Carlos Tevez (91 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2012
Tevez is a top talent, he is exactly what we need up top paired with a guy like LLorente or Higuaim. It would be a perfect fit infront of our midfield. If we could get him and Higuaim together then WOW, I think we go right into the level of the Barcas, Reals, and Bayerns.
Please, Barça has a bench full of false 9's, AM's and wingers. Anything happens to Puyol, Pique or Masch and they have no defence to speak of.
Bayern on the other hand... :tuttosport:

People wanted a 34 year old Drogba and a 32 year old Ibra.

But a 29 year old Tevez is considered too old :derp:
:tup:

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
The highest form of intelligence also ;)

You clearly don't even know why he didn't come off the bench. Just blame the player 100% and not the amazing Manchester City or the great coach Mancini :tup:

I don't think he is miles better than Vucinic????????

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: please don't embarrass yourself anymore, that is enough.
Right... because it's perfectly acceptable and professional to refuse to play for your team in any circumstance. :sergio:

Like to see how you would react if he did that for Juventus, if he's gonna do it once he can do it again. If you told your boss at work you didn't feel like working you would be out the door like that, regardless what you think of Man City and Mancini that is disgusting behaviour by Tevez.

And I'm not embarrassing myself because I'd be happy to debate with you or anyone why I think that Tevez isn't a massive upgrade on Vucinic, and given that the majority of posters here are from the USA, Australia, Eastern Europe, Middle East etc. I'd be willing to bet that I've probably seen more live matches and on a regular basis then most people here and given my background in sports journalism I think I'm pretty qualified to make that point.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Right... because it's perfectly acceptable and professional to refuse to play for your team in any circumstance. :sergio:

Like to see how you would react if he did that for Juventus, if he's gonna do it once he can do it again. If you told your boss at work you didn't feel like working you would be out the door like that, regardless what you think of Man City and Mancini that is disgusting behaviour by Tevez.

And I'm not embarrassing myself because I'd be happy to debate with you or anyone why I think that Tevez isn't a massive upgrade on Vucinic, and given that the majority of posters here are from the USA, Australia, Eastern Europe, Middle East etc. I'd be willing to bet that I've probably seen more live matches and on a regular basis then most people here and given my background in sports journalism I think I'm pretty qualified to make that point.
:lol:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Have you gone throuh the welcoming procedure here? Go chew on Osmans dick. Cradle the balls, stroke the shaft and swallow the gravy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's a big difference, though.

We'd get Drogba for free and him losing value wasn't an issue. With Tevez though it's different, we'd spend like 15mln plus a lot on wages and I don't think we could count on his sale later on.
You don't buy a 29 year old player for his sell on value. You purchase him for what he can do for you on the field. Sign him to a 3 year deal and wish good luck when you release him at the age of 32.

- - - Updated - - -

You right about footie for a paper? That's awesome son. Gotta be one of the best jobs out there. :tup:

Jul 20, 2012
After Sky Bet slashed the odds on Carlos Tevez joining Juventus this summer, La Gazzetta dello Sport reports the Italian champions are continuing talks with Manchester City regarding the striker. Juventus are also in negotiations with Real Madrid about Gonzalo Higuain, and will only sign one of the Argentina internationals.

Dude31

Jun 7, 2013
Or, instead go after a 25 year old who is taller, arguably faster and equally as good as a scorer... sign him for 5 years and make him the backbone of your offense throughout his prime... i.e. Higuain.

Don't get me wrong, Tevez/Higuain/Jovetic are all great players that will each help this team move forward. I wouldn't complain having any or all of them. But if financially we can only invest in one this year, I think we should steer towards Higuain.

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
Don't see what the big problem is with me having a negative view on Tevez, yes he is a good striker but I go back to the point which I think a lot of people are missing, which is that we currently have a good group of players who are good characters on and off the field, players that have pride in wearing the shirt.

Now considering we've had in our past players like Vialli, Baggio, Del Piero who all knew what it meant to play for Juventus and how much of an honour that was, I imagine that Tevez wouldn't share these views and would be playing for his pay check first, team second and frankly I don't want those types of players at my club.

Tevez has in my opinion seen his best years and at 29 whilst he would be an upgrade on the attack there are better options out there namely Higuain, who would also be I think a hungrier player who would be eager to show Real Madrid what they have missed out being a regular at a top club elsewhere.

I am realistic about who we can attract as I've told people that the best we will end up with is a big club's reserve or squad player, but we can do better than Tevez and I understand people want him given how obvious it is we need better strikers, but I think that people need to step back and take a look at the man not just the player and see that he's not the type of person that belongs here.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
You sound like Oprah, dude. As long as he does what he does best at Juve, namely giving it 110% whenever he's playing, I couldn't care less on why he does it..being it money, love for the club, etc. Some of you need to lay off the personality issues, this isn't Mr Popularity, it's all about football and Tevez has the quality that's needed to play at Juventus. End of story.

I know this is asked a lot during transfer season ,but i'm gonna go ahead & ask it?......IS THE SOURCE RELIABLE?
I seriously doubt it. Tuttosport reporting some Paddy Power rumors, can't get any worse than this.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
I imagine that Tevez wouldn't share these views and would be playing for his pay check first, team second...
Im not saying that I agree or disagree with you, but if Tevez eventually chooses to play for Juventus and Man City accept our offer, there`s no doubt that he`s gonna take a massive pay-cut as we cannot afford that kind of wages, so obviously he wont be coming here for the money. Now if he goes to Monaco or PSG, then... yes, money first, team second..

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Would be such a great signing. Bet he'd tear shit up in Serie-A for at least 5 seasons, and have at least 3 great seasons in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)