Carlos Tevez (11 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Van Persie can play the striker role perfectly, he used to be more of a CF, as you would call it before. Not anymore though, he's much more of a pure striker that plays well in and around the box these days. I think if he can stay fit, he'd be a perfect addition for Juve, very few strikers in the world are as intelligent as he is on the ball.
Interesting, sounds good.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Van Persie as Tevez replacement :rofl: Oh dear God, what a downgrade that would be
Why though?

Tevez at his best and RVP at his best are pretty much on the same level IMO. Obviously if you look at both player's careers there's no doubt that Tevez has been the more successful player, as RVP spent most of his career on the treatment table. But at their best, it's arguable who the better player is.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why though?

Tevez at his best and RVP at his best are pretty much on the same level IMO. Obviously if you look at both player's careers there's no doubt that Tevez has been the more successful player, as RVP spent most of his career on the treatment table. But at their best, it's arguable who the better player is.
RVP has passed his best 2 years ago, while Tevez just had his best season. Tevez was one of the best forwards in Europe this season, and RVP had a decent output but is clearly declining rapidly. Right now there is a gulf between the two. There is certainly no argument who is better now

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
RVP has passed his best 2 years ago, while Tevez just had his best season. Tevez was one of the best forwards in Europe this season, and RVP had a decent output but is clearly declining rapidly. Right now there is a gulf between the two. There is certainly no argument who is better now
Ya, I consider Tevez to be one of the top 5 players this season, while RVP had an average season with United. There's no argument at all who's better now. I think though if RVP can stay fit, the Serie A would suit him at his age much more than the EPL, I can't see why he can't revive his career at Juve just like Tevez did.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ya, I consider Tevez to be one of the top 5 players this season, while RVP had an average season with United. There's no argument at all who's better now. I think though if RVP can stay fit, the Serie A would suit him at his age much more than the EPL, I can't see why he can't revive his career at Juve just like Tevez did.
He might be able to provide the goals, but that's about it. We will lose Teves' aggression and hustle, his driving runs from deep, his spirit. RVP in a starting role for us would make us so much less fearsome

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
We can switch to 4-3-3 with Dybala-Morata-Berardi. Coman, Mandzukic and Pereyra as alternatives. However we would not compete for CL as I'm not sure whether Dybala and Berardi are up for the task yet. The perfect scenario would be Tevez staying.
Starting Berardi ahead of Pereyra has to be a joke.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ya that's another issue. Though don't Italians have a good track record in rehabilitating players who usually get injured, or is that a mistaken impression I have?
Dunno, I never had such impression myself.

Especially not when it comes to naturally injury-prone players like van Persie or Aquilani.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He might be able to provide the goals, but that's about it. We will lose Teves' aggression and hustle, his driving runs from deep, his spirit. RVP in a starting role for us would make us so much less fearsome
But you will get a player who is more skillful on the ball, can hold the ball better, and can make some very good passes. RVP is very good at bringing others into play and generally linking up with his teammates.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually we have some injury curse here, RVP could possibly be out for 2 seasons straight
Do you? Most of your starters this season were fit for the majority of the season, no?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
But you will get a player who is more skillful on the ball, can hold the ball better, and can make some very good passes. RVP is very good at bringing others into play and generally linking up with his teammates.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you? Most of your starters this season were fit for the majority of the season, no?
Meh, I guess you still think he's a top player while I don't.

Barzagli, Asamoah, Caceres, Pepe, Vidal have all had long term or recurring injuries in the last year

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this. too bad he's unavailable.

or maybe aguero, who's - just like cavani - unavailable. he can't do the midfield work of tevez or cavani though.

tevez would better stay, 'cause we'd be in pretty deep shit without him on board.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Meh, I guess you still think he's a top player while I don't.

Barzagli, Asamoah, Caceres, Pepe, Vidal have all had long term or recurring injuries in the last year
I think there's a bigger chance he can revive his career at Juve than at the Mancs, ya.

Also, I want his ugly mug out of the EPL, I can't stand him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)