Carlos Tevez (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
This is the stupidest this to argue about. It's not like De Ceglie got it... It's fucking TEVEZ we're talking about here. I'm gonna buy the Tevez #10 away jersey as soon as they put it on sale.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not as simple as that man, it's fucking symbol not just a number. I'm not saying he shouldn't take it. He deserves to wear any number he wants tbh, but its too soon for me. I'm talking like a little bitch but man, it hurts, this is my childhood right there, ever since I watched football I've always seen that number on Ale and no one else. And now someone comes along and takes it feels very very very weird, coulda been Messi ffs and I'd still would feel weird about it, there is emotional attachement to the number and the name that was written on top of it.
I pretty much saw Ale play 18 out of his 19 years in Juve, and he pretty much defines football for me in many ways, but the sentiment and symbol was with him, and it was rough enough dealing with him leaving, but I have zero issue with someone else taking the nr after him, especially when its a world class player. Only way I dreaded the nr being seen on anothers back after him, if it was mediocre/average players having it after him, like if we signed Diamanti and he got it, something like that. But another great player getting it, who plays the same exact position as him? Yeah defenitely ah okay by me. More then ok, I'm defenitely getting this shirt for sure.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I think the big difference is that many of the players who wore the no. 10 went on to become legends and long time servants of the club. Tevez will most likely play for the three years required of him and leave. No matter how well Tevez does at Juve I don't think he'll ever be regarded as a legend.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
it wasnt del pieros. learn ur history.
Man history don't matter. Well it does, but not on an emotional front. I didn't know Baggio, nor Sivori, nor Platini so I don't care for them. But Ale is what I know, Ale is what hit right there :heart2:.

Wish I was as cold as ice as you my friend.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I pretty much saw Ale play 18 out of his 19 years in Juve, and he pretty much defines football for me in many ways, but the sentiment and symbol was with him, and it was rough enough dealing with him leaving, but I have zero issue with someone else taking the nr after him, especially when its a world class player. Only way I dreaded the nr being seen on anothers back after him, if it was mediocre/average players having it after him, like if we signed Diamanti and he got it, something like that. But another great player getting it, who plays the same exact position as him? Yeah defenitely ah okay by me. More then ok, I'm defenitely getting this shirt for sure.
the voice of reason :tup: thank you bec its a bit too weird for people to be attached to a number. and number 10 is'nt del piero's number, yes he is a legend and a massive one but there where many juve legends who graced this number and its time for another legend in the making to take that road.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
I think they gave him number 10 so he has in mind who is his predecessor and how DP behaved.Its big obligation for Tevez to continue carrying that number with dignity.
Most likely. But the question is: given his past behavior, is this the right decision? Personally I don't think so.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
the club directors should've waited till Ale retires, but then again, they should've given Ale the chance to retire here, it's not like I expected better from them, they lack class.
I've no problem with Tevez taking the number if it's available, but he should be aware of the weight of it and not complain when everybody expects the world from him starting from game one. with this decision he's basically just begging for immense pressure.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah man I understand, but I'm not arguing that Tevez shouldn't take the number, I was just laying me emotions of my chest. I wish Tevez and anyone else that wears that number the best of luck.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
People would be a bit disappointed with giving number 10 to any other player than Del Piero, because it was natural to see DP in it, so anyone else wearing it will look odd and because of the fact that players like Del Piero are born once in 100 years, with their off and on the pitch behaviour.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think the big difference is that many of the players who wore the no. 10 went on to become legends and long time servants of the club. Tevez will most likely play for the three years required of him and leave. No matter how well Tevez does at Juve I don't think he'll ever be regarded as a legend.
Thats true in a way, but both Platini and Baggio defined the nr and where only there for 5 years.

Boniperti and Ale are really only long time servants.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah man I understand, but I'm not arguing that Tevez shouldn't take the number, I was just laying me emotions of my chest. I wish Tevez and anyone else that wears that number the best of luck.
I getya akhi :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)