Champions League 2017/2018 (16 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I want Real to win the final. Amongst the reasons i have are:

1) Because there's nothing smelly and irritating than an EPL club winning it

2) Liverpool are a disgusting club with disgusting fans, yes even more than Real

3) At the end we can say, we lost against the eventual winner.

4) In this era of European dominance, only we stopped Real from winning 4 in a row.

5) As others mentioned, it's a spit in the face if someone as unknown as Liverpool ends up winning it out of nowhere, while we failed miserably last year.

6) Let's stay numb with Reals success.

7) For zizou

The solace I'll take if Liverpool win is seeing fagnaldo crying and salah taking the balon d or.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
CL is a trophy with fine margins. If a team wins 5-1 on aggregate, complaining about the ref doesnt make a lot of sense, but if it ends in such a close result, the team that suffered the worse decisions should surely feel aggrieved.
Especially the hand ball incident it would have been straight red and penalty for Roma

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

2) Liverpool are a disgusting club with disgusting fans, yes even more than Real

4) In this era of European dominance, only we stopped Real from winning 4 in a row.

5) As others mentioned, it's a spit in the face if someone as unknown as Liverpool ends up winning it out of nowhere, while we failed miserably last year.

7) For zizou

The solace I'll take if Liverpool win is seeing fagnaldo crying and salah taking the balon d or.

:inter:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Monchi: 'Italian football must speak up'
Football Italia

Roma director Monchi said “Italian football has to raise its voice, because this is not normal” after two clear penalties not awarded against Liverpool.

The Giallorossi lost 5-2 at Anfield, won 4-2 in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, but it’s the Reds who go to the Final against Real Madrid.

“It changes everything. We conceded a goal that was offside in the first leg, here we had two penalties not given, one of which was a clear red card,” the director of sport told Mediaset Premium.

“It’s time to raise our voices, not just Roma either, as Juventus suffered the same against Real Madrid. Italian football has to raise its voice, because what we saw tonight was shocking.

“It’s playing with the hearts of all the fans. We have to compliment Liverpool for their qualification, but also need to evaluate how it happened.

“In Anfield, the third goal was offside, here we had two clear penalties not given. I’m Spanish, I arrived here a year ago, but I think it’s time Italian football raises its voice, because this is not normal.

“I don’t understand why VAR is not used in the most important club competition in the world. I don’t get it. There are still mistakes, but many fewer than we see otherwise.

“It’s not just damage on an economic level, but also for the passion and hard work. The lads in the locker room were really angry, as we gave 100 per cent in the second half and were excellent.

“We must introduce VAR in the Champions League, because it’s fundamental. I don’t know why UEFA don’t want it. I really think it’s necessary, because fans might joke that the Final with VAR would be Bayern Munich-Roma, but it’s actually true.”

Mar 10, 2009
It doesn't have anything to do with Juve JESUS CHRIST

Why are you so alter defensive of other teams then?

I don't see anybody alter defensive of refereeing decisions except fans?

Roman should have been 3-2 up with 30 mins left against 10 men.

- - - Updated - - -

CL is a trophy with fine margins. If a team wins 5-1 on aggregate, complaining about the ref doesnt make a lot of sense, but if it ends in such a close result, the team that suffered the worse decisions should surely feel aggrieved.
Thank you, this is called common sense.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011

7) For zizou

https://fororealmadrid.com/

I can give you Spanish lessons.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Why are you so alter defensive of other teams then?

I don't see anybody alter defensive of refereeing decisions except fans?

Roman should have been 3-2 up with 30 mins left against 10 men.
What does that even mean? That I'm defending other teams? I'm not.

I don't even disagree with the fact the ref made errors and Roma should have got 2 PKs, it's just the victim mentality that irks me no disrespect. I think we as Juve fans shouldn't reduce ourselves to that.

Mar 10, 2009
What does that even mean? That I'm defending other teams? I'm not.

I don't even disagree with the fact the ref made errors and Roma should have got 2 PKs, it's just the victim mentality that irks me no disrespect. I think we as Juve fans shouldn't reduce ourselves to that.

I agree, but not when the claims are legitimate. Do you seriously not think that incident did not effect the game?

I can understand the Bayern clutching straws against Real yesterday, but the ref blatantly cost Roma the tie.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It's actually pretty healthy, believe it or not :p

Refs errors are part of the game but players and coaches are not? They make mistake, they try to make up for it, assuming the refs are not interfering with the result. We made mistakes in the first leg against Real, but the tie included TWO legs, and we were making up for the mistakes in the second leg. How can you say we only had ourselves to blame because we made mistakes during the first half of the battle?
I never said this was fair or that football is fair. Ref in the Madrid match was very harsh with the call, and imo UEFA should implement the idea of having the same ref in both ties in order to balance the wrong decisions made in a prior tie and to have consistent refereeing.

We should have done a better first game though, and we wouldn't even have this discussion. I'm simply against us adopting a victim mentality, but the situations are not fair I'm conscious

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
An EPL team making the final suits UEFA a lot more than Roma being there would have. Imagine how an extra 5 million south east asians will tune into watch the final now. Kirrching

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
People losing it over VAR not being in CL already... you do realize that VAR is brand new in top leagues right? It hasn't been around for years, the leagues just introduced this year. And it's full of flaws thus far. It makes complete sense that UEFA wouldn't make the CL the guinea pig for VAR. Domestic leagues shall sort out the issues and get it working and then CL and EL will adopt next year or the one after.

Did you really think VAR would be just be implemented across the entire football landscape all at once?

It will arrive soon, there will still be contentious decisions, there will still be issues with close calls on offsides and 50/50 penalties and bitching about what VAR is allowed to be used for. But it will help wipe out many of the most egregious mistakes. Which is great.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said this was fair or that football is fair. Ref in the Madrid match was very harsh with the call, and imo UEFA should implement the idea of having the same ref in both ties in order to balance the wrong decisions made in a prior tie and to have consistent refereeing.

We should have done a better first game though, and we wouldn't even have this discussion. I'm simply against us adopting a victim mentality, but the situations are not fair I'm conscious
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)