struggling Napoli have already done it, and Lazio twice owned us. I don't know what the fuck the chain smoking former banker is doing, but it's not inspiring confidence.
Come on now. Surely, we're way too strong for Lyon over 2 games. Not even Sarri is going to be able to mess this up.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hope the stubborn chain smoker realizes the importance of rotation in those games. No need to go full send in a Coppa game against Milan. Also, the CL fixture is the most important - one false step, and we're out. We can't lose to Inter @ home though - we can't lose to Cunte, Magotta, and the Corona Infested Chinkwees.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I see Madrid knocking out City (City have been atrocious of late). PSG vs Dortmund could be a very interesting tie, but I still give the edge to PSG - they have more weapons and the 2nd leg at home. ATM vs Liverpool could be closer than many anticipate, but there's only one winner here. Napoli vs Barcelona could provide a surprise - Barca have been largely unconvincing, and Napoli seem to be buying into Gattuso's philosophy.

We should dispatch Lyon, but we might actually make it more difficult for ourselves than it should be. Bayern should defeat Chelsea with relative ease, not because Bayern are great, but Chelsea are just too incompetent (novice coach, inconsistency, too many holes in their game). Atalanta vs Valencia is really anyone's tie - Atalanta score for fun, but they also seem to concede with regularity, and throw away games they should be winning - I'd give Valencia the edge due to their European experience/pedigree. Spurs vs Leipzig is another intriguing tie that could go either way, but I give the slight edge to Spurs.

Predictions:

ATM vs Liverpool (2-4 on aggregate. Liverpool draw 1-1 in Spain and complete the job 3-1 at home)
Lyon vs Juventus (2-3 on aggregate. We get a 1-1 away from home and scrape through after a 2-1 home victory)
Dortmund vs PSG (4-5 on aggregate. 2-2 in Germany and PSG winning 3-2 @ home)
Madrid vs City (4-3 on aggregate. 1-1 in Manchester and a 3-2 Madrid win in Spain)
Napoli vs Barcelona (4-4 on aggregate. 2-2 in Naples and 2-2 in Spain. Barcelona win on penalties.)
Atalanta vs Valencia (3-4 on aggregate. 2-1 in Italy with Valencia winning 3-1 in Spain)
Chelsea vs Bayern (2-4 on aggregate. Bayern win both legs 2-1)
Spurs vs Leipzig (3-3 on aggregate. 1-1 in London with Spurs qualifying on away goals after a 2-2 draw in Germany)

Liverpool, Juventus, PSG, Madrid, Barca, Valencia, Bayern, and Spurs in the QFs. I'd love Valencia or Spurs in the QFs please.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
We were celebrating drawing Ajax last year and look where that got us. I think we need a closer look at Lyon and their style of play.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We were celebrating drawing Ajax last year and look where that got us. I think we need a closer look at Lyon and their style of play.
They're missing two key players, and they're not that deep. We should be cautious and avoid falling into the trap of underestimating them, but over two legs (this is not a one off game), we should have too much quality and firepower for them. Beyond the Round of 16, I really don't know what could happen. If we get a favorable draw, we could be heading to the semis or even the final. However, there are 3-4 teams that could really cause us problems (we could also needlessly make life difficult for ourselves).

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
What is clear is that we have a lot of possession but create little in terms of clear chances. Fiorentina nullified us and teams with a clinical attack will punish us. We need to find the best 11 where we are solid in defence and also direct in front of goal so that we make chances. Yesterday was a lot of dicking about and sideways passing.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What is clear is that we have a lot of possession but create little in terms of clear chances. Fiorentina nullified us and teams with a clinical attack will punish us. We need to find the best 11 where we are solid in defence and also direct in front of goal so that we make chances. Yesterday was a lot of dicking about and sideways passing.
Do you think that was only yesterday or is it a repeated pattern?
Why do you think this happens?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
When Sarri was appointed, the expectation was that he'd take our attackers and drill down patterns that they'd use in games. Unlike Allegri, who let the players have a free hand in the final third. Suffice to say that hasn't happened, (yet?).

Nov 3, 2019
As long as we avoid meeting Liverpool, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich or Barcelona we are good to go :baus:
Barcelona isnt dangerous, Im sure we would beat them. But dont forget City, their fast attacking for our slow players is too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Lyon vs Juventus (2-3 on aggregate. We get a 1-1 away from home and scrape through after a 2-1 home victory)
Lol a 2-3 against Lyon ? This would be scary as fuck. We need to beat them atleast with a three goals margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)