Carlos Tevez (165 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm beginning to think that meeting wasn't for Tevez primarily.

I'm sure his name was tossed around and stuff, but I think Joorabchian offered Galliani, Julio Cesar and Cebler.

I find it hard to believe that Galliani would sign someone like Tevez, who has gigantic wages for a league like Serie A, especially after he sold Ibra and Thiago Silva last summer because they weren't financially affordable anymore.
One should never be surprised at Milan being willing to give a 'champion' forward a big wage, whether they need him or not and whether it appears to be in line with their current policy or not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Sell everyone. Fire Conte and Marrotta. Expand stadium to 120K (fund it by forcing that traitor Agnelli into convincing Elkann to sell off Fiat). Buy Ronaldo, Messi and Aguero. Done. Deal.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And how do you suggest to find out whether or not you can afford a certain player?

People were pissed in the past because we could not afford or would not spend the money on Aguëro for example, and there are many more examples. Why exactly is it so wrong to inquire?
Is it because people get their hopes up regardless of what's really happening (which we don't know anyway)?
Aguero and RvP being the two prime examples. It's one thing to inquire, and completely another to have spent the summer chasing that player. RvP's case in particular. An inquiry gives you the required information of the kind of costs involved. But what we do post that inquiry is chase a personal agreement with the player and then hope to get a bargain in the transfer fee. That will almost never happen. Bendtner was never part of the plan at the start of the mercato last season, but it came to that because we had ended up chasing a player we couldn't afford. People have every right to be pissed when you go from RvP to Bendtner in a matter of two months.

Because the end result is the same thing: Aguëro is not a Juve player. Whether or not we inquired for him at one time doesn't really change anything.
It doesn't, simply because you and I are not the ones asking for him, it's the name Marrotta is sharing with the press, as a player we are interested in. When you make your interest public, you had better realize that the variables in the deal extend from a personal agreement to a transfer fee, something we tend to shy away from dealing with once there is a personal agreement. Also, when you talk about wanting an Aguero, Higuain, RvP, you had better be aware that there will a) Always be competition for those players. B) they are already earning a certain level of salary, which we'll have to come close to matching. This is information that is a prerequisite before even considering talking to a player of that level. Being aware of these factors, if you're going to spend your summer pursuing them on your terms, then be ready to end up empty handed. Since we don't have the money according to some. When the reality of the situation is, we wouldn't identify such targets if we didn't have the money to begin with. That's my opinion anyway.

Now, take Tevez for example. Let's assume that we really are interested & are willing to go to 4,5m a season for him. Can we not negotiate & see if he would be ok with that. If so, you can talk & if not you walk away. Where exactly is the harm in that?

And before someone mentions that we always lose our targets like this: Llorente. He may have gone out of fashion these past few months, but look back at his transfer thread. Same stuff was said in there: we need him, so just pay what they want ; Marotta will mess it up ; we can't close this on our terms ; etc.
Youre talking about a player on 8m a season. If you intend to offer him a little more than half of that salary when you know that he will generate interest elsewhere, then dont come out and say that he's a player we can reach an agreement with. The minute you say that, you better be willing to bet your bottom dollar that in the case of an auction, you're not going to walk away because your terms are not met. Its one thing to agree those terms with the player, but you have to be aware that his club has certain needs too. You can't think that those don't need to be addressed in a cut throat European market. And how is Llorente a player we got on our terms? Because we got him free? I'm sorry, but he was a player that we needed last season, but we got him after a season on the sidelines when his contract expired. It's a bit inaccurate to say that we got him entirely on our terms because we lost time and he has lost form in the process. Not to mention, he's here as the highest earner on the team.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
we've all read this book before, this is playing out exactly as expected, very predictable.
We chase, we chase, then we play down the rumors of the chase, then we can't afford and finally we stop our peruit.

