Carlos Tevez (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I know.

People actually wanted us to sign one striker. When we signed Llorente after only a couple of weeks they totally forgot about it and asked/ask for a world class SS.

I said long time ago I'm not gonna be surprised if he's our only signing for attack. Mirko - Llorente to be our partnership.
Yeah. I was actually convinced he'd be the only signing in attack (not taking into account potential youngsters), except if the possibility to sign Jovetic arose. Can't shake the feeling that that was the plan from day 1.
And it's something that I still believe to be true today. Imo, the Tevez & Higuain deals caught our eye just because there was a slight possibility of them being absolute bargains. When or if that turns out not to be the case, we walk away.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Not even that much for youngsters.

I don't expect anything better than what you said. Llorente, Ogbonna and one more player. If not Zuniga then someone at his level or so.

Damn, even Southampton are targeting a better transfer campaign. I thought back to back Scudetti and CL money could maybe mean a quality striker for once.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Damn, even Southampton are targeting a better transfer campaign. I thought back to back Scudetti and CL money could maybe mean a quality striker for once.
That's the thing. We won Serie A and reached 1/4 of CL with this squad. Llorente and Ogbonna would improve our squad at this point and make this transfer market successful in their eyes.

Yeah. I was actually convinced he'd be the only signing in attack (not taking into account potential youngsters), except if the possibility to sign Jovetic arose. Can't shake the feeling that that was the plan from day 1.
And it's something that I still believe to be true today. Imo, the Tevez & Higuain deals caught our eye just because there was a slight possibility of them being absolute bargains. When or if that turns out not to be the case, we walk away.
Yeah I know what you mean. Deep inside me I wanted a SS here, so I was excited. But many times I mentioned it's close to impossible for Juve to sign two strikers. I hope we sign Jovetic (as he's the most realistic choice), but I don't have my hopes high. Only if we sell Vucinic we could see that deal happen, which is not very likely IMO.

Jan 5, 2011
Saying you don't expect us to sign another quality striker besides Lorente does not mean we are not capable of doing this. If no one among the 3 big name we are being linked to don't come at the end of this summer, this should be a failure and unacceptable.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I read somewhere that top level Juve people (agnelli) is getting increasingly frustrated with Marotta's inability to land a top striker. Rumors he could be fired if he doesn't succeed and replaced by Nedved.

Not sure I believe that though

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
That's the thing. We won Serie A and reached 1/4 of CL with this squad. Llorente and Ogbonna would improve our squad at this point and make this transfer market successful in their eyes.

Yeah I know what you mean. Deep inside me I wanted a SS here, so I was excited. But many times I mentioned it's close to impossible for Juve to sign two strikers. I hope we sign Jovetic (as he's the most realistic choice), but I don't have my hopes high. Only if we sell Vucinic we could see that deal happen, which is not very likely IMO.
They would improve the squad but I'd rather improve the starting eleven.

In some way we should be lucky that Serie A sucks donkeyballs, milan teams and Roma are rebuilding and Napoli without Cavani won't be the same. We could probably only sign Llorente and still win the league.

Last year we bought: Caceres, Peluso, Isla, Asamoah, Padoin to improve the squad and its depth. I really think it would be hard to get our status back in Europe without improving our starting 11.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Saying you don't expect us to sign another quality striker besides Lorente does not mean we are not capable of doing this. If no one among the 3 big name we are being linked to don't come at the end of this summer, this should be a failure and unacceptable.
Oh, I never said we're not capable. It's only my opinion and based on what I think Juve does on the market for the past 5-6 years.

They would improve the squad but I'd rather improve the starting eleven.

In some way we should be lucky that Serie A sucks donkeyballs, milan teams and Roma are rebuilding and Napoli without Cavani won't be the same. We could probably only sign Llorente and still win the league.

Last year we bought: Caceres, Peluso, Isla, Asamoah, Padoin to improve the squad and its depth. I really think it would be hard to get our status back in Europe without improving our starting 11.
Llorente was bought to improve starting XI. You can only expect him to be our starter and nothing else IMO.

Hell, even during the season we've seen majority of the forum say 'we just need a striker' 'we can't finish' etc. Everyone was very happy about our midfield and even said it's one of the strongest in Europe. Same goes for defense. It was just that striker that we lacked. Well, now we have that striker. Like it or not, a lot of faith has been placed on Llorente to be that guy who will find the net. Depends how we move certain players, if we sell Isla we'll get some RWB. We might sign someone for the left side, but that guy won't replace Asamoah for sure so don't expect a huge name on that position IMO.

I highly doubt we'd sign a striker and have both Mirko and Giovinco on the bench. I don't think they would accept such and then again, I don't think we're in a position to sell either of them. If we do, then we could expect a new signing.

