Champions League 2019/20 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Tbh over the past 3-4 years PSG usually destroyed teams and deserved to go through but they didn't due to some bad luck.

Mercenaries? Meh. They overpay because other clubs know they are covered in oil and would pay anything. I still wouldn't be surprised to see PSG trash Atalanta (here we go).

We also spend tons of money and have really have wages. Yet we get destroyed by Ajax and Lyon.
What are you talking about? PSG have deservedly been knocked out of the CL every single time. They’ve been even bigger chokers, failures and disappointments than us by a long way. The Barca game from a few years ago will never be surpassed in terms of a choke job. They might have big superstars up front, but this team is horribly top heavy and pretty meh in midfield and especially defence.

They might “smash” Atalanta, which I highly doubt, but they should also be expected to, given Neymar earns more than the entire Atalanta team put together.

Keep denigrating Juventus, but we’ve actually won in Europe and made two CL finals in the last 5 years. PSG haven’t been within sniffing distance.

But we all know you fap over every other league and underrate Serie A at every turn.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What did the snob say about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“I have great respect for everything that Atalanta are doing, but without international history and thanks to just one great season, they had direct access into the primary European club competition. Is that right or not?

“Then I think of AS Roma, who contributed in recent years to maintaining Italy’s ranking. They had one bad season and are out, with all the consequent damage to them financially.

“We must also protect investment and costs. So would Atalanta therefore have less chance of playing at a high level? I don’t have the answer to that, it’s just about setting up a transparent process to make this decision.

“There are teams who won the league or cup and achieve qualification just on the basis of their country’s ranking. The point is how we balance the contribution to European football and the performance of a single year.”

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
“I have great respect for everything that Atalanta are doing, but without international history and thanks to just one great season, they had direct access into the primary European club competition. Is that right or not?

“Then I think of AS Roma, who contributed in recent years to maintaining Italy’s ranking. They had one bad season and are out, with all the consequent damage to them financially.

“We must also protect investment and costs. So would Atalanta therefore have less chance of playing at a high level? I don’t have the answer to that, it’s just about setting up a transparent process to make this decision.

“There are teams who won the league or cup and achieve qualification just on the basis of their country’s ranking. The point is how we balance the contribution to European football and the performance of a single year.”
Damn that’s harsh. I hope his comments won’t ruin our chances of signing Gosens and Papu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What are you talking about? PSG have deservedly been knocked out of the CL every single time. They’ve been even bigger chokers, failures and disappointments than us by a long way. The Barca game from a few years ago will never be surpassed in terms of a choke job. They might have big superstars up front, but this team is horribly top heavy and pretty meh in midfield and especially defence.

They might “smash” Atalanta, which I highly doubt, but they should also be expected to, given Neymar earns more than the entire Atalanta team put together.

Keep denigrating Juventus, but we’ve actually won in Europe and made two CL finals in the last 5 years. PSG haven’t been within sniffing distance.

But we all know you fap over every other league and underrate Serie A at every turn.
I underrate Serie A? That holds as much ground as saying that you overrate everything being done by Serie A teams. But truth be told, you can't brag much about Serie A success in Europe however you look at it.

Secondly, you are in denial, because PSG did amazing in the past years against certain clubs and went out. It's not like they played like shit and went out. No, that's just pure BS honestly.

Thirdly, nobody remembers losers. Yes, we were in two finals. But we didn't win any. And in 20 years time they will all remember those who lifted the trophy and not those who lost against them.

Even if Atalanta gets past PSG I'd still say a bigger embarrassment is us losing against Lyon. And a lot bigger embarrassment that is. Sure, Lyon is a bigger club than Atalanta. But this season we're seeing Atalanta on fire as they are 3rd in Italy. On the other hand the amazing Lyon is 7th in an even worse league than Serie A.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Why do you keep bringing up Juventus? :lol: At the end of the day, both us and PSG have been horrendous chokers in Europe, but PSG have been embarrassed a lot more than us given the insane money they have spent since 2012.

Extremely bizarre for you to keep going there, when I simply made the comment that Atalanta look like (and are) a real team and PSG looks like a team of mercenaries randomly slapped together...which they are for the most part

But anyway, it still wouldn’t shock me to see PSQ squeak past them due to their individual quality. They still aren’t winning shit in Europe anyway. So yeah.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
PSG were fucked by covid more than anyone else left in CL. Mbappe, Di Maria, Verratti, even Cavani who's a free agent now. They would have been available if this match was played in late March/early April. Then add the fact that they didn't play any league matches since March. They've been seriously fucked by the virus.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Mbappe will finish them imo

It's a matter of time before psg score

Caldara in particular is having a 'mare

They need another goal else they're out

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Big moment for Gasperini here. Does he have something else to show PSG or will he keep tempting fate? I don't know if it's necessary to keep going with 3 at the back man-marking. PSG will open themselves regardless now.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Mbappe will finish them imo

It's a matter of time before psg score

Caldara in particular is having a 'mare

They need another goal else they're out
Just like Dybala finished off Lyon. If he were fit he would start.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring on Malinkovsky to finish them off with a rocket.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Agnelli

“I have great respect for everything that Atalanta are doing, but without international history and thanks to just one great season, they had direct access into the primary European club competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)