Carlos Tevez (137 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Possibly, although I don't envision Marotta pulling a $#@! move on Tevez and stating that he needs to take a 50% pay cut to stay with the club.
i meant in terms of one leaving at top of his game and the other coming in and going on to become a club legend. imagine Dybala exploding next season and keeping that form for the next 10-15 years.

:tuttosport:

also, i doubt Tevez will leave, that should be mentioned also

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
we risk becoming like athletico and dortmund.

they went to final cl, and lost their best players next season, and had meh seasons because the replacmenets were not good.

i hope we keep him and other important players
We're Juventus. We are far above the likes of Dortmund and Atletico. We have been top of Europe for decades. A small intermezzo isn't going to suddenly reduce us to a fluke.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
How can people say they would lose respect for Tevez if he leaves but be completely OK with Ibra if he comes back?
I won't lose respect for Tevez if he leaves. I love Carlos but if he wants to leave then be it, it only means he is not motivated with us anymore. He gave his anyway each and every match.

At the same time, I don't think there is anything wrong with Ibra coming back.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How can people say they would lose respect for Tevez if he leaves but be completely OK with Ibra if he comes back?
Why would ibra come back? He's the last thing we need. Don't get me wrong, I thin, he has a few quality years left in him, but his profile is so wrong for us..

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It's doomsday up in here. :D

A few weeks ago, the player said he was going to see out his contract. Until I hear otherwise, that's what I expect to happen -- I'm not going to ride the media's mercato rumour rollercoaster. Season just ended in dramatic fashion, but no rest for the player; busy time, big tournament right around the corner, if he needs some time to think about his Juve future (which could even include a 1 year extension?), so be it.

If he wants to go, we'll replace him. It would be really unfortunate, but such is life -- one door closes, another opens. Fino alla fine.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We're Juventus. We are far above the likes of Dortmund and Atletico. We have been top of Europe for decades. A small intermezzo isn't going to suddenly reduce us to a fluke.
that's not my worry.

you lose tevez, ur best player and a very important individual. then maybe u also losing pirlo. an icon and legend.

then u see the replacments are not big names. so if u are vidal or pogba or morata, u might be thinking about jumping ship.

it's not hard to see

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
that's not my worry.

you lose tevez, ur best player and a very important individual. then maybe u also losing pirlo. an icon and legend.

then u see the replacments are not big names. so if u are vidal or pogba or morata, u might be thinking about jumping ship.

it's not hard to see
You typing this from under your bed, puddy-tat?

:p

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:D

I think we just have to trust what this club is. There's still a bit of an inferiority complex around here, given where we've been in the recent past, but Juventus is in it's ascendancy again. This is a very attractive club to players again, with a very stable administration, stable finances, and a plan for the future.

Pirlo sounds as though he's staying (I really think he wants Euros, and sees the potential in this team), Vidal said he is honoring his contract, and Paul will be here at least until summer 2016 -- which is when Carlitos' contract expires anyway. Also, if we did sell one of those guys you mentioned, there's going to be a lot of money for some pretty good talents. I like where we're at. Carlitos, Pogba, and Morata may all leave in 2016, but I still think we'll have those guys this season.

There will be future market opportunities, for sure, and I think we're going to enjoy the incoming players quite a bit, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)