Carlos Tevez (59 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Tevez's deeper role is working very well so far.

I always like getting talented players out of the crowd and in a position where they can get the ball facing goal, but that can involve moving them into areas where they are less likely to get in goal-scoring positions.

But if you look at the goals Tevez has scored in the last week against Udinese, Malmo and Milan, his deeper role is allowing him to see situations developing and pick when to burst forward to get chances.

Playing with one striker behing the other is probably the key adjustment that Allegri has made that I like. Conte tended to have the two strikers both playing up against the defence and it made it very hard for them to get the ball facing goal on any sort of regular basis.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

I always like getting talented players out of the crowd and in a position where they can get the ball facing goal, but that can involve moving them into areas where they are less likely to get in goal-scoring positions.

But if you look at the goals Tevez has scored in the last week against Udinese, Malmo and Milan, his deeper role is allowing him to see situations developing and pick when to burst forward to get chances.

Playing with one striker behing the other is probably the key adjustment that Allegri has made that I like. Conte tended to have the two strikers both playing up against the defence and it made it very hard for them to get the ball facing goal on any sort of regular basis.
:agree:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

Which also why juve could have been much better in offense with an am instead of 3rd cm/regista, especially am with excellent ball cintrol and vision

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Do you see Allegri sticking with this formation Red?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you see Allegri sticking with this formation Red?
:boh:

The decision to start the season with 3-5-2 was easy due to the injuries in the squad.

I don't doubt Allegri will still have it in his head to move to his preferred '4-3-?', but I guess it'll be dependent on how well 3-5-2 continues to function and which players are available and in form at any given time and what Allegri deems necessary in particular games.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Main issue with that would probably be that there has to be a fair chance Lichtsteiner will be rested for that game, given the amount of running he's done in the last week.

With Caceres injured, that leaves Romulo for right-back.

Are you going to change shape and play Romulo right-back when it isn't his natural position?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Main issue with that would probably be that there has to be a fair chance Lichtsteiner will be rested for that game, given the amount of running he's done in the last week.

With Caceres injured, that leaves Romulo for right-back.

Are you going to change shape and play Romulo right-back when it isn't his natural position?

Could get away with it I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)