Carlos Tevez (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I made a similar point yesterday.
20% of our wage budget (20m out of 100m) goes to 4 players we don't use at all - Toni, Amauri, Iaquinta, Grosso. 20% goes to these 4 players that we don't even need to replace.Since all of their contracts (except Iaq's) expire in 6 months, one can make a pretty strong claim that we're gonna be offering some sick wages next mercato.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
20% of our wage budget (20m out of 100m) goes to 4 players we don't use at all - Toni, Amauri, Iaquinta, Grosso. 20% goes to these 4 players that we don't even need to replace.Since all of their contracts (except Iaq's) expire in 6 months, one can make a pretty strong claim that we're gonna be offering some sick wages next mercato.
Oh, I forgot about Toni and Grosso too, two good contracts to dump. At least Toni has a big contract.

I think we're probably going to make on or two big signings next summer.

May 22, 2007
I think Quags will leave.
After Del Piero, Toni, Iaquinta and Amauri leave there's only Matri left? Mirko won't be the striker.

I have faith that he'll put in the performances to maintain his place in the team, when we'll hopefully have 3 competitions to fight for next season (including CL).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Big wages that its easiest to offer to the out of contract players this coming summer, then the typical big transfer fee+salary combination.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
you did that when you signed Toni, Amauri, Iaquinta, Grosso, as well :klin:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
you did that when you signed Toni, Amauri, Iaquinta, Grosso, as well :klin:
Three of them are Secco's. Toni was an emergency last winter and signed on a year and a half contract.

Looking at Marotta's signings, those are all relatively low earners. Pirlo is on 3.5m, Vidal on 3m while all the others are earning 2m or less.
What Marotta successfully did was to lower the wage budget. Sign good players on lower wages and get rid of those who earn a lot and bring nothing back in return. He was obviously working on achieving what he'll achieve in the summer i.e free up lots of space in the wage budget.
It's another question if Juve will again be paying those 100m eur a year for wages. If yes, then lots of money will be available.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Big wages that its easiest to offer to the out of contract players this coming summer, then the typical big transfer fee+salary combination.
Yes, but in theory we could spend 20m eur total (transfer fee+wages) and bring 2 top players.

Lets say we sign Tevez 1 and Tevez 2. Both players cost 25m eur and want 6m eur for wages. That's 50m eur + 20.6m for year's wages (tax included). Total = 70.6m eur.
We're bringing 2 attacking players for 70.6m eur.

We need space for those two attacking players now:
Iaquinta, Amauri, Grosso, Toni and DP (if contract won't be signed) will leave for 0 eur but free up 21.5m eur wages.
Quag and Krasic are sold for 20m eur total. Their wages are 6.55m eur total, tax included.
21.5m+20m+6.55m = 48m eur.

70.6-48 = cca 22.5m eur.

So we get rid of players we don't even use on the bench anymore (Amauri, Toni, Iaq, Grosso, Krasic) and two bench players (DP, Quag) and replace them with two top strikers (in our case called Tevez 1 and Tevez 2) with all of that costing us only some 22m eur (transfer fee+wages).

Looks nice in theory and it's hard to be done in reality. It was just an example to show how with little money we can make the team too much stronger by adding class players to replace players who hardly get to play or don't get to play at all.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Tevez has problems at Corinthians,in fact he went on strike
Tevez had problems at West Ham when he refused to train for Alan Curbishley
Tevez had problems at Manure when he said SAF "lied to him"
Tevez had problems at Citeh and is refusing to return to England

what makes anybody think he will react positively to Conte demanding he works for the team,telling him he isn't the "star" and that he will NOT get special treatment

oh and thread title edited

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

what makes anybody think he will react positively to Conte demanding he works for the team,telling him he isn't the "star" and that he will NOT get special treatment

As Hustini once said: "This."

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Agreed, who gives a damn how good he is? He won't have any impact for us when he gets to the point where he flat out refuses to play.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

excellent facts to kill the fanboys with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)