Carlos Tevez (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2012
Im assuming ive been reading fuck that last couple days

Carlos Tevez is poised for a £10million switch to AC Milan, according to reports in Italy.-Daily Mirror

Lol i just saw this comment on Foxsoccer:

"This means Mario and Tevez will be in direct competition for the new 'Uomo Pazzo D'oro' award in Serie A."

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
You know this kinda screams 'i can only do easy deals,i cant do tough deals unless its on our terms'.
Then whats the gain if u gonna make those easy deals in unneeded departments ?
Guess that makes the Llorente deal an easy one as well? Even if, at the time, your posts pointed in the opposite direction.

In other words...Marotta needs to HURRY UP !
Extremely fair deal..Well Marotta just cant afford to play hardball this late in the mercato..Just give them the €18m now and €4m next year once the bonus clause is activated.
Not good but we have a 'great chance' infact.

Hopefully Marotta stops playing hardball and just give that €18m + bonuses(€4m) (reportedly) requested by Bilbao.
Yea basically Marotta wont go more than €16m for him..I'd be livid if we lose out on him just because of Marotta's 'hardballing' tactics..
I am not panicking now but i'll be fuming if we are ever unable to sign Llorente because of a mere 2-3m difference being the reason.
There's more where that came from. A lot more.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I repeat, and reiterate, failure to get Tevez at the transfer fee and wages being mentioned would be a huge loss. We will regret it, and it will most definitely come back to bite us in the ass, particularly if we want to improve further in Europe. Losing him to a Serie A rival in Milan would suck even more.

When an opportunity to sign a world class player presents itself, you take it, regardless of what has been said about his attitude and commitment (which is BS I feel). We are talking about fucking Tevez here, not Diamanti, Osvaldo, Pazzini, or any of those lesser lights. Oh, and Llorente is nowhere near enough. He is an upgrade, and a definite improvement, but if we only bring in Llorente, I will consider this mercato a positive failure.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Llorente was constantly in touch with Conte and our board, had special trainings and learning Italian. It will help a lot to speed that process. Every new player has to adopt the system and everything, hence the friendly matches. His wages are pretty big, we're gonna give him his chance from the first round IMO.
I don't want him to fail. I want him to succeed. But the point that most people make about him being the player that's strengthened us a great deal is a tad bit incorrect. He may get his chances but he's going to need quite a bit of time to get used to the system and Conte's ways. I'm aware that we are in touch etc, but all of that is theory. It's going to be very different once he's physically of the pitch and team dynamics kick in. To me, this transfer is not the game changing one, and even in form he's not going to be enough given our requirements in attack.

Llorente, Vucinic, Giovinco, Matri and Quag. We're filled in that apartment at this point and unless we sell some for a higher amount I don't think we'll even attempt to sign Tevez or any other striker out there. And no, selling Matri/Quag won't change much, if anything. It's only Mirko or Giovinco leaving that might push for this or whatever move. Saying not signing Tevez is a failure is simple, but looking at the fact is rather hard apparently. If Milan does indeed sell El Blabla and Boateng they're gonna have 50-60mln in their pocket. Even if they fill financial holes first they are in a clear advantage to sign him.
Llorente, Giovinco, Matri, Quag and Vucinic were also our attack when we went looking for the 25m rated Higuain. This is not our issue. It is something the board and the DS need to sort, because I'm not debating sales either. But it would be wrong to say that we won't attempt to sign a striker because as things stand we are trying to sign them as we speak.

Yes, it is actually simple to sign Tevez on the figures we are talking about because this is a category Conte has identified as required strengthening and it has been agreed with, with Marrotta, who otherwise would not be spending this much time trying to find personal agreements. We spent 11m to sign half of Giovinco last term without CL money, i camt see how and why we cant sign Tevez for 12m with CL money and scudetto successes. Higuain, it could be argued is not worth what is being asked for, the same goes for Jojo? But Tevez? The man is one of the best in the world in his position when on form, add to which he is available in a way we describe to be our profile of target and our terms. Our financial situation is a lot more comfortable than Meelan so it can't really be an excuse anymore.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What is clear is that one more player in attack is needed and an upgrade/or at worst a young talented fwd regardless of who we're keeping or selling.I mean its that obvious.
If the DS cannot recognize that then he should be looking to leave.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
So you feel completely comfortable making a priori judgements regarding a players ability? Good on you.
No. That's not what I did. I said he's a deeplying forward. You said he's also a static box striker. To which I asked you, why we'd be after Higuain if that's how we intended to use him if that was the case? Coz we are certainly not making Llorente our highest paid player to sit on the bench.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
No. That's not what I did. I said he's a deeplying forward. You said he's also a static box striker. To which I asked you, why we'd be after Higuain if that's how we intended to use him if that was the case? Coz we are certainly not making Llorente our highest paid player to sit on the bench.
That's not what you asked, you stated something and made a rolleyes smiley.

