Carlos Tevez (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
He is proven! I mean i want a player who is proven and YOUNG! :)

Pace?? You dont mean pace matters in mordern football?

If we buy Tevez, we are buying the name not the man! Because Tevez i nowhere near the level he had 3 years ago!

And YES! Tevez is SLOW as fuck!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, any sign of this story being carried by someone other than Mediaset?

And I'm not interested in the zillions of places that will just be copy and pasting what Mediaset said.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
1) stop the rediculous nonsense over. "lets sign two players" and "i'm only satisfied with two extra quality strikers"

we are doing a shitload of efford to be able to land just one. If you want another, go support a 400+mil turnover team.
Juventus isnt the team for yiu.

2) stop believing in the garbage that sportmediaset is reporting.
Its obviously fake.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Tevez is closer to Juventus than Higuain. The deal will be worth 15M. Tevez will earn a 3-yr contract with 7M in wages per season.
- Mediaset Premium

Tevez: 15M fee, 7M wage x 3 = 36M
Higuain: 25M fee, 4.5M wage x 4 = 43M
Jovetic 22M fee, 4M wage x 5 = 42M

Tevez is the cheapest option.
Interesting calculation.

I'd say:

Tevez: 15m + 7m wage (x 3 years + taxes) = ~55m
Higuain: 25m + 5m wage (x 3 years + taxes) = ~55m (add ~9.5m on for each additional year)
Jovetic: 25m + 4.5m wage (x 3 years + taxes) = ~52m (add ~8.5m on for each additional year)

And then you have the small matter of it being possible for Juve to sell Higuain and Jovetic for large sums of money, which would not be possible with Tevez due to his age.

Not that I am necessarily advocating the signing of Higuain or Jovetic over Tevez.

I just wouldn't say the economic argument for Tevez over the other two is a particularly good one.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
When on form Tevez will carry a team on his own. I'm not so sure Higuain or Jovetic could pull that off. But who am I kidding, I'll be over the moon if we manage to sign either one of these guys.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Interesting calculation.

I'd say:

Tevez: 15m + 7m wage (x 3 years + taxes) = ~55m
Higuain: 25m + 5m wage (x 3 years + taxes) = ~55m (add ~9.5m on for each additional year)
Jovetic: 25m + 4.5m wage (x 3 years + taxes) = ~52m (add ~8.5m on for each additional year)

And then you have the small matter of it being possible for Juve to sell Higuain and Jovetic for large sums of money, which would not be possible with Tevez due to his age.

Not that I am necessarily advocating the signing of Higuain or Jovetic over Tevez.

I just wouldn't say the economic argument for Tevez over the other two is a particularly good one.
The thing is, we wouldn't sign Higuain or Jovetic on a 3 year deal. No way. Tevez is more likely due to his age.

1 year extra on the contract could cost Juventus ~10M dollars.

But I never accounted for resale value so thats a good point.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So this week it is Tevez who "agreed the terms with Juventus".
sportmedia set's latest turd. Sadly people believe sportmediaset.

According to them, we signed jovetic on12mil+50%marrone+quag last week.
when a day later news came out we are after Higuain instead, they totally changed his works and reversed what he said to cover their silly arses.

DONT.BELIEVE.SPORTMEDIASET

When on form Tevez will carry a team on his own. I'm not so sure Higuain or Jovetic could pull that off. But who am I kidding, I'll be over the moon if we manage to sign either one of these guys.
People that are mad about 'inconsistent vucinic' need to make up their minds.

Tevez ? Robben ? they had a handfull of good games each year. In fact, vucinic has more "good games" then they have. Tevez is declining for 2 years now, the number of great performances drop.

He is not gonna carry us at all.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The thing is, we wouldn't sign Higuain or Jovetic on a 3 year deal. No way. Tevez is more likely due to his age.
I know, but it's unfair to say they cost more when they are playing for longer.

Also, whoever Juve replace Tevez with, after that hypothetical three years, wouldn't be playing for free.

You really need to look at them all over the same period to make any sort of reasonable comparison.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I know, but it's unfair to say they cost more when they are playing for longer.

Also, whoever Juve replace Tevez with, after that hypothetical three years, wouldn't be playing for free.

You really need to look at them all over the same period to make any sort of reasonable comparison.
Very true. :) :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)