Carlos Tevez (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Stats are useful but do not provide anywhere near as accurate a picture of a player as actually watching him play and understanding the game, awareness of the players around him, the coaching and managaement staff, etc etc etctetctctct..

Tevez may well be a more clinical goalscorer, but his passing is nowhere near as often beautiful and pinpoint as Wayne can regularly produce, and has done since coming onto the scene as a teenager. I am not suggesting that Tevez cannot pass, for he can pass brilliantly, but his passes are often much more direct and short, whereas the range of rooney's passing is often world class. I put more stock in what I have seen, than in stats, and I have seen a lot of both these players since tevez arrived in England at West Ham. Rooney didn't exactly disappear for 8 months. he had a poor world cup, paqrtly due to injury, partly due to a wretched showing by the squad as a whole. and then...revelations about his private life caused a lethargy of sorts, followed by more injuries, then the possibility of leaving...it wasn't until later in last season when he got his head right and got back on track from a footballing perspective.
for me, rooney is by far the more decent lad. he has made a mistake or two in his time, but only the whore routine seems appalling. his behaviour on the pitch has reminded me often of Cantona, another volatile genius...Rooney simply loves to play football, and for me, is a more entertaining, a better player, than tevez. This view becomes very solid when I take into account the behaviour of Tevez not just recently, but over the course of his career. I can understand people hating rooney for his indiscretions regarding his wife, but other than that episode, i have seen not one incident of arrogance, selfishness and childishness of any similar magnitude to what tevez does often.

Rooney refusing to play a game??? any game at all??? even a kick around in the park...impossible.

Rooney showing consistent lack of respect for his employers??? The nearest we have seen of this was when he questioned United's ambitions matching his own...he had a point, but was perhaps misguided somewhat by his agents/advisors. Whatever the reason, other than the fact that he had a point, ferguson didn't take the comments awfully, they spoke, and the situation was sorted out. better contract for rooney and promise of stronger investment in players. Tevez has shown no respect for his employers on several occasions. he seems to leave every club he plays for in a bad way. has the loyalty and honesty of a cobra. He is the most valuable and talented pure football mercenary the game has ever seen.

So..to me...Rooney has more ability on the ball, is not as great a goalscorer, shows more consistent grit, and without any doubt whatsoever, shows more respect to those around him than tevez ever has done, at least in england.

he is a world class talent, but also an ignorant, easily led cunt with very little regard for contracts and people who employ him.

'Better' is not something anyone can say and expect everyone else to agree and accept their opinion, when it is just an opinion. I personally rate rooney slightly higher as a footballer and much more decent as a man.
a good post and fully agreed, even tho there was that "rooney to city" rumor for a while
probably tabloids mostly

i also cant stand rooney
but he really is damn good

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We have Pepe; he is hard-working, makes runs into the box, has good off the ball movement, and most importantly he has butterfly tattoos and doesn't disturb the harmony within the dressing room. He's a joker, a sweetheart, and such an angelic character. What in the world would we need Tevez for?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If, in the event, Tevez would get out of control we have super heros like Buffon, Pirlo and of course God to put the nigga in his place. Just fucking make a move for this guy already.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
YES TO TEVEZ!!!! He would be a great addition to my PES2012 Juve team so I could dominate those Barca and Real users. I need a fast guy like him upfront, Matri and Vucinic are a bit slow :claire:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
It seems he has agreed personal terms with Milan 3.5 mln E /y .
It seems that may be the amount Milan will have to pay - in loan fees and part of his half-a-season salary - to loan Tevez with option to buy set at 18-20, roughly how much they paid for Binho.
The main obstacle so far was getting City to agree for an unforced loan but it seems that may have worked out in Milan's favor.

Milan could also end up getting Drogba for CL games, since Tevez is not eligible, if Chelsea are willing to let him go for free and he agrees to lower his salary substantially and sign a half-season +1 contract. Of course, that would be conditional on Drogba not playing in Chelsea's last two games in the CL.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why am I not suprised its fucking Milan, loan Robinho for nothing, get Cassano for nothing, and now Tevez (Ibra deal was ideal too). All 3 quality players most Juve fans would prolly deem "too crazy/unsuitable characters" to sign.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
You've already got Pato, Robinho and Ibrahimovic. What you need Tevez too for?
Cassano's situation is yet to be determined with absolute certainty, while Pato gas had injury issues the last couple of years. Tevez would arrive on loan, if at all, and only if he sets Milan on fire would be bought ... and he is one of the few, quality players available players out there who can give Milan the type of forward they lost with Cassano.
In a word, if Tevez is available on loan and could be bought for a decent amount, if he settles in well at milan, then why not?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
at this point, the supposed Tevez agreement is at the stage of rumours circling around the corridors at Milanello ... time will tell, as always
Good to see you aren't so certain anymore as with the Fabregas deal :p
But I hope he isn't joining Milan, they have enough quality upfront already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)