Carlo Ancelotti (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Didnt pay much attention to his spell with Everton - What position did he get them and what was the previous one?
Napoli - He was meh. He isnt a coach for a team like Napoli though.

Juve - We had him in the past and he made us look good except for the creating part which Lippi immediately added after he left.
I`d still take him if Allegri fails unless we can get someone like Klopp and then we will have to be patient.
Everton were close to a similar situation to now when Carlo took. They had touched the relegation zone that season and were just taken out of that part of the table when Ancelotti took over from interim coach Duncan Ferguson. He did well to get Everton a 12th place finish that season.

In his first full season (2020/21) Ancelotti attracted a crop of quality players and actually started off really well. They were top of the table for the first few weeks and it seemed like they might actually pull off a shock by competing for top 4. However, that came to an end quickly as with injuries their form dropped allot. In the end they finished 10th, which was respectable, but looked worse due to their early form, transfers and Arsenal + Leeds finishing ahead of them.

So overall not bad at all, but he did not light up the world as seemed possible while he was there. Though Everton being dog poop this season has made Carlo Ancelotti's time there age extremely well.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Everton were close to a similar situation to now when Carlo took. They had touched the relegation zone that season and were just taken out of that part of the table when Ancelotti took over from interim coach Duncan Ferguson. He did well to get Everton a 12th place finish that season.

In his first full season (2020/21) Ancelotti attracted a crop of quality players and actually started off really well. They were top of the table for the first few weeks and it seemed like they might actually pull off a shock by competing for top 4. However, that came to an end quickly as with injuries their form dropped allot. In the end they finished 10th, which was respectable, but looked worse due to their early form, transfers and Arsenal + Leeds finishing ahead of them.

So overall not bad at all, but he did not light up the world as seemed possible while he was there. Though Everton being dog poop this season has made Carlo Ancelotti's time there age extremely well.
So he made a good job. He only failed to get the best of Napoli which is understandable considering a coach isnt always suited to all clubs.
Ancelloti for Juve - Might work and might not but first we need to change our team as there arent many coaches who can get the best with what we currently have..

Talking about coaches I heard Conte might go to PSG - I dont think motivation is what they lack so its not that much of a great signing for them..

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So he made a good job. He only failed to get the best of Napoli which is understandable considering a coach isnt always suited to all clubs.
Ancelloti for Juve - Might work and might not but first we need to change our team as there arent many coaches who can get the best with what we currently have..

Talking about coaches I heard Conte might go to PSG - I dont think motivation is what they lack so its not that much of a great signing for them..
Ancelotti said this Real contract will be his last ever.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Wouldn't say he truly flopped with any of those teams.

With Juventus he failed to win the league with arguably the best team in Europe and flopped hard in the CL.
You specificially said does well in CL with every team except us. He did nothing in Europe with those teams.

He won domestic leagues with all those sides. But did nothing in CL. Not even one semi i think.

I honestly dont have much hard feelings for Carlo also, he was 40. Juve was his first big job. Maybe it was too early for him.

OP
Ventus
Mar 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #211
    You specificially said does well in CL with every team except us. He did nothing in Europe with those teams.

He won domestic leagues with all those sides. But did nothing in CL. Not even one semi i think.

I honestly dont have much hard feelings for Carlo also, he was 40. Juve was his first big job. Maybe it was too early for him.
    Bayern reached the semis in 2016.

Ancelotti is arguably the most successful CL manager. This really shouldn't be debatable.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    :rofl: Failed with Juventus in the CL :howler: :b81:

He was our coach for 1.5 seasons, from February 1999 to June 2001. WTF are you on about?

He only coached us for 1 CL campaign, so the sample size is incredilbly small. During that season, we had a DP returning from injury, and Ancelotti was still adapting and adjusting as a coach - he was still raw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)