Status
Not open for further replies.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
So there's three real challenges left for us left really: City, Barcelona and Bayern. All three of them are capable of insane attacking play on their day, but all three have shown significant weaknesses too along this season to exploit, just like us. We are in the best position out of all those teams to focus our starting XI purely to the champions league from now on, so we can pretty much rest whoever we want, and can study their tactics and players extensively prior to each encounter.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So there's three real challenges left for us left really: City, Barcelona and Bayern. All three of them are capable of insane attacking play on their day, but all three have shown significant weaknesses too along this season to exploit, just like us. We are in the best position out of all those teams to focus our starting XI purely to the champions league from now on, so we can pretty much rest whoever we want, and can study their tactics and players extensively prior to each encounter.
Barcelona for me are the most dangerous team left because they know how to win the CL. City are brilliant if you let them be, but also they have so much expensive depth now there are few excuses for failure.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Barcelona for me are the most dangerous team left because they know how to win the CL. City are brilliant if you let them be, but also they have so much expensive depth now there are few excuses for failure.
Barcelona are the only ones that are truly difficult for us imo.
It's Pep at City. We know what we are going to get and he plays the exact game Allegri can exploit. The only problem obviously is that our defence in terms of form is the worst we have had for years.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Atletico didn't know what hit them, grabbing that composure isn't easy, but it's fine for a decent inferior team with nothing to lose. We need to be wary of that, it was perfect simply because it was incredibly unlikely yet we did it.

That said oh boy we were bleading tonight and showed a truly warrior performance. I really hope we don't find ourselves chasing in the same position again. Im really not sure who we should take on other than the obvious porto.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
All three can easily defeat us if we play our regular football, since they have overwhelming attacking qualities should we play super negative football like we usually do. However, since we lead Serie A by a whopping 18 points and could literally field our U23- team to win the league, we have the preparedness and lesser fatigue compared to our opponents if we so choose. This is exactly how we beat Atletico today; we rested a chunk of our starters prior to the game and studied their team on how to beat them. They lacked full back-quality tonight (no Felipe Luis or Hernandez) so we bombarded them with crosses to beat their lesser quality full-backs with headers.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
All three can easily defeat us if we play our regular football, since they have overwhelming attacking qualities should we play super negative football like we usually do. However, since we lead Serie A by a whopping 18 points and could literally field our U23- team to win the league, we have the preparedness and lesser fatigue compared to our opponents if we so choose. This is exactly how we beat Atletico today; we rested a chunk of our starters prior to the game and studied their team on how to beat them. They lacked full back-quality tonight (no Felipe Luis or Hernandez) so we bombarded them with crosses to beat their lesser quality full-backs with headers.
I think Atletico in general get quite narrow anyway when defending, much like we can, because our centre of the team is hard to break down. It's all about the quality of the ball in, and having CR7 in the middle always helps with that as his aerial prowess can turn a decent cross into a goal, but also because we were so relentless today we got a lot of crosses in to the point that even a team like Atletico were struggling. It's pure percentages. In the first leg they did this to us, they got corners and dangerous crosses in, and in the end they looked dangerous doing it.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
FIF

My first thoughts:

Even if I dislike Juventus like everyone here, I must admit: respect! With the back on the wall they fought sensationally and the won. They deserved the qualification without a doubt. Not only Cristiano, but also Bernardeschi, Cancelo, Pjanic, even fucking Spinazzolla! So, Allegri will keep going! He deserved it!

Atletico! What a dreadful performance! Not a single shot on target! I agree, their peak was in 2015-2017, Cholo needs to change something. Starting with him! Until tonight he was a darling of this forum, now everyone mocks him! It took less than 2 hours.

Inter! My lovely club over 20 years. When I see Inter playing and compare with this game, with this Juve, the distance between us and them is abysmal. It will take us a few good years to be able to go head to head against them. My only hope is Marotta. I hope we give him free hand to make his team and hopefully in 3 years we cold give these fuckers a fight!

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I think Atletico in general get quite narrow anyway when defending, much like we can, because our centre of the team is hard to break down. It's all about the quality of the ball in, and having CR7 in the middle always helps with that as his aerial prowess can turn a decent cross into a goal, but also because we were so relentless today we got a lot of crosses in to the point that even a team like Atletico were struggling. It's pure percentages. In the first leg they did this to us, they got corners and dangerous crosses in, and in the end they looked dangerous doing it.
I think tonights result was a lot down to our personnel changes; Sandro and De Sciglio are offensively worse full-backs in terms of crossing than Cancelo and Spinazzola, and Berna could finally start a big game in his most natural position out wide on the right instead of Dybala who simply cannot offer anything when played out right as a winger. All three of these new lads could finally offer some real heading chances for Ronaldo which resulted in two goals out of three, plus the Berna penalty win.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Barcelona are the only ones that are truly difficult for us imo.
It's Pep at City. We know what we are going to get and he plays the exact game Allegri can exploit. The only problem obviously is that our defence in terms of form is the worst we have had for years.
They were pretty good today, though... we didn't allow Atletico a single shot on target I believe. They only had that one headed chance really. Our biggest weakness by far is crosses and set pieces into the box because Bonucci doesn't know how to jump.... luckily, this is the weakest part of City's attacking game.

- - - Updated - - -

This twat is probably going to try to claim Cristiano has agreed to return to them. Tries to spread whatever dumbass news he can to unsettle Juve. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)