Carlos Tevez (163 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I do have the option to disagree here, right? In fact, I don't see your judgment of the situation at all. I am actually of the opinion that we always knew that Jovetic was on the mercato this term, after the issues last season. That possibility was always going to exist, and we were prepared to make a go at it. Knowing full well that his tag is 30m, it could be argued we'd try to get away with counterparts. And yes, if a possibility like Tevez arose, exactly like it has, we know it would be a failure to miss out.

I am in complete disagreement that Llorente would be the only signing in attack. It would in fact be interesting to see Llorente on the mercato with a 20m price tag. We'd probably know then that he wouldn't be a striker we would spend our money on, compared to who else is on the market today. My impression and reading is, that we will try and close one of Tevez and Jojo for sure, in part, because of the money saved on the Llorente transfer, maybe even both of we can sell well. Time will tell.. :tup:

His wages in Madrid were much lower than what we could afford? To the best of my knowledge we were giving him an increase of 1m plus bonuses, which would make him earn about 5m plus bonuses here.

I just don't know how people can come to the conclusion that we are willing to spend between 22-24m on a player. Where did you get that? Because we offered 22m for Higuain?? You do realize that there is a possibility that we don't rate Higuain as a 30m euro transfer? I love all your excuses when it comes to defending Beppe but the truth of the matter is that you are not any closer to the truth than anyone here, so please stop sounding like you are with such definite figures.
Absolutely. We'll never know anyway.

(Just like we'll never sign Tevez :D)

A 29 year old WC player on reduced wages, with 3-4 solid seasons left in him for only 12 million?! Come on, that is definitely a steal, regardless of what you think about his attitude and expiring contract :D

It is still a very good deal ;)
Well yeah, if you only look at the positive side, it is a steal.

If you take everything else into account (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those 3 points I mentioned are basically facts), it's definitely not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
A 29 year old WC player on reduced wages, with 3-4 solid seasons left in him for only 12 million?! Come on, that is definitely a steal, regardless of what you think about his attitude and expiring contract :D

Is he still world class

Has he 3-4 solid seasons left considering he's declining ?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

No it's not. It's pre-empting an excuse.

Incase Marrotta fails. Tevez is a mercenary and a bitch. We don't need him anyway.
Incase Marrotta succeeds: Hail the great man, he spent only 12m, off the 22m we had to spend and got us one of the top 5 best players in the world.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Incase Marrotta fails. Tevez is a mercenary and a bitch. We don't need him anyway.
Incase Marrotta succeeds: Hail the great man, he spent only 12m, off the 22m we had to spend and got us one of the top 5 best players in the world.
Can't wait to see the excuses when we sign noone :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Or you could look at it from the actual Tevez angle.

It's pretty clear if you said to any fan here that Tevez is absolutely going to buy into our team ethic, has 3 years left at his current level, and he'll be happy and settled because Italy is more like Argentina we would all take the deal for that money.

Clearly there is risk in all moves, but there isn't any possibility of us ditching our model and jumping in with the 'I wants it' attitude for any player.

I don't think the €12m is any problem at all, assuming that is a real figure.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Is he still world class

Has he 3-4 solid seasons left considering he's declining ?
He still is WC, and far superior to anyone we currently have on our squad, and that includes the inconsistent Vucinic. We don't have that many options, and beggars can't be choosers. I'd take Tevez over Higuain, and over a younger JoJo, especially at the quoted/stated price.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Or you could look at it from the actual Tevez angle.

It's pretty clear if you said to any fan here that Tevez is absolutely going to buy into our team ethic, has 3 years left at his current level, and he'll be happy and settled because Italy is more like Argentina we would all take the deal for that money.

Clearly there is risk in all moves, but there isn't any possibility of us ditching our model and jumping in with the 'I wants it' attitude for any player.

I don't think the €12m is any problem at all, assuming that is a real figure.
It would actually be interesting to see, because Cassano was available for 5m and we didn't ever sign him. And Marrotta had at the time said that hes not one who integrates into a team unit. So would be interesting to see if there would be a contradiction of sorts if we signed Tevez at this amount given that he's as bad as all of us think.

The point is pretty simple actually. If there is any truth in reports that Higuain will sign for Arsenal at 26m, then Juve should've been in the race. It seems more like we walked away from another bidding war because we didn't get our terms. Tevez's competition is Milan, and I genuinely think Marrotta's position as mercato manager would come under revision if he failed to deliver. As it should. But enough time for things to change.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Having said that I think as long as Tevez isn't homesick he's not the sort to cause trouble like Cassano.

I don't really want to guess the future at this stage, plenty of time yet, and probably the most interesting 2-3 weeks to come next.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Also, Tevez might like playing in Italy with the winter break allowing him a quick trip home in the middle of the season. Only thing is you have to make sure he comes back.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It would actually be interesting to see, because Cassano was available for 5m and we didn't ever sign him. And Marrotta had at the time said that hes not one who integrates into a team unit. So would be interesting to see if there would be a contradiction of sorts if we signed Tevez at this amount given that he's as bad as all of us think.

The point is pretty simple actually. If there is any truth in reports that Higuain will sign for Arsenal at 26m, then Juve should've been in the race. It seems more like we walked away from another bidding war because we didn't get our terms. Tevez's competition is Milan, and I genuinely think Marrotta's position as mercato manager would come under revision if he failed to deliver. As it should. But enough time for things to change.
I don't see how we could let bilan get Tevez.. not only are we losing out but we're letting maybe our biggest scudetto rival to get a WC player for dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 159)