Carlos Tevez (142 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yes. That's why he works for Juventus. One of the biggest clubs in the world. And because you're so smart, you write on this forum.
Well, that's arguable, he's no Moggi and doesn't fit as much as Luciano but he's okay in my book.

Management has done well one must admit, apart from Del Piero's ugly scenario (Conte is responsible too alongside Agnelli) I can't criticize them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well, that's arguable, he's no Moggi and doesn't fit as much as Luciano but he's okay in my book.

Management has done well one must admit, apart from Del Piero's ugly scenario (Conte is responsible too alongside Agnelli) I can't criticize them.
You just don't work in that kind of position if you're an utter retard. Like Cronios is claiming.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You just don't work in that kind of position if you're an utter retard. Like Cronios is claiming.
Marotta certainly is not a retard but Secco is an example of a terrible director and there has been plenty others at the highest level. Football isnt run by the smartest people.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Marotta certainly is not a retard but Secco is an example of a terrible director and there has been plenty others at the highest level. Football isnt run by the smartest people.
I'd say (you're right) most managements are very poor, especially compared to other types of business (non-sports). Putting the business logic into managements makes a lot sense today and I understand why it has increased in the latest decade. Still, a lot of the executive managers are former football players that might not always be the brightest or lack the perspective of e.g. how to manage organizations. Other times it may be run by people perhaps stemming from a business perspective but running the clubs with short-term oriented views to cash in - or - letting their feelings run the business (cough, Moratti, cough). I am not saying this is always the case, there are also several clubs having or had good management fusing both perspectives. Of course there cases lacking both like calcio, fifa, uefa etcetera but that's just for us to have something to laugh about.

Mar 30, 2006
I wonder if Juve can take legal action against the president of Boca for tapping up our player. It seems like everyday he is trying to get Tevez to rescind his contract.
Real small time loser.. can't pay for a transfer or respect a contract.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Boca Juniors President Daniel Angelici says 'the door is open’ for Carlos Tevez if he leaves Juventus this summer.

It has been rumoured in recent weeks that the Argentinian forward would ask to rescind his contract a year early in order to go back to his boyhood club.

While the Bianconeri are unlikely to want to lose their star man, Angelici says Boca would welcome him with open arms.

“I already spoke to Carlos about coming back last year,” Ole and La Nacion report Angelici as saying.

“But there’s also another factor. He’s tied to Juventus until 2016. If the contract is resolved, then he knows the door is open for him.

“I hope there can be a negotiation between the player and Juventus, who obviously hold his economic rights.”
This is Barca style tapping up.Sadly i can see this as a genuine possibility.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Basically the journalists over there are sticking a mic under his nose every day saying "Tevez, Tevez, hur dur Tevez", so he doesn't really have much choice. What he said already is that they would try to get him in the summer but if that fails it will be next summer, which is the status quo and nothing has changed, he'll most probably stay here until the end of his contract.

Personally speaking I think he's at too high a level to go back to Boca this summer. Not rubbishing the competition over there but he's a key CL player, potential capocannoniere, and he's still going to be a fine player in 2016.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
If this guy leaves us we're screwed. More than that, we're done.

In order to replace him we'd have to sell Pogba, and I don't like this whole Cavani idea, the guy has flopped hard at PSG, as I've stated before I simply don't get the hype for Cavani that some people seem to have, not even when he was at Napoli tbh.

If we sell Pogba (for let's say 100M) and then expend 45M in Cavani, what are we gonna do? Play Morata-Cavani upfront? Who's gonna create the goals? Lets say we get Oscar for another 40M, and then what? We'd still have a massive hole in the midfield that not even Asamoah could fill if we were yet to sign a LB.

I'd rather just keep him one year, bring Dybala, and close the Mercato tbh. I wouldn't mind the other positions in which we may lack quality/depth as long as we keep Tevez and Pogba.

- - - Updated - - -

And another thing, if we actually sell Pogba and try to 'build' a team with his money, I don't know if the 4312 would be the way to go, maybe for a year, or two, but we're still not going in the direction the rest of the big guys are by not getting any damn wingers.

Mar 30, 2006
If this guy leaves us we're screwed. More than that, we're done.

In order to replace him we'd have to sell Pogba, and I don't like this whole Cavani idea, the guy has flopped hard at PSG, as I've stated before I simply don't get the hype for Cavani that some people seem to have, not even when he was at Napoli tbh.

If we sell Pogba (for let's say 100M) and then expend 45M in Cavani, what are we gonna do? Play Morata-Cavani upfront? Who's gonna create the goals? Lets say we get Oscar for another 40M, and then what? We'd still have a massive hole in the midfield that not even Asamoah could fill if we were yet to sign a LB.

I'd rather just keep him one year, bring Dybala, and close the Mercato tbh. I wouldn't mind the other positions in which we may lack quality/depth as long as we keep Tevez and Pogba.

- - - Updated - - -

And another thing, if we actually sell Pogba and try to 'build' a team with his money, I don't know if the 4312 would be the way to go, maybe for a year, or two, but we're still not going in the direction the rest of the big guys are by not getting any damn wingers.
It would suck if Tevez left. But I dont think Juve will be in a charitable mood to let him walk away with a year left on his contract after we paid a transfer fee (even if only 10 million euro) and signed him to a 3 year deal. Even if Tevez requests to leave I think Juve will say no and Tevez wont make a scene like he did at City when he had an issue. In the end he is at least pretty happy here and its not like he is suffering.

Also if he did leave we could sign a replacement without selling Pogba... most likely Dybala and we have money given the fact we are making a lot in the CL this season and are probably going to sell Llorente.

If Pogba goes that would be separate. But if he goes we will have more than enough money.. .we cant replace him with any one specific player but we certainly could make the team better overall with the money.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

I think this is the first time I've heard you saying this. :D

Mar 30, 2006
Carlos Tevez’s agent confirmed he’ll go back to Boca Juniors, “but wants to respect his Juventus contract” until 2016.

The striker has made it clear he wants to end his playing days at his former club in Argentina, but on Friday President Daniel Angelici said they are “closer” to getting him than ever.

Angelici repeatedly said it’s up to Tevez to terminate his contract with Juve by mutual consent before the June 2016 expiry.

“Enough, he is playing with the sentiments of the fans, as much the Boca supporters as the Juve ones,” agent Adrian Ruocco told Radio La Red.

The only guarantee is that Tevez wants to respect his contract with Juventus. We want to avoid further pressure on Tevez in a decisive moment of the season for him and Juventus.

“As everyone knows, Tevez will end his career at Boca. There are no doubts about that, as he is getting a house built, has decided to invest in his country and wants to be near friends and family.

“However, he will return later on and we still need to see when, because he has a contract to respect. As of today, that contract is to 2016.”

Some have pointed out that “as of today” still leaves the door open for a termination by mutual consent, but could equally translate to adding one more year in Turin.

-Football Italia

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

He's no Moggi, that's right. He didn't drive the club into Serie B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)