Champions League 2017/2018 (10 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Maybe we barely had English opponents in the knockouts... I remember only Chelsea and Man Utd and in both occasions we were the underdogs...
Also correct me if Im wrong but didnt we demolish the last EPL side we faced in an official game? I remember the last one we faced were Chelsea and it ended 3-0 in our favor..
Liverpool and Arsenal in 2005 and 2006, but then again we had that menace Capello in charge.

I reckon we will win, but it won't be easy. Remember Tottenham beat Allegri the last time the two met in the CL.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Good draw. Probably would've preferred one of Liverpool, Besiktas, United or Chelsea but this is way better than getting PSG or City. Our defense as of late has started to get into form nicely and has nullified the likes of Barca, Inter and Napoli completely so I doubt Tottenham's attack is gonna be harder to deal with.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
why do you think so?
Barca played the first leg without Busquets which made their team`s midfield weak and the only guy who could help their defense was suspended...
PSG are not perfect but you cant compare their defense to last year`s Barca..

The way I see it the favorites are Bayern with Hynecks then they have Real because they are Real and I believe they will get better by February then Barca and then PSG (We are with City on the 5th as City is too much flair IMO)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Barca played the first leg without Busquets which made their team`s midfield weak and the only guy who could help their defense was suspended...
PSG are not perfect but you cant compare their defense to last year`s Barca..

The way I see it the favorites are Bayern with Hynecks then they have Real because they are Real and I believe they will get better by February then Barca and then PSG (We are with City on the 5th as City is too much flair IMO)
how can both Real and PSG be among the top3 favorites, if it's set in stone that one of them won't make it to qf? :D you must rate the other 13 teams pretty low

if you believe that a full force PSG 2016/17 might be better than that specific Barca team of 1st leg against Juventus, I might agree, but that's a strange comparison, because inevitably PSG will also have some guys missing or out of form.

my point was that Barca had everyone available in attack, was fresh from scoring 6 against PSG and couldn't put a dent in our defensive wall. after that I'm not afraid of any attacking combination if it's not supported by a great midfield like Real's, because that's where our weakness lies imo.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
@Fr3sh happy with the draw? ..and who will you support though?
No I am not. This truly disappointing, now I will see Juve struggle. It won't be easy, hopefully we'll be in form or else we'll get crushed.

Future GOAT player Dele Alli is going to score a hattrick to knock us out, right @Fr3sh
I'm afraid of that tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Liverpool and Arsenal in 2005 and 2006, but then again we had that menace Capello in charge.

I reckon we will win, but it won't be easy. Remember Tottenham beat Allegri the last time the two met in the CL.
:scared:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Maybe we barely had English opponents in the knockouts... I remember only Chelsea and Man Utd and in both occasions we were the underdogs...
Also correct me if Im wrong but didnt we demolish the last EPL side we faced in an official game? I remember the last one we faced were Chelsea and it ended 3-0 in our favor..
United, Fulham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal. We've lost against all these teams in the knockouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)