-Tevez is out of the question, his wages are too high now... so why persue him? you knew his wages
-Higuaim, Real will wait and sell him to an oil club as soon as they start throwing money at them, Juve was just leverage to get the ball rolling.
-JoJo? Fiore will play hard ball with Juve, they're not happy with them, they will move him to England if they could, if not he'll be back with them, unless he says I want Juve no matter what, thats our only chance there.

Get ready for our new target rumors soon, Osvaldo, Diamante will resurface and maybe even a sprinkle of Gilardino if he does descent in Brazil.

Bottomline, if Juve want to be considered a TOP team, a contender for the CL year in and year out then they have to spend, they have to find a way to do it. The excuses were plenty before, then they said oh the stadium will bring in revenue to buy big, we're going into yaer 3 at the new stadium and still no sponsor, that to me is a travesty in and on its self. If we keep settling for lesser talent our CL drought will continue, (we're approacing 20 years without raising that cup) and we will have to stay satisfied with winning Serie A as our realistic ceiling.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'll ask again, since you seem to have avoided my question.

What if we absolutely can not afford more than 4,5m, regardless of which player. What would be the preferred route to take? Act big now for a few seasons & ultimately "destroy" yourself down the line? Or operate according to your financial possibilities?
If we can't afford to pay more than 4.5m in salary, then we can't be chasing the likes of Tevez and Higuain (what is he on at Madrid? 5m?). These guys want to play at the highest levels, and while Juve provides that, other teams do as well, in stronger leagues and most importantly, with higher salaries. There is nothing that would make you want to join the project/club if you're chasing the bigwigs with salary offering that's less than what they're earning. Would you join a company that pays you less than your current salary for the same position? In Tevez's case, almost half? You cannot realistically be considering that quality of player IF this is your wage cap. You might as well be more realistic with your targets and to the fans if that's the case. It's really that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

we've all read this book before, this is playing out exactly as expected, very predictable.
We chase, we chase, then we play down the rumors of the chase, then we can't afford and finally we stop our peruit.

-Tevez is out of the question, his wages are too high now... so why persue him? you knew his wages
-Higuaim, Real will wait and sell him to an oil club as soon as they start throwing money at them, Juve was just leverage to get the ball rolling.
-JoJo? Fiore will play hard ball with Juve, they're not happy with them, they will move him to England if they could, if not he'll be back with them, unless he says I want Juve no matter what, thats our only chance there.

Get ready for our new target rumors soon, Osvaldo, Diamante will resurface and maybe even a sprinkle of Gilardino if he does descent in Brazil.

Bottomline, if Juve want to be considered a TOP team, a contender for the CL year in and year out then they have to spend, they have to find a way to do it. The excuses were plenty before, then they said oh the stadium will bring in revenue to buy big, we're going into yaer 3 at the new stadium and still no sponsor, that to me is a travesty in and on its self. If we keep settling for lesser talent our CL drought will continue, (we're approacing 20 years without raising that cup) and we will have to stay satisfied with winning Serie A as our realistic ceiling.
Yea, and that apart this talk of not having money and playing the poor little team needs to stop. If the club has identified these targets, then it is their duty to chase the deal keeping every variable in mind, and not walking away (within reason) if their terms are not met.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No, but apparently Juve are upset with his agents for setting up an auction with Milan and we wont get into a bidding war etc. Though I think it's bs. I think we are whiling our time on this deal till we get clarity on Higuain's status quo with Madrid and their new coach.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
If we can't afford to pay more than 4.5m in salary, then we can't be chasing the likes of Tevez and Higuain (what is he on at Madrid? 5m?). These guys want to play at the highest levels, and while Juve provides that, other teams do as well, in stronger leagues and most importantly, with higher salaries. There is nothing that would make you want to join the project/club if you're chasing the bigwigs with salary offering that's less than what they're earning. Would you join a company that pays you less than your current salary for the same position? In Tevez's case, almost half? You cannot realistically be considering that quality of player IF this is your wage cap. You might as well be more realistic with your targets and to the fans if that's the case. It's really that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

yup, exactly, thats why I said, expect new targets to emerge soon, Osvaldo, Gilardino and Diamante, if not those, something along those lines but Osvaldo sounds very much a "Juve move" to me.

