Champions League 2017/2018 (5 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lol y'all making fun of other forums for posting about how they gonna win the CL and plotting their route to the final, and the same being done here :touched:
We're in the QFs. We're making projections. I never said we'd win the whole thing. Simply extrapolating based on past precedent and potential future projections :p

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
They had easy groups, and mostly easy draws, aside from Chelsea and Tottenham.

United had a group of Basel, CSKA, Benfica. Then drew Sevilla in Rof16

Liverpool had a group of Sevilla, Spartak, Maribor. Then drew Porto in Rof16

ManCity had a group of Napoli, Shaktar, Feyenoord. Then drew Basel in Rof16.

None of those teams have faced a decent opponent in CL yet. Somehow United still lost.

And the two sides that have played good teams, both in group and in Rof16 are out. (assuming Chelsea goes out)

Bit of a joke the competition United and Liverpool got to face through 8 CL matches.
Exactly this. :thumbs:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Very happy for Montella to get a good result in the CL

Man United were absolutely terrible and deserved nothing from the match

Only started to play when they were in a losing position

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Napoli are obviously a more than "decent" opponent for City, even if they are an inferior version of something similar. The rest obviously true.
That's indeed true aswell, tho the same we can say about Liverpool who had to face Sevilla in the group stage (QF's caliber team atm :lol:), point is that all the hype EPL teams are getting in Europe atm is unwarranted, so far none of them have proven/tested theirselfs against any of the likes of Barca/Real/Bayern or even Juve, none of Citty/UTD/L'pool have played any teams that are even at least remotely close to half of their budgets...

Nonetheless, i must add that i actually did and still do rate Citty as probably the only genuine EPL contender in Europe this season (assuming Chelsea will crash at Camp Nou tonight ofc), with an easy draw they might always go far, tho i also expect them to crash out as soon as they meet a top 3 club. :xfinger: :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)