Central Defence Problem (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Alfio_87 said:
Juve want a good defender they should try to get Lucas Neil of Blackburn!!
:D although he would be great , dont think he would play serie B.

and by the way Bresci is gone to palermo, so there will be another aussie playing in the CL, all the luck to him.

I have to agree with espectro though, dont know if Monsieur DD is willing to share this view or he is not willing to take any chances on the young players.

I think Masielo should be given a chance, even if its at the expense of legro.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
ReBeL said:
I think young players like Criscito and Gladstone will be given the chance to impress although I think we should be more careful using them...

Maybe even Giannichedda will be used there as he has the enough experience...

Tudor doesn't suck that much IMO..
it's not actually difficult to be better than legro.
i think everyone is better than him...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Tudor is a player I always liked and while a bit inconsistent at times, on his day he can be a world beater IMO.
However, the issue I have with Tudor is that his muscle is softer than tofu.
Muddy Serie B pitches will eat Tudor's leg for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I just cannot see a wisdom of having a million dollar man lying on the treatment table for half of the year in Serie B.
Tudor is too injury prone and is an expensive luxury we cannot afford to have in Serie B. Better use him as a bait for Lucarelli along with other surplus to ther requirement players such as Olivera, Zalayeta, and see who wins out of Masiello, Piccolo, or Legro. We can pick up a veteran Italian defender on a loan or free as an insurance policy. That adds up to 4 central defenders with Giannichedda as an emergency stop gap. I would say that is more than enough.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
With Milan now back in Cl fold, would Buffon still stay with Juventus? Anyways we are talking about serieB so i do not see what the fuss is about

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Lilianna said:
it's not actually difficult to be better than legro.
i think everyone is better than him...
That's a bid harsh, Legrottaglie did very well when he was at Chievo. He had an incredibly poor season, but Montero and Thuram (at right back) were also very bad. And don't forget that the central midfielders were Tacchinardi and Appiah that season. He just concluded that there was no way he was ever going to play with Cannavaro and Thuram at the club. I hope he and Tudor will get a second chance.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i hope we can keep most of our players fit for the serie B season....as from wat i read today is that serie B, is much more physical than serie A.So there will be some rough mathces here n there, and the likes of Tudor,alex,neddy,even Palladino who just had a 3 months injury last season and volpato as well will have some problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)