Champions League 2019/20 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think the point is VVD isn’t the best defender ever, contrary to the media. I’ve been watching football for close to 25 years and this is very irritating to me.
Not even the best Dutch defender.
Jaap Stam at his peak was way better.
But English media always had this kind of bias.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
who said that ? :lol:

Hes not even top20 CB ever :) TFUU ... TOP30 or even TOP40.
Gary Gillespie, Shaka Hislop, even Vincent Kompany said it or inferred it. That’s all we ever hear about at the back is this one player. It’s insane. Guys like Maldini and Nesta make him look like an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even the best Dutch defender.
Jaap Stam at his peak was way better.
But English media always had this kind of bias.

Yes!

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Gary Gillespie, Shaka Hislop, even Vincent Kompany said it or inferred it. That’s all we ever hear about at the back is this one player. It’s insane. Guys like Maldini and Nesta make him look like an idiot.
They are lobbying for him to get the Ballon d'or probably so they praise him non stop.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Beckenbauer, Passarella, Scirea, Baresi, Booby Moore, Maldini, Matthaeus, Puyol, Nesta, Koeman, Cannavaro, Costacurta, Desailly, Hierro, Santamaría, Billy Wright, Alan Hansen, Krool .........
I can do this all day ....
Don’t forget about Ayala and Jocelyn Angloma.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
In the modern era where defending is less about defending, Ramos has got to be considered a great.
It's hard to not consider Ramos an all time great. The guy practically held real's defense. 2 matches that show his importance to them.
Real Juve 1-3 almost overturned the result - he was suspended
Real Ajax 1-4 he was suspended.

He is the guy you kinda love to hate. An idol if he plays for your team but a despicable human being(sporting wise) if not, ala Lichtensteiner, Manbro. The kind of person who gives his all for his team ala Chiello.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It's hard to not consider Ramos an all time great. The guy practically held real's defense. 2 matches that show his importance to them.

He is the guy you kinda love to hate. An idol if he plays for your team but a despicable human being if not, ala Lichtensteiner, Manbro. The kind of person who gives his all for his team ala Chiello.

Ramos is a leader and he has a winning mentality, but defending wise he's definitely not an all time great. He's had a lot of games where he made mistakes and/or red cards. There are better defenders out there even today, but like I said mentality wise he's a CB version of Ronaldo, he's clutch

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

He is the guy you kinda love to hate. An idol if he plays for your team but a despicable human being(sporting wise) if not, ala Lichtensteiner, Manbro. The kind of person who gives his all for his team ala Chiello.

Plus his clutchness in CL finals.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

It is difficult to put Ramos in the same bracket as Nesta Cannavaro Maldini but surely in receiving red cards there is no comparison

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Ramos is a leader and he has a winning mentality, but defending wise he's definitely not an all time great. He's had a lot of games where he made mistakes and/or red cards. There are better defenders out there even today, but like I said mentality wise he's a CB version of Ronaldo, he's clutch
There is some truth in that, but frankly after his retirement I will only remember his achievements, which are staggering.
In this current era I would have considered Ramos Chiello the dream cb partnership.

OP
Ronn

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
  • Thread Starter #857
    "Rare mistake by Van Dijk" my ass. He was responsible for 2 of the Barca's goals in last year's semis first leg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)