CDs vs Tape vs Vinyl vs MP3s (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Vinyls cos they're special in an odd way and many of the tracks I'd like to buy don't even come out on CD

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
CDs. It is a different thing listening to something you have actually payed for, you tend to give it more time. Mp3 is good to discover new music.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
actually its a fact that vinyl sounds better than cds.

On the stereo you have at home there is no difference. It is only on clubs you can have use for vinyl as it can have higher bass.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
actually its a fact that vinyl sounds better than cds.
Yes, but because vinyls make direct contact with the needle, they wear out much more easily than CDs

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I was raised with cassette tapes, but they don't really hold a special place in my heart. I'm too into new technology to become attached to something inferior. I loved CDs when they came out, but now MP3's are even better. I change my CD in my car only like, once a week, since u can fit so many songs onto a single CD with MP3s :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
CDs. It is a different thing listening to something you have actually payed for, you tend to give it more time. Mp3 is good to discover new music.
Agreement with this post: 100%.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Yes, but because vinyls make direct contact with the needle, they wear out much more easily than CDs

well thats like preferring a gallon of water to a cuppa coca cola when we're talkin bout taste :D

jk aside your right they do wear out but it takes a helluva lot of play to wear em out.

dubplates have around 50-60 spins before they wear out completely.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

Agreement with this post: 100%.
    so you are still here? I didn't come back cause I thought you'd left too. haha, this'll be good! send me a message sometime?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
    so you are still here? I didn't come back cause I thought you'd left too. haha, this'll be good! send me a message sometime?
    Alan! Where have you been!?

I'm so glad you're back :)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    If you record something with analogue, the sound will be much warmer, and will have a core to it that digitally recorded music doesn't have. And that is even if you take it from analogue and make it digital-it still has a better sound. I never use mp3s, because I don't have a cd burner, and the kind of music I listen to (classical) is hard to find over the internet.
    And while CD's may technically have better sound quality than tapes, I have found that at least for classical music, tapes sound much better. I am pretty sure that is beacuse tapes don't have sample rates-they play continuously, while CDs do have a sample rate-where a sound is played, then silence, then more of the sound, etc. And while you can't hear these individual silences, the overall effect is not very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)