Jul 20, 2012
Manchester City duo Aleksandar Kolarov and Carlos Tevez are targets for Serie A champions Juventus. According to the Daily Mail, Kolarov is the perfect fit for a side that claimed domestic honours but failed on the European stage. Tevez on the other hand has been a long term target for the Turin giants who will need to front a £9 million transfer fee to secure the Argentine's services.

I know this is really nothing however if Tevez doesnt go through and Arsenal do get Higuain then Marotta should just leave

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
A lot is said about Llorente being brought in, but I just don't see him be the game changing forward. He's coming off an incredibly poor season with lack of game time and physical shape. Add to that he's going to be playing in a new league, new system and is going to need time to adapt to the game in italy. We may have gotten him free, but we paid a price for that too, ironically.

The onjective to sign a game changer, remains. Given that the striking department anyway needs an overhaul, Llorente's acquisition has allowed us to capitalize on opportunities in this mercato, but it by no stretch has solved our striker dilemmas because he's not a finisher like Higuain or Gomez for example. He, if anything starts much deeper, and his role would overlap more with Vucinic than with Matri for example. We didn't really put too much thought into this move, and I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him first and foremost because he was free. Im backing him to adapt well, but we definitely need a more instrumental player in attack, there's no two ways about it. Tevez is that player. And there can be no excuse if we don't sign him on the transfer figures that are popping up.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You know nothing about Llorente, seriously. In the Bielsa system he played a deeper role because of their counter attacking style, they needed a target man. Before that he was being deployed as a static box striker, and did it quite well, too.

Jul 20, 2012
A lot is said about Llorente being brought in, but I just don't see him be the game changing forward. He's coming off an incredibly poor season with lack of game time and physical shape. Add to that he's going to be playing in a new league, new system and is going to need time to adapt to the game in italy. We may have gotten him free, but we paid a price for that too, ironically.

The onjective to sign a game changer, remains. Given that the striking department anyway needs an overhaul, Llorente's acquisition has allowed us to capitalize on opportunities in this mercato, but it by no stretch has solved our striker dilemmas because he's not a finisher like Higuain or Gomez for example. He, if anything starts much deeper, and his role would overlap more with Vucinic than with Matri for example. We didn't really put too much thought into this move, and I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him first and foremost because he was free. Im backing him to adapt well, but we definitely need a more instrumental player in attack, there's no two ways about it. Tevez is that player. And there can be no excuse if we don't sign him on the transfer figures that are popping up.
I believe Llorente will return to fitness due to Conte's training but I agree with the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

You know nothing about Llorente, seriously. In the Bielsa system he played a deeper role because of their counter attacking style, they needed a target man. Before that he was being deployed as a static box striker, and did it quite well, too.
Who says we wont play with him as a target man or a deep lying striker. In Juve's system, Conte uses the strikers to make room for vidal and marchisio to make darting runs forward. With Llorente being a targetman he will be perfect to allow the midfield to push forward

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Im guessing that's why we had such a hard on for Higuain. :rolleyes:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Llorente was constantly in touch with Conte and our board, had special trainings and learning Italian. It will help a lot to speed that process. Every new player has to adopt the system and everything, hence the friendly matches. His wages are pretty big, we're gonna give him his chance from the first round IMO.

Llorente, Vucinic, Giovinco, Matri and Quag. We're filled in that apartment at this point and unless we sell some for a higher amount I don't think we'll even attempt to sign Tevez or any other striker out there. And no, selling Matri/Quag won't change much, if anything. It's only Mirko or Giovinco leaving that might push for this or whatever move. Saying not signing Tevez is a failure is simple, but looking at the fact is rather hard apparently. If Milan does indeed sell El Blabla and Boateng they're gonna have 50-60mln in their pocket. Even if they fill financial holes first they are in a clear advantage to sign him.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Llorente, Vucinic, Giovinco, Matri and Quag. We're filled in that apartment at this point and unless we sell some for a higher amount I don't think we'll even attempt to sign Tevez or any other striker out there. And no, selling Matri/Quag won't change much, if anything. It's only Mirko or Giovinco leaving that might push for this or whatever move. Saying not signing Tevez is a failure is simple, but looking at the fact is rather hard apparently. If Milan does indeed sell El Blabla and Boateng they're gonna have 50-60mln in their pocket. Even if they fill financial holes first they are in a clear advantage to sign him.
Respect for still trying to convince everyone, I gave up.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Well if Ogbonna is hampering the budget for a forward then fuck him.
You know this kinda screams 'i can only do easy deals,i cant do tough deals unless its on our terms'.
Then whats the gain if u gonna make those easy deals in unneeded departments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)