Carlos Tevez (87 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This 4.5 million salary ceiling is absolute fuckery. If we continue along this path, I see all our star performers leaving at some point.
And what if, not saying it's necessarily the case, we absolutely can not afford more? Act big now for a few seasons & ultimately "destroy" yourself down the line? Sounds like great fun.

And people wonder why the economy is in shambles. No need to look at what you can afford. Just spend, spend, spend!!!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And what if, not saying it's necessarily the case, we absolutely can not afford more? Act big now for a few seasons & ultimately "destroy" yourself down the line? Sounds like great fun.

And people wonder why the economy is in shambles. No need to look at what you can afford. Just spend, spend, spend!!!
Sure, but if you can't afford it, don't go after guys like Higuain and Tevez. Don't chase them and lose out becaus you expect to close on your terms. It's not going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

@baggio your dadjokes are stellar :lol2:
Specially designed, keeping the target audience in mind. The likes of AlexJuventino. :D

Just out of curiosity how old are you?
Old enough to make dad-jokes, son. :)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Sure, but if you can't afford it, don't go after guys like Higuain and Tevez. Don't chase them and lose out becaus you expect to close on your terms. It's not going to happen.
And how do you suggest to find out whether or not you can afford a certain player?

People were pissed in the past because we could not afford or would not spend the money on Aguëro for example, and there are many more examples. Why exactly is it so wrong to inquire?
Is it because people get their hopes up regardless of what's really happening (which we don't know anyway)?

Because the end result is the same thing: Aguëro is not a Juve player. Whether or not we inquired for him at one time doesn't really change anything.

Now, take Tevez for example. Let's assume that we really are interested & are willing to go to 4,5m a season for him. Can we not negotiate & see if he would be ok with that. If so, you can talk & if not you walk away. Where exactly is the harm in that?

And before someone mentions that we always lose our targets like this: Llorente. He may have gone out of fashion these past few months, but look back at his transfer thread. Same stuff was said in there: we need him, so just pay what they want ; Marotta will mess it up ; we can't close this on our terms ; etc.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
4.5 million Euros annually amounts to around 87,000 Euros a week, hardly a huge salary by today's football standards. I'm not saying we should go apeshit and offer 10-12 million Euros like the douchebag clubs; however, we should be able to offer 6-6.5 million Euros to certain players.

I am sure if any of you was playing for Juve for 4.5 million, and someone came in and offered you triple, or even double that salary, you'd decide to leave sooner or later.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
4.5 million Euros annually amounts to around 87,000 Euros a week, hardly a huge salary by today's football standards. I'm not saying we should go apeshit and offer 10-12 million Euros like the douchebag clubs; however, we should be able to offer 6-6.5 million Euros to certain players.

I am sure if any of you was playing for Juve for 4.5 million, and someone came in and offered you triple, or even double that salary, you'd decide to leave sooner or later.
I'll ask again, since you seem to have avoided my question.

What if we absolutely can not afford more than 4,5m, regardless of which player. What would be the preferred route to take? Act big now for a few seasons & ultimately "destroy" yourself down the line? Or operate according to your financial possibilities?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Find ways to be able to offer more than that 4.5 million, or eventually you are just going to fall by the wayside and become another Ajax; a once mighty and great club that is now confined to the history books on the European stage.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
You're truly great at avoiding questions you don't want to answer. If there is indeed a wage cap (something that has not been confirmed, mind you), don't you think it's there for a reason? I'd say the people in charge have a better idea about what is or isn't possible than posters on a forum.

Though I should have said risk destroying yourself, rather than just destroy yourself.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You're truly great at avoiding questions you don't want to answer. If there is indeed a wage cap (something that has not been confirmed, mind you), don't you think it's there for a reason? I'd say the people in charge have a better idea about what is or isn't possible than posters on a forum.

Though I should have said risk destroying yourself, rather than just destroy yourself.
I inadvertently answered your question. I am not speaking for the current season only, or the coming 2-3 years, but long term. If 4.5 remains our ceiling for the next 10 years, we are going to have a hard time competing in Europe. Serie A is a mere shadow of what it used to be, so I don't use it as the real benchmark. How well we perform in Europe is a more representative and truthful assessment of our true abilities.

I would like to think that for all the "sacrifices" we are making now, we should be able to become more competitive in 3-5 years.

Regarding the wage cap, I don't know what it is, and doubt anyone else does :D I am all in favor of introducing a salary cap for all teams, and a ceiling on transfer fees, but I highly doubt that is ever going to happen.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Uhm 4.5 mil is actually quite a big deal, since thats before taxes. We can afford what we can afford. Considering our turnover, its very reasonable what we are doing.

Seriously B81, come back to reality.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If you had said after taxes, that would have lent your argument more weight ;)

Please Zach, learn to read man. I said sooner or later. Our turnover should steadily increase year by year, and we should be in a much better position as we continue to repay our debt. However, if in 5 years, we are still offering 4.5 million as the ceiling, then players will go elsewhere. Pure and simple.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I inadvertently answered your question. I am not speaking for the current season only, or the coming 2-3 years, but long term. If 4.5 remains our ceiling for the next 10 years, we are going to have a hard time competing in Europe. Serie A is a mere shadow of what it used to be, so I don't use it as the real benchmark. How well we perform in Europe is a more representative and truthful assessment of our true abilities.

I would like to think that for all the "sacrifices" we are making now, we should be able to become more competitive in 3-5 years.

Regarding the wage cap, I don't know what it is, and doubt anyone else does :D I am all in favor of introducing a salary cap for all teams, and a ceiling on transfer fees, but I highly doubt that is ever going to happen.

Please Zach, learn to read man. I said sooner or later. Our turnover should steadily increase year by year, and we should be in a much better position as we continue to repay our debt. However, if in 5 years, we are still offering 4.5 million as the ceiling, then players will go elsewhere. Pure and simple.
But why are you talking about 3 or 5 years in the future, when you're complaining NOW. Don't you see how silly that is?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Why don't we worry about that in 5 years? As it unplausible as it is.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can't help but think far ahead :D

I guess I should worry about it when the time comes. No need worrying about factors beyond our control anyway; we might be even dead by then, or the planet might cease to be :p

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
we can offer more than 4,5M a season... but offering a player like Tevez something like 7M a season would be stupid...

just offer Higuain something like 4M... we can allways give him a raise if he scores 30 goals a season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)