Champions League 2017/2018 (15 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
only turks or arabs 'support' real or barca, german bandwagoners go bayern and they're the worst

LOL

Same in the UK, most Arabs I have met support either Real, Barca or Arsenal for some reason. I think they love Real Madrid because the whole Zidane being ethnically Arab thing.

But aside from that, here in the UK many look at Real and Barca as the only legitimate representatives of Europe because of SkySports.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
LOL

Same in the UK, most Arabs I have met support either Real, Barca or Arsenal for some reason. I think they love Real Madrid because the whole Zidane being ethnically Arab thing.

But aside from that, here in the UK many look at Real and Barca as the only legitimate representatives of Europe because of SkySports.
Well when you talk about Arabs that's a different matter. I agree with the skysports exposure, outside the EPL, brits only take la liga serious but even then they'd probably only watch the classicos.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 10, 2009
Well when you talk about Arabs that's a different matter. I agree with the skysports exposure, outside the EPL, brits only take la liga serious but even then they'd probably only watch the classicos.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Live in London, but yeah, you pretty much summed up what I mean.

Without sounding 'racist,' most Arabs I met support Real or Barcelona, and most people of African decent support Chelsea.

The average person in the UK however doesn't rate Europe except for Real and Barcelona because of Skysports.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
The pk incident when Dzeko was onside is debatable to some extent but the one with the handball was insane, it was a very clear contact and the ball was going right into the net if the defender hadn't stopped it with his hands. Yet that Benatia push was penalized in the blink of an eye. This is absolutely disgusting and morale damaging.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The pk incident when Dzeko was onside is debatable to some extent but the one with the handball was insane, it was a very clear contact and the ball was going right into the net if the defender hadn't stopped it with his hands. Yet that Benatia push was penalized in the blink of an eye. This is absolutely disgusting and morale damaging.
It was almost as bad as Suarez vs Ghana. Incredible how it wasn't given.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Live in London, but yeah, you pretty much summed up what I mean.

Without sounding 'racist,' most Arabs I met support Real or Barcelona, and most people of African decent support Chelsea.

The average person in the UK however doesn't rate Europe except for Real and Barcelona because of Skysports.
Probably because Arabs have more in common with Latin culture than English culture. There is a strong Serie A fan presence in the middle east too but obviously it has declined compared to the past.

Lots of French players of African descent and African players represented Arsenal and Chelsea so that's the reason many Africans support them.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Do you know what's going to suck really hard? That the poor refereeing will influence games at the World Cup, well it won't suck really hard if a European team wins it, in that case it will be awesome.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
It was almost as bad as Suarez vs Ghana. Incredible how it wasn't given.
Unbelievable right? I'm watching a French tv program about the game, most of the pundits are in shock, one of them is a Juventino. They were also saying that "normally" after a pk referees should add 2 extra minutes to compensate which didn't happen. What a joke this competition has become.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Unbelievable right? I'm watching a French tv program about the game, most of the pundits are in shock, one of them is a Juventino. They were also saying that "normally" after a pk referees should add 2 extra minutes to compensate which didn't happen. What a joke this competition has become.
But is it a rule or just a norm followed by the referee

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Florenzi: 'Different Final with VAR'
Football Italia

“I don’t know if the Final would’ve been Real Madrid-Liverpool” if the Champions League had VAR, said Roma star Alessandro Florenzi.

The Giallorossi won 4-2 on the night, but went out 7-6 on aggregate as Liverpool will meet Real Madrid in the Champions League Final.

Director of sport Monchi and President James Pallotta felt the absence of VAR in the tournament is “an absolute joke” after two clear penalties were not awarded today.

“The bitterness remains, especially for that penalty and what would’ve been a red card. We could’ve gone 3-2 up and attempt the miracle that we only grazed,” Florenzi told Mediaset Premium.

“It does make you angry to go out like that. We conceded seven goals over two legs, but without the first Mohamed Salah goal being offside, then the penalty on Edin Dzeko who wasn’t offside and the really obvious one with the handball…”

This comes 24 hours after Bayern Munich’s fury at a Marcelo handball that wasn’t spotted by the officials in the other semi-final.

“If there was VAR technology in the Champions League, I don’t know if the Final would’ve been Real Madrid-Liverpool. VAR takes away a lot of doubts and it can happen that a referee doesn’t see it in a split second, but in 10 seconds you can watch the footage and be sure.

“Roma could’ve achieved something extraordinary, which all of Rome was dreaming of. I think all of Italy is proud of us tonight. It has to be a starting point for us and not a finish line, as we must want to live these nights again.

“We are very proud of this jersey and I think our fans are proud of what we’ve done too.”

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
There's nothing debatable with that incident. Although Roma's penalty on 93rd minute IS debatable. Ref was an idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)