We're chasing Higuain because beggars can't be chosers, just like we're chasing after any other target within our range at the moment. If we get Higuain, Conte has a set of tactical challenges ahead of him and it certainly won't be easy. But, we will have a far greater amount of talent in the squad if we get Higuain, so we're going for him anyways - most likely because Conte said that he can make it work.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Llorente became easier to deal with after he unofficially became a freebie not to mention we had agreement with the player from the start.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Honestly, Tevez @ 12 million Euros and wages of 5.5 million for 3-4 seasons is a steal. Bendtner, Anelka, and Iaquinta are already gone, and I am quite certain one of Quag, Matri, or Vucinic is going to leave. That will leave us with Llorente, Giovinco (who for some reason unbeknownst to me is going to stay regardless), and 2 of the aforementioned trio, which is nowhere near enough. Ideally, I'd like us to sell everyone and keep Llorente and Vucinic, thus freeing up more salary space and generating some money in the process, whereby we can bring in a Tevez along with a JoJo or Higuain, however that is very unlikely to happen, due to various factors which have been discussed before.

The minimum requirement should be to bring in an SS, whether that be Tevez or JoJo.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, Tevez @ 12 million Euros and wages of 5.5 million for 3-4 seasons is a steal. Bendtner, Anelka, and Iaquinta are already gone, and I am quite certain one of Quag, Matri, or Vucinic is going to leave. That will leave us with Llorente, Giovinco (who for some reason unbeknownst to me is going to stay regardless), and 2 of the aforementioned trio, which is nowhere near enough. Ideally, I'd like us to sell everyone and keep Llorente and Vucinic, thus freeing up more salary space and generating some money in the process, whereby we can bring in a Tevez along with a JoJo or Higuain, however that is very unlikely to happen, due to various factors which have been discussed before.

The minimum requirement should be to bring in an SS, whether that be Tevez or JoJo.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
That's not what you asked, you stated something and made a rolleyes smiley.

We're chasing Higuain because beggars can't be chosers, just like we're chasing after any other target within our range at the moment. If we get Higuain, Conte has a set of tactical challenges ahead of him and it certainly won't be easy. But, we will have a far greater amount of talent in the squad if we get Higuain, so we're going for him anyways - most likely because Conte said that he can make it work.
I stated that's why we have a hard on for Higuain - implying that he is the box striker/finisher that you were describing Llorente to be. Keep in mind that you are talking about a player rated at 30m. Beggars cant be choosers, and yet we identify a player at that price along with others because he is within our range? Make up your mind.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Honestly, Tevez @ 12 million Euros and wages of 5.5 million for 3-4 seasons is a steal.
yep. but not much we can do if tevez choses milan over us for whatever reasons (i don´t belive this is true btw.)...
having said that: i still think we will sign him. all sources i consider somewhat credible said we agreed a deal with tevez, have a good relationship with city and milan can´t buy until they sell.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
yep. but not much we can do if tevez choses milan over us for whatever reasons...
having said that: i still believe we will sign him. all sources i consider somewhat credible said we agreed a deal with tevez, have a good relationship with city and milan can´t buy until they sell.
So Tevez chooses Milan for less money. Higuain chooses Arsenal for more money. Poor Beppe, can't catch a break.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
There's absolutely no reason to think the "we" (as in the club) has a hard on for Higuain. Unless you're confusing the club with the fans. Come on, just admit that this makes a lot of sense :D :

Yeah. I was actually convinced he'd be the only signing in attack (not taking into account potential youngsters), except if the possibility to sign Jovetic arose. Can't shake the feeling that that was the plan from day 1.
And it's something that I still believe to be true today. Imo, the Tevez & Higuain deals caught our eye just because there was a slight possibility of them being absolute bargains. When or if that turns out not to be the case, we walk away.

That's the complete opposite of a steal.

You're talking about a player who desperately wants out of his contract with City & everyone knows it. And not for the first time, obviously.
You're talking about a player who, every few months, gets homesick & threatens to leave for Argentina.
You're talking about a player who has very few suitors left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)