Carrera: "Focused and fired up" (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Three matches, three wins and one Super Cup sitting in the trophy cabinet. Massimo Carrera’s time at the helm of Juventus has been short but extremely successful and tomorrow he’ll be making his Serie A debut in the dugout. "Yes, I think I’ll be nervous but only until kick-off. Then all the focus will be on the game. We’re up against a good team and we want to beat them. Parma have changed a bit since last time out but they’re still playing the same style of football. We’ll look at how we can hit them where it hurts in our final training session."
The new season starts at home against Parma, just like last year. A happy coincidence perhaps? "We’re not looking for any omens, we’re just focused and fired up to win, and we'll do that with the same aggressiveness that has always helped us to put in top performances."
Conte’s absence was naturally brought up: "Antonio motivates the players during the week and he also tries to incite them during the game. Even the most seasoned veterans can benefit from a few pointers and I’ll try to help them by drawing on the experience I gained as a player. Fortunately we have a group of lads here who understand the situation. What’s going on away from the field doesn’t bother us. I’m not Antonio but they know I’m there in his place and they listen to me as if I were him. He’s a brilliant coach and he’s proved that, but I’ll try to make sure his absence isn't felt."
Juve come out of the starting blocks as title favourites, but Carrera knows the only thing that really matters is producing the goods on the pitch. "Last year they said we were favourites because we weren’t in the Champions League, so now other teams should be at an advantage… We’ll be looking to repeat what we did last season."

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)