Carlos Alcaraz (12 Viewers)

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
The economic aspects of the deal is killing the hype for me.

Let's say he i killing it at Juventus. We want him to stay, we will never pay 49 million euros. Southampton could be back to PL, and think let's use him again, or selling him to the club making the best offer, if he makes a great impact in Juve then other clubs will notice.

The 35 million euros mentioned in the start, was atleast more realistic to pay for a young player. It was a win-win situation for us. He does great then yes 35 million euros would be okay, if not we send him back, but 49 million euros wtf.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Thats a crazy option, normally the media gives us Juventini a low figure for potential transfer we about to make, i'm hoping in this case they've gone the opposite and considerably exaggerated the figure.

LordBendtner

Promising Lord
Jan 6, 2015
Can’t see the problem here, buy option is better then no option. We’re going for the scudetto, what’s wrong with bringing some actual quality reinforcements for 6 months? I don’t even think Giuntoli gave two shits about the buy option, he has other plans this summer..
:giu:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Never heard of this guy. YouTube comp and stats look like 100m player.

There's no way this is a panic loan deal. The high loan fee tells me it's to secure him for the summer.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Either he was super versatile, or the coach is confused or hates him and put him new position every time :D

This year, Carlos #Alcaraz did a bit of everything with #Southampton:
6 games as a first striker
5 as trequartista
5 as central midfielder
3 as right wing
2 as left wing...

[Mirko Nicolino]

OMG.

Have we just found a new Pepe?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Never heard of this guy. YouTube comp and stats look like 100m player.

There's no way this is a panic loan deal. The high loan fee tells me it's to secure him for the summer.
Who are we selling then?

- - - Updated - - -

His Transfermarkt value is 15m. We’re looking at another -15 if we exercise that option.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Either he was super versatile, or the coach is confused or hates him and put him new position every time :D

This year, Carlos #Alcaraz did a bit of everything with #Southampton:
6 games as a first striker
5 as trequartista
5 as central midfielder
3 as right wing
2 as left wing...

[Mirko Nicolino]
Wait until allegri sees his hair.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
The economic aspects of the deal is killing the hype for me.

Let's say he i killing it at Juventus. We want him to stay, we will never pay 49 million euros. Southampton could be back to PL, and think let's use him again, or selling him to the club making the best offer, if he makes a great impact in Juve then other clubs will notice.

The 35 million euros mentioned in the start, was atleast more realistic to pay for a young player. It was a win-win situation for us. He does great then yes 35 million euros would be okay, if not we send him back, but 49 million euros wtf.
Loan fee also increasing from 2 mio. euros to 3.7 mio. euros. He will be used as CM, LW/RW, ST/SS.

If he can make impact and Soton dont want to sell on discount, then we look elsewhere.
I dont think other clubs in Serie A can afford him. Other PL clubs possibly will buy him then we dont know if he success or not. If flop we can get him back on loan. So many scenarios

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Loan fee also increasing from 2 mio. euros to 3.7 mio. euros. He will be used as CM, LW/RW, ST/SS.

If he can make impact and Soton dont want to sell on discount, then we look elsewhere.
I dont think other clubs in Serie A can afford him. Other PL clubs possibly will buy him then we dont know if he success or not. If flop we can get him back on loan. So many scenarios
if other clubs value him why wouldn’t Juve just buy him themselves, if for no other reason than to sell him? I’m struggling to see the downside here. He’s 21, good chance his value hasnt peaked.

anyways, most likely scenario is a negotiated fee. They didn’t pay 3M+ for a rental, he will be bought imo, only question is for much.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
if other clubs value him why wouldn’t Juve just buy him themselves, if for no other reason than to sell him? I’m struggling to see the downside here. He’s 21, good chance his value hasnt peaked.

anyways, most likely scenario is a negotiated fee. They didn’t pay 3M+ for a rental, he will be bought imo, only question is for much.
What leverage do we have to renegotiate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)