Carlos Tevez (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
True, but as our aim is to improve every season and bridge the gap between the top teams, I cannot hardly see us not signing no other player after Llorente like others suggest.
Yeah, I know.

As things stand, I'll be quite surprised if Juve don't get either of Jovetic and Higuain.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
True, but as our aim is to improve every season and bridge the gap between the top teams, I cannot hardly see us not signing no other player after Llorente like others suggest.
Boriello, Icardi or Gilardino.

Defenders from Italian teams

Some midfielder probably Poli

The usual Marotta

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
I don't think we will get any world class player this summer.
Strange Marotta always does a Barzagli/Pirlo/Vidal/Pogba :cry: , He will find one this summer to, im sure of it. Maby it's just me, but Marotta has done a great job with Paratici and others ofcourse. Now let's get a top striker and everybody is happy :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'd like to reserve judgement until the mercato is finished. I just wish you lot could wait until it opens, at least.
Why do we keep thinking the mercato hasn't opened? We are already in the midst of negotiations with players, pretty much every player that's playing the game currently, if you go by press reports. Point being, we are free to buy players now. The registration begins 1st July, but negotiations are ongoing so the mercato is effectively open IMO.

Juve certainly shouldn't show any willingness to go into a bidding war at this stage.

Wait and see if Milan are genuinely interested in Tevez or if they are just trying to mess with Juve and push the price up for them.
I don't think Milan would waste previous mercato time on intercepting a Juve target if they aren't genuinely interested themselves. It may not have been an idea initially. But maybe seeing the figures bandied about between Juve and Tevez, it must've given them a fair idea of the deal being a distinct possibility for them too with guys like Robinho filling in the money required from a sale.

Higuain or Jovetic are more worthwhile investments than tevez in my opinion.
Obviously i am looking long term.
Tevez would offer at least 3 WC years if he were to come here. And I'm pretty sure we'd have a fair shot at winning the CL in one of those years. A CL win in itself creates a whole new long term planning process with the money and appeal it brings. Someone like Jojo in that regard wouldn't be as wise an investment. So there are pros and cons to both sets of transfers. Tevez will bring a whole lot of positives too, especially with the money that's rumored to be involved. Which is not much to be honest, for a player of that calibre.

I trust Marotta who's met with his agent, over most reports and yes, Milan pay silly wages.
Don't think they can afford 10m a year.

I doubt they would be bothering to even speak to Italian clubs if Tevez was requesting a basic wage of more than 6m.

And relaistically I think they'd struggle to get any Italian side to pay more than 5m.
Juve could probably hit that mark. Though I think the way they'll tackle high wages is by inserting a bonus clause. You make us successful we pay you for it. 5-6m plus bonuses is one way of addressing the wage cap of a WC player who wants closer to 7-8m.

So where will all our budget be spent?
Diamanti, Giovinco's younger brother, Pazzini and maybe if we're lucky Puyol will come as the top player.

Boriello, Icardi or Gilardino.

Defenders from Italian teams

Some midfielder probably Poli

The usual Marotta
The great man. :delpiero:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Marota is a nice guy, and has some skills to manage accounts for sure. Even a good eye for cheap options.... but maybe sport director is not his thing. If he fails on every front this mercato...Juventus should consider to let him stay as CEO, but try to find a new sporting director.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
saying he wud give 3 good years is subjective and we're talking about a player who has gone downhill by each passing season.
He's a great player but he'd hardly be our 'saviour' like some him make out to be.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Marota is a nice guy, and has some skills to manage accounts for sure. Even a good eye for cheap options.... but maybe sport director is not his thing. If he fails on every front this mercato...Juventus should consider to let him stay as CEO, but try to find a new sporting director.
You just went into hyperdrive retard mode.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
saying he wud give 3 good years is subjective and we're talking about a player who has gone downhill by each passing season.
He's a great player but he'd hardly be our 'saviour' like some him make out to be.
Are you kidding? The guy is a manbeast. He can single handedly carry the frontline unlike Higuain and Jojo. His workrate would only be matched by Cavani who in all likelihood won't even be in the serie a this upcoming season. If Tevez remains injury free, he will get not just a more focused environment at Juve than he did at City, but he will also get the level of continuity that will bring him back to his best. And when he is at his best, only Messi, Ronaldo and Zlatan are arguably better.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
this kind of sounds what we were hearing about Pirlo when Milan gifted him to us. But at least he was a freebe.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding? The guy is a manbeast. He can single handedly carry the frontline unlike Higuain and Jojo. His workrate would only be matched by Cavani who in all likelihood won't even be in the serie a this upcoming season. If Tevez remains injury free, he will get not just a more focused environment at Juve than he did at City, but he will also get the level of continuity that will bring him back to his best. And when he is at his best, only Messi, Ronaldo and Zlatan are arguably better.
there is lots of truth to this. I agree with you! Thats why for me, he shoud be our #1 target and should lock him up asap because if he goes to Milan it could be a disaster. Tevez is a team changer, he can will a team to victory, he has the skill set, ball handling, scoring ability to make a huge "salto di qualita" on the CL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)