Carlos Tevez (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That's not true Dooz. We had 30m for Jojo last summer. It's just that we spent the entire summer chasing RvP's personal terms and then refusing to scoff up what Arsenal wanted for him. It still amazes me that we didn't have 30m for RvP but we did for JoJo.
You simply don't know that. You're reading quoteless articles to come to that conclusion.

van Persie looked like a dream. Man, we've seen same stories about Aguero. Did you really think we'd get him? Of course not.

We didn't have 30mln for Jovetic, nor we have 30mln for him now. We're not spending big on players, it's not our policy. After Melo and Diego who were paid 25mln each we never bought anyone for a high amount. It was only Mirko who's price was 17mln.

Seeing how 'we have 30mln ready for Aguero/Jovetic' is only media BS. We're trying to include Marrone to lower the price, or Matri/Quag, because it's the only way we could make the deal happen.

Last years it was Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo and others who we signed. None of the transfer had a big transfer fee. You can mention Isla/Asamoah but we didn't even pay the full amount and it's still unknown if we'll buy Isla. There is absolutely NOTHING suggesting we had 30 million ready to buy Jovetic last summer, or Aguero summer before, or even van Persie. It's crystal clear. We can only hope we do have enough money to cash in this summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
We need wingers like Navas, who can own their line , cut in, assist, cross, dribble.... A Winger who mean terror for enemy lines and force defenses to cover or double up that side of the field because he is just too much of an issue.
i haven´t watched a lot of sevilla games this season and i´m not a big fan of rating a player based on his stats but 0 goals and 6 assists in 37 league games (almost always 90min) sounds kinda abysmal for a player you just described... what happened there?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You should see him play more often then. The dude is scary. He has very good technique and plays as true winger...always attached to the throw in line. He can play in tight spaces and do quick one twos and dribbles if necessary. Is a pain in the ass because he is always always making runs on the line...forcing defenses to stretch up.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
- Sell Marchisio to Monaco for 35m
- Let Pogba develop into one of the best in the world in Marchisio's place and move Asamoah back to the middle for width.
- Sign a quality wingback like Coentrao for half of the Monaco money.
I agree with you that we have to sell Marchisio because our budget is limited. We can't have all. It's give and take. But I don't think Coentrao is CL material.
And yes, we're at the point where we should only sign players that really make a difference. Otherwise, we rather not spend and save up money for the following season.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
You should see him play more often then. The dude is scary. He has very good technique and plays as true winger...always attached to the throw in line. He can play in tight spaces and do quick one twos and dribbles if necessary. Is a pain in the ass because he is always always making runs on the line...forcing defenses to stretch up.
well i know the player. i´m just wondering what´s wrong with his end product ^^

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You simply don't know that. You're reading quoteless articles to come to that conclusion.

van Persie looked like a dream. Man, we've seen same stories about Aguero. Did you really think we'd get him? Of course not.

We didn't have 30mln for Jovetic, nor we have 30mln for him now. We're not spending big on players, it's not our policy. After Melo and Diego who were paid 25mln each we never bought anyone for a high amount. It was only Mirko who's price was 17mln.

Seeing how 'we have 30mln ready for Aguero/Jovetic' is only media BS. We're trying to include Marrone to lower the price, or Matri/Quag, because it's the only way we could make the deal happen.

Last years it was Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo and others who we signed. None of the transfer had a big transfer fee. You can mention Isla/Asamoah but we didn't even pay the full amount and it's still unknown if we'll buy Isla. There is absolutely NOTHING suggesting we had 30 million ready to buy Jovetic last summer, or Aguero summer before, or even van Persie. It's crystal clear. We can only hope we do have enough money to cash in this summer.
This is almost common knowledge now, about our bid last year. The situation between last year and this year is very different with regards Jojo. We went in really late, like 72-48 hour window, that left Fiorentina no room to find a replacement, even though the money was pretty much their terms. It was something we did after failing on the RvP deal. I don't know if you believe GDM but he has gone on record to speak about this deal and offering.

I have a very strong opinion with regards to us having an agreement with RvP. We had the player agree to terms IMO, however refused to pay out his asking price by arsenal. Marrotta even came out and said it was something he regretted. Not paying 30m for a player on the last year of his contract. The money was there, it was just that we didn't think it appropriate to pay that for a player in the last year of his contract.

The reason we are using counterparts in the Jojo deal this season has a knock on effect from last season. A) His price linked to performance has dropped from last year. B) We and Fiorentina have a lot more time to find the right valuation for this deal, and that includes counterparts Fiorentina can actually use. Because the 30m isn't really going to get them value on the pitch, coz they can't really reinvest that sum on one superstar player simply because they won't be able to pay those wages.

It's a bit of a fallacy to suggest that because none of our transfers had a big fee, we don't have the money for it. What we are doing instead is buying cheaper players for a substantial investment. The story is no different this year. We have the money, but this time use it on 2-3 players who will create the desired effect in the team as per the coach's needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)