Central Defence Problem (2 Viewers)

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
m_elayyan said:
After Canavaro and thuram left and Kovac it seems will follow , i think we have a big problem , i dont think tudor and legro will do what is needed , they both suck
we must get 2 cenral defenders as part of the deals instead of the players going out
I have to be against you in this. IMO thay both have enough experience to play well in Serie b, I don't think they suck. Tudor never dissapointed me last seasons and well legro is legro. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i guess if we manage to keep even one of tudor or kovac we could take the risk and use some youngster as his partner in the centre. i mean lets look for future, tudor is not the youngest player either, and think how good it would be if we are finally back competitive in europe, we would have a young and potential defensive line who already have played together for some time. (considering that chiellini and balzaretti both stay with us)

The only thing though is that, should we risk, its serie b, but we have to win every game and a young player might make mistakes at the start, so expierenced player would be better.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
tudor and kovac would be more than adequate for serie b, its all fine and well haveing good young dfenders but we need a bit of strength and experience at the back , playing chiellini and balzaretti will be great as long as they have a good marshall in the centre to keep them right.
forget their age we need them for this season and then we can look at brigning in world class replacements, what we need right now is organisation and discipline so that our attackers can go forward and play with style without worrying if the back door is bolted

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Stephan said:
i guess if we manage to keep even one of tudor or kovac we could take the risk and use some youngster as his partner in the centre. i mean lets look for future, tudor is not the youngest player either, and think how good it would be if we are finally back competitive in europe, we would have a young and potential defensive line who already have played together for some time. (considering that chiellini and balzaretti both stay with us)

The only thing though is that, should we risk, its serie b, but we have to win every game and a young player might make mistakes at the start, so expierenced player would be better.
well said steph my point exactly, you will be repped

govindrk

Sep 28, 2004
BIRENDELLI and TUDOR has enaugh experience to guide the back line. Lagro, Piccolo, Bartulocci, Maisello and Zanchi can provide enaugh cover. Other option:

1) since Fiorentina also relegated, we can try to sign Ujfalusi or Pasqual.
2) Dechamps can use his monaco influence to bring in Givet or Squalaci in a loan deal.
3) Sol Campbell is still in free transfer.
4) Persuade Ciro Farrera and Paolo Montero out of retirement.:)

Watson

Jul 16, 2006
Not Montero! I think he belongs in retirement.

I think Gladstone (if his still with us) with Tudor or Kovac would be more than enough for Serie B. Our only threat would be Luca Toni if he stays at Fiorentina.

beto'92

Jul 20, 2006
legro and tudor will do just fine in Serie B because they both have experience in the top flight and we also have some great youngsters. The only problems with our defence would be if lazio and fiorentina keep hold of their stars.

Watson

Jul 16, 2006
I doubt Lazio will be able to keep ahold of their stars since there to much in debt. Although, I think Legro would just be an average Serie B defender, maybe a little better than the rest but not by much.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
serfaraaz said:
if lazio anf fiorentina are relegated will they go bankrupt
lazio quite possibly may go under they had to restructure their debt over along period of time and do not really have the financial backing of fiorentina, lazio may struggle more than any of us to get out of serie b and that would be disasterous for them

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
why is everyone is pessimistic abt legro? he didnt get a large chance he at juve, and when he was here the whole team had a bad season not jst him.

hes still 29, i hope he gets kovac next to him, to give him enough confidence for the years to come and for this year as well.

DD will have to think abt how is he going to use his choices. as he has biri,masielo,piccolo,legro,chiellini,balza,tudor,kovac.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ericspano said:
is there anywhere he's not crap? :p

I think if we can get Kovac to stay, we'll be set for Serie B, that's if Tudor stays aswell... Otherwise we have a lot of youngsters too, it wouldn't hurt to see them play, they've been signed to Juve for a reason!

We just have to remember that this isn't Serie A anymore, some of the "crap" players will be superstars in this league...Plus, Buffon in nets? We don't even need CBs! lol

Eric
on the bench? so he's inneffective :p

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I think one of the good things (if theres a good thing about it) about playing in Serie B is that this is the perecte moment to give our youngsters a chance, so having this on condieration, a player like Masiello playing alongside a player experience could work.

We dont need to bring some defender, if we keep Kovac, Tudor and Legrotaglie I think we will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)