Carvalho :) ? (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, :

Carvalho catches Juve eye Thursday 17 June, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Porto’s Ricardo Carvalho is the latest defender to be associated with a move to Italian giants Juventus.

The Bianconeri are looking to rejuvenate their ageing defence and the Portuguese international is of interest.

It was believed that Inter were in pole position to sign the Euro 2004 star but they seem unwilling to pay his £8m transfer fee.

That has opened the door for the Old Lady with some reports suggesting that contact has already been made.

Transfer guru Luciano Moggi is believed to have met Jorge Mendes, the player’s agent, to discuss the move.

Juve are ready to offer cash but also the services of Croatian international defender Igor Tudor (pictured) in exchange.

Meanwhile, negotiations are continuing with Messina regarding their attacking left-back Alessandro Parisi.

The defender has had a sensational campaign with the club and was a key figure in their promotion.

Juve are hoping that the Sicilians will hand him over in return for Uruguayan striker Marcelo Zalayeta.
source: Channel4.

Carvalho is one of the best AND most promosing defender out there at the moment, not bad.

Parisi might soon join us too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
This transfer compaign has been wicked, Moggi has said that he wont buy more players, but our backline is still rubish!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Carvalho doesn't have a long track record of excellence -- so you have to be careful not to confuse one excellent season for a determination of future results. That said, he's been one of the strongest central backs in all of Europe for the past 6 months -- and I'd love to see him in Juve stripes. Just turning 26 last month, he also has some well-needed youth on his side.

Scolari needed a slap in the face like the loss to Greece to toss cap counts out the window and go for the people in the best form this year, and the results showed in the backline against Russia (of course, going against 10 men can't hurt).

Jul 28, 2002
average player at the moment, wasnt particularily solid imo for portugal, but hey, he has potential, but cant se us getting him.

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

say this out loud " Moggi said that ..."

now tell me if you still believe it
:thumb:
If there is anything you can take from Moggi's words about transfers, its that he will be the opposite of what he says. And he never tells anyone in the meida what he is thinking. Moggi watched 'The Godfather' and took the lessons from there :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
I dont like him.....one-season star!
I definitely agree with you in this one... Besides Carvalho is very expensive, so I doubt it'll ever happen...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
average player at the moment
Huh? Gazzetta dello Sport voted him among the two best central defenders in Europe in 2004.

wasnt particularily solid imo for portugal
I can't say that I've seen him play much for Portugal's NT, but the guy only has something like four caps in total -- so that's hard to judge anything by. And the only match he's played at Euroe 2004 thus far resulted in a clean sheet. (Though if we base club performance judgements on NT play, Zidene should have been sold by Real Madrid for peanuts a couple years back.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)