Carlos Tevez (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The effort he puts in matches is enough to negate the fact he doesn't always seem to be in shape. I don't think Conte would have a problem with him as long as he delivers. SAF clearly didn't have a problem with him.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
yes, even if he'd be off to Argentina in three-four years time, he's still a magnificent player who'd take Serie A by storm, I'd say he's worth the 7-8m per season we'd have to pay to him. he also suits our plans a lot better than Jovetič and/or Higuain. just don't give him too long a contract, could turn into financial disaster. :p

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I dont see us paying that much for him(7-8m) heck i dont believe we'll go above 5m wage mark for another 2 seasons atleast.
Very unlikely transfer imo.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This seems like a move we'd make. Tevez is a great striker now and for a couple years but we have a chance to get him at a discount. He's a stop gap type player that would satisfy Conte's requirements and also not require a huge financial commitment upfront which is what we like since we are undergoing the Continassa construction and are funding that with mostly cash.

Tevez can hopefully keep up this level for 2 or 3 years and then depart. Meanwhile, we'd have increased annual revenue by a large amount by then, hopefully, and would have more cash available yearly to fund a truly top striker or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)