Carlos Tevez (163 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
There are rumors that we are close in agreement with the player, i am surprised to see that, becuase he is generally regarded as a mercenary ready to make his last big grab of cash.
And we know that we cannot reach EPL standards, officially at least, as we pay too many taxes to the FIGC that hates.

This would mean two things:
-that he was accepted a lesser salary (could be for glory, or terrible form)
-we have officially backed down for the Higuain interest.

As we couldnt support another transfer of that caliber and not with Llorente and Tevez already among our ranks.

Tevez would a last moment solution, if we were ro fail our primary targets, that would mean that we already did!

Anyway, even without consistency, you would be of great help for us in the derbies and CL.
I believe Tevez is a better target, considering he is a great finisher and can be decisive at any time, even if he might be around for a few years less than Higuain who I don't think is anywhere near as good of a fit as Tevez.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I believe Tevez is a better target, considering he is a great finisher and can be decisive at any time, even if he might be around for a few years less than Higuain who I don't think is anywhere near as good of a fit as Tevez.
Tevez is 29, he has been in many teams, he has experience but not the same thirst for glory anymore.
Esp in the past two years he was not particularly effective. And made the tabloids a few times for his infidelity.
Higuain is 25 and in a better form, still has a lot to proove and a thirst fro glory, we would be, what Man City was, (after Man Un), for Tevez.

Objectively Higuain is a much more desirable target, mostly because of his form and age. Thats why he is more expensive and harder to get.
I believe that both would fit us. I never really considered Tevez because once someone gets Man City wages, he would hardly look back, i am really surprized that he did!

Jul 20, 2012
Tevez is 29, he has been in many teams, he has experience but not the same thirst for glory anymore.
Esp in the past two years he was not particularly effective. And made the tabloids a few times for his infidelity.
Higuain is 25 and in a better form, still has a lot to proove and a thirst fro glory, we would what Man City was, after Man Un, for Tevez.

Objectively Higuain is a much more desirable target, mostly because of his form and age. Thats why he is more expensive and harder to get.
I believe that both would fit us. I never really considered Tevez because once someone gets Man City wages, he would hardly look back, i am really surprized that he did!
Yea I still dont believe that he accepted those wages until I see the done deal but if it is true I also dont believe it

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Higuain is 25 and in a better form, still has a lot to proove and a thirst fro glory, we would what Man City was, after Man Un, for Tevez.

I think he might want to play for the NT, since he hasn't been picked by the current coach yet, and I'm sure he'd love to play in the WC. So maybe that might drive him to have a good season. Man City hasn't really shown much in CL plus there is a lot of competition there with Aguero, Dzeko etc so obviously here in a better team as an undisputed starter he could make a much better case for the NT.

And despite the issues with Mancini, he's still been WC when he plays and his season was still very good.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Holy shit, I actually agree with a Cronios post!!

But yeah, not that I wouldn't be happy with Tevez here (he's awesome) just prefer Higuain for a few different reasons - namely his age, goal scoring record and the chance to become our true Trezeguet replacement.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Depends how much he wants out of City.

Not that I buy any of this Sky crap, anyway.
It seems like he has almost no relationship left with the club. What is almost a given, despite his troubled past with them, that they will be buying a big new striker this summer, and he knows hes going to be fighting for his place again. Not a good situation to be in, given the lack of a relationship with the club per se.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Secondo quanto riporta Sky è praticamente fatta per Tevez alla Juve: si chiude tra oggi e domani. Il Milan si è defilato vista l'impossibilità di versare il cash al Manchester City, i bianconeri pagheranno 12 milioni di euro, per il 29enne attaccante argentino pronto un triennale da circa 5 milioni a stagione.

:donedeal:
last news on SKY they mention it's still back and forth between Juve and meelan.

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
Posted this in the Higuain forum but going to post it here as well:

I still just can't understand why so many Juventini don't see the negatives in the Tevez deal, he is on the decline at 29 what has he actually done at City the last 2 seasons!?, a mercenary, has the potential to refuse to play for the club but people just look down on City and think that as he was at an inferior club he won't do that here, he refused to play for Corinthians in the past and had the nerve to transfer from Manchester United directly to Manchester City which is pretty scummy. not to mention numerous affairs in his personal life.

I think people want to overlook all of these details because we have been stuck with an average (for our standard) strikeforce for the past few seasons, and I think that people don't generally believe that we can't do better than Tevez, but WE CAN DO BETTER THAN TEVEZ and we don't need the baggage that he brings. And yes I am fully aware that realistically Juventus will only be able to sign a big club's reserve striker.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Posted this in the Higuain forum but going to post it here as well:

I still just can't understand why so many Juventini don't see the negatives in the Tevez deal, he is on the decline at 29 what has he actually done at City the last 2 seasons!?, a mercenary, has the potential to refuse to play for the club but people just look down on City and think that as he was at an inferior club he won't do that here, he refused to play for Corinthians in the past and had the nerve to transfer from Manchester United directly to Manchester City which is pretty scummy. not to mention numerous affairs in his personal life.

I think people want to overlook all of these details because we have been stuck with an average (for our standard) strikeforce for the past few seasons, and I think that people don't generally believe that we can't do better than Tevez, but WE CAN DO BETTER THAN TEVEZ and we don't need the baggage that he brings. And yes I am fully aware that realistically Juventus will only be able to sign a big club's reserve striker.
People don't really care about any of that stuff right now. As long as a big name arrives, it's all good.

If similar situations arise while he's at Juve, that's when the bitching will start. And those who were the most vocal about us "needing" to sign Tevez, will most likely be the most vocal about his crappy attitude then. It's all fairly predictable.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
People don't really care about any of that stuff right now. As long as a big name arrives, it's all good.

If similar situations arise while he's at Juve, that's when the bitching will start. And those who were the most vocal about us "needing" to sign Tevez, will most likely be the most vocal about his crappy attitude then. It's all fairly predictable.
That's what I fear, he is not proffesional. Period. He will be our very own adriano.

Still, we got no money to buy annything good, so we will have to see how we fix this guy to get most of our money.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Who would you want us to sign?
Depends on the financial side of things.

As for the names that are being mentioned all the time:
I'd really, really like to see Jovetic with us, but only for a reasonable price.
Not sure what to think of Higuain. Since I barely ever see him play, I can't really comment much. But again, I go back to the financial aspect. For a reasonable amount, why not.
I'm not opposed to Tevez per se, but the only way I'd sign him is if he was available for peanuts, as in virtually no transfer fee & low starting contract, leaving room for performance based fees.

Essentially, within the right circumstances, I'd be ok with either of them. But, right now, I'd rather get no one at all than spend a shitload on a single player.

Edit: I expect the next question to be about which numbers I have in mind, so here goes:
Jovetic: around 20m ; wages at around 1,8 - 2,5
Higuain: similar to Jovetic ; wages slightly higher
Tevez: around 5-8 ; starting wages at around 1,5 :)D), with room to reach 5,5 - 6 based on performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 161)