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
No, but apparently Juve are upset with his agents for setting up an auction with Milan and we wont get into a bidding war etc. Though I think it's bs. I think we are whiling our time on this deal till we get clarity on Higuain's status quo with Madrid and their new coach.
Yeah I know, I was just being sarcastic after the drama last night. I see nothing in the meeting between the agent and Galliani.

Most of the papers today are suggesting that there is another meeting planned with RM for Higuain with a new improved offer. I really hope Marotta does not fuck up the deal.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
but why shouldn't his agent try to get a bidding war going? its in the best interest of himself and his client. This is the game, Juve need to understand they are not the gold standard around Europe that ppl will bow down to them. Serie A isn't what it used to be, not even close, the days that Serie A and Juve get top players is over, you need to overpay or be stuck in mediocary. Milan may not even sign him, Tevez has a relationship with Milan, this may just be to drive JUve's price up. Eventually he'll end up in Monaco when Juve back out because I doubt Milan would sign him for those wages either.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, it's completely silly if Juve are upset with his agent for doing his job, neither Tevez or his agent owe Juve a living. If its true, then is summer, we are going to realize that we will have no option but to actually open our pockets to close a deal.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
What kind of signal does this send out to other clubs?

Juve are in advanced talks with a player but never mind just talk to the players agent and they'll shit their pants and pull out of the deal as their scared of starting a bidding war!

Grow a pair Marotta seriously!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Juve will have to accept that theres no way we will be able to sign someone without getting some deficits.

All of ths drama with all the strikers is because they want to break even ASAP in our economy.

If we fail to break even in the proposed timeline..what could happen? It will affect the UEFA fai play thing?
@Zacheryah

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
What kind of signal does this send out to other clubs?

Juve are in advanced talks with a player but never mind just talk to the players agent and they'll shit their pants and pull out of the deal as their scared of starting a bidding war!
probably nobody outside this forum even cares ^^

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juve will have to accept that theres no way we will be able to sign someone without getting some deficits.

All of ths drama with all the strikers is because they want to break even ASAP in our economy.

If we fail to break even in the proposed timeline..what could happen? It will affect the UEFA fai play thing?
@Zacheryah
Putting all kind of nice "break even" idea's to your shareholders, who saved you from bankruptcy by a capital injection, and then go like

"oh lol, lets just do something else"

Is a great way, to have no one ever invest in you again.

People also dont realise, the continessa project, wich is FANTASTIC for the future, but keeps our budgeds tighter for now.

Also, you might want to ask a bank, if your dept is nearly as big as your turnover, wether they want to give a loan

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Putting all kind of nice "break even" idea's to your shareholders, who saved you from bankruptcy by a capital injection, and then go like

"oh lol, lets just do something else"

Is a great way, to have no one ever invest in you again.

People also dont realise, the continessa project, wich is FANTASTIC for the future, but keeps our budgeds tighter for now.

Also, you might want to ask a bank, if your dept is nearly as big as your turnover, wether they want to give a loan

This is all true but at the same time, spending more for top players is an investment which should yeild a solid gain with the performance on the field. If you get 2 top players and you end up winning 2 CLs and 4 more scudetti in the next 5 years wouldn't that turn in a nice solid gain, increase the value of your team on all fronts from sponsorship, ticket sales, net revenue from winning trophies, shirt sales and of course exposure? They wouldn't be spending this money into the wind, it would be an investment to set up a solid foundation for future big signings as well.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats what i think... they should not totally overespend... but 5 mills extras in th reds are worth if it means more scudettos and positive CL runs like the one we had, or even better ones.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 162)