Carlos Tevez (24 Viewers)

Mar 9, 2006
Italian, born in Turin, he and his whole family are juventus fans, product of juventus youth academy, was one of the best players in 11-12 season, not enough to wear 10# ? But since 6 number wasn't retired in the honor of Gaetano why I'm asking

- - - Updated - - -

70% of shirts sold in JS Juvestore (GdS)
Jesus Buddha Mohamed...70?!?!lol

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
DDR would start over Marchisio or Pogba imo... Vidal-Pirlo-De Rossi
That's not the point though, brother. The point is 20M+ in transfer fee, plus 5.5M in wages, or whatever. It's a huge outlay for a position we're very well covered at - for a guy who's about to turn 30, and beyond that, my opinion is that in a couple years Pogba will be a better player than DDR. Paul's a freak, man. We need to play him a great deal so that he develops, and either kills it for us, or we sell him for a killing.

Also, if we need another really good box to box midfielder, we've got Asamoah - who's only 24; we already have a CM waiting in the wings, there are more effective ways to spend that money.

A play for DDR doesn't make a lot of sense to me (not that it's likely he'd be coming here; if he left Roma, he'd probably leave Italy IMO).

I meant no offence mate, was just being a bit facetious. I still think that if DDR becomes available and is itching to leave Roma it would be increadibly foolish for us to not even give it some consideration. Fyi Padoin and Isla both at times played at either RWB or RCM, obviously DDR isn't going to be used at RWB (between Licht, Caceres, Pepe and Giak at a stretch we've got that covered), as I said before, DDR could play in any 3 of the central midfield positions and any three of the center back positions also; great versatility and impressive in all those positions.

I'm thinking we need to think of life after Barzagli, acquiring DDR would help with that transition somewhat as Barzagli is begging to feel the rigours of being playing constantly (hence his achilles issues). Our experience in the CL was once our starting lineup was compromosed, our depth was an issue, yes we could bring Pogba or Caceres off the bench, Giak has proven useful both here and with the Nazionale, and Asah as you rightly say is a very apt box-to-box player. However, having someone of De Rossi's character and ability to slot in anywhere in the central midfield or defense, and to do so with such quality and ability, isn't something to be ignored. In the end the Padoins of the world aren't going to cut it for us when our CL opponents have the likes of Kagawa, Kaka, Coentrao, Thiago, Fabregas, Robben, Luis Gustavo, Javi Martinez or Claudio Pizzaro sitting on their respective benches. DDR would be invaluable in this regard.
Oh, I took no offence bud. I just said none of those things you mentioned, so I felt the need to correct. :D I still think it would be incredibly foolish to spend 18M on Asamoah, have a future world class midfielder like Pogba, who's itching to get into the game, and then spend a ton of cash on De Rossi when it could go towards further upgrading the attack, that LWB/LB role, adding a dedicated CB like Ogbonna, or even adding a bit more technical ability to the midfield, potentially in the form of a Pirlo understudy (especially if Conte wants to continue with a regista; not an easy role to fill). I think we should pretty much leave our CM's untouched for the moment, and see how Pogba develops this year, maybe prepare for life after Pirlo next summer.

I also think that it would be wise to think of life after Barzagli - or even life for a club consistently at the top level, for a team that plays with three central defenders - which is why it makes sense to me to make a play for a guy like Ogbonna. He's young, and it'll will ensure that there's competition at the back, that all guys are up to par. Barzagli has a couple more solid years left IMO, at the least, anyway. I know that DDR can 'do a job' as a central defender, and even do it pretty well, but I certainly wouldn't be buying him for big money with an eye to playing him as a defender.

Oh, and as for the FYI part... :D Yes, Isla was pretty solid at CM for Udinese (although I can't remember him ever playing there for Juve); he's also likely on his way out of the club. Padoin can basically 'do a job' up and down either flank (I think he was even fielded on the left in an advanced role for Atalanta at times), although the less we see of Padoin, the better off this club is likely to be. We certainly have enough useful utility players for the moment.

DDR is a great player, but it just doesn't make sense to me given the cash involved, DDR's ties to Roma, or the personnel we currently have at our club.

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #940
    Juventino[RUS];4217838 said:
    I never said that I against this transfer, you better stop to prove the fact that ur brain is not working properly
    Saying 'bullshit transfer', he is lazy, we don't need him because he will be rotated etc usually implies you are against the transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)