Carlos Alcaraz (3 Viewers)

alaska

May 25, 2013
He looks like a Lautaro Parepiss hybrid, in terms of appearance.

In terms of performance, I hope he's more Vidal than Parepiss, especially with that worrying faggy douchebrow he has going on.

In any case, I'm not mad - 21 year old Argentine talent.
Have you started workshopping a nickname for him if he flops?

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Honestly, the REPORTED purchase option seems very high however if he can establish himself as a great midfielder then it's worth the price to pay to have a great engine midfielder who is 21. If he does not establish himself, it's an expensive loan that we walk away from at the end.

I consider the high-ish loan fee to be the cost of trying him out. Giuntoli loves him and always wanted him and now he's got 5 months to prove to us he's got the makings of a top midfielder. Obviously, we'd love to buy the next Vidal for 15m again. But maybe this time the next Vidal costs us 50m. If he truly is that elite level, is the transfer price the best? No, we would've always wanted lower. We want lower transfer fees for all good players, I'm assuming. But if he can be that level of a player, I'd pay it. Hindsight is 20/20, we don't have a crystal ball. But damn does it seem expensive right now.

Time will tell, we've got five months to figure out how we like him. Looking back at how he's developed, I would've bid 50m for Camavinga when he went to Madrid for 31m. We won't know if its worth it until we're already passed it. But a massive gamble from Giuntoli.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The numbers on this are bonkers. I’ll wait for the official press release to see what’s what. Where the numbers will be even more bonkers than first reported lol.
Maybe we aren’t poor after all @Lion, just picky.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Honestly, the REPORTED purchase option seems very high however if he can establish himself as a great midfielder then it's worth the price to pay to have a great engine midfielder who is 21. If he does not establish himself, it's an expensive loan that we walk away from at the end.

I consider the high-ish loan fee to be the cost of trying him out. Giuntoli loves him and always wanted him and now he's got 5 months to prove to us he's got the makings of a top midfielder. Obviously, we'd love to buy the next Vidal for 15m again. But maybe this time the next Vidal costs us 50m. If he truly is that elite level, is the transfer price the best? No, we would've always wanted lower. We want lower transfer fees for all good players, I'm assuming. But if he can be that level of a player, I'd pay it. Hindsight is 20/20, we don't have a crystal ball. But damn does it seem expensive right now.

Time will tell, we've got five months to figure out how we like him. Looking back at how he's developed, I would've bid 50m for Camavinga when he went to Madrid for 31m. We won't know if it’s worth it until we're already passed it. But a massive gamble from Giuntoli.
He’s only 21. By the time he’s ready to start in a Max team it’ll be the end of the loan period etc. etc.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Time will tell, we've got five months to figure out how we like him. Looking back at how he's developed, I would've bid 50m for Camavinga when he went to Madrid for 31m. We won't know if it’s worth it until we're already passed it. But a massive gamble from Giuntoli.
:tup: Thank you.

Same deal with Barella. Who cost Inter €12 mil loan, plus €25 mil fee, plus up to €13 mil in add-ons. So total €50mil for him at 22 years old in 2019.

I don’t like his theatrics now as an Inter player, but I absolutely wish we had bought him in 2019 for €50 mil. Our midfield would have been set for years if we had.

Some people are just going to bitch no matter what the club does. Every transfer is ass apparently. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)