Caracciolo: Another Juve Target (1 Viewer)

carmine

Jul 28, 2004
www.goal.com

Juventus are looking around them for a new striker to lure in the January transfer window, and Brescia’s Andrea Caracciolo has taken the lead over the other short listed attackers.
The bianconeri are currently without Del Piero and Trezeguet, with the latter having a final consultation with a French Professor to decide whether or not to operate the problematic shoulder. If Trezegol goes under the knife, then the Frenchman will be out for 3 to 4 months which would be a major loss for Juventus.

To make things worse, Zlatan Ibrahimovic did not feature for Sweden’s Saturday World Cup Qualifier match due to a back injury and is therefore not full fit either, leaving only Zalayeta available for next weekend’s Serie A match.

On top of Luciano Moggi’s wish list there’s the rondinelle’s Caracciolo who has similar characteristics to Trezeguet and has been a regular for the Italian Under 21 national team. If the bianconeri do decide to splash on another striker in January, then with all probability they will go for a young striker like Caracciolo rather than a more established name.

The only problem seems to be that even Roma have targeted the young striker and will not let their rivals win the race for Caracciolo too easily.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
No thanks... we don't need to destroy another bright career....

Unless Kapo and Appiah prove to be very bad in attack, they get my vote.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Juventus snub Trez sub
Tuesday 12 October, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have dismissed speculation that they will buy in January as a result of David Trezeguet’s injury.

The striker will have shoulder surgery next week and could be out of action for as long as four months.

Reports suggested that the club may look to buy a new forward in the New Year but they insist that won’t occur.

"Trezeguet will be back in mid January and people who believe we are looking for someone else are mistaken," said director general Luciano Moggi.

"An operation was needed in this case but David will return to give his contribution when others may feel a little tired.

"For now, we will just look to keep moving forward in the best possible way with the champions we have at our disposal.

"Fortunately we have players like Alessandro Del Piero, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcelo Zalayeta available."

Nevertheless, rumours persist that the Turin giants will make a swoop in the January transfer window.

Brescia youngster Andrea Caraccioli has been linked even if the Lombard club insist he won’t be cheap.

"Juventus will never buy him because they will not meet my asking price," said chief Gino Corioni.

"Caracciolo is worth £7m but they would offer me £2m and a player that they bought for £5m – something I am not interested in."

Udinese’s Dino Fava has also been associated but he’s not keen. "It is nice to hear your name linked because it means you are considered as a good player," he said.

"But I am staying at Udinese as I am happy here and eager to do well."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this coming, it doesn't really mean anything... :undecide:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
Exactly, and Capello has also said that he wants to use Kapo, turn him into to a striker. Kapo has potential.
oh really, where did he say that?! Sounds... Yeah, sounds just weird, Kapo's scoring record isn't very impressive... :undecide: Well, let's just hope that he can develop...

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

oh really, where did he say that?! Sounds... Yeah, sounds just weird, Kapo's scoring record isn't very impressive... :undecide: Well, let's just hope that he can develop...
He said it in Italy (C4 didnt catch it obviously), he isnt a good goalscorer because he is a kind of left wing, but thats why Capello wants to try him as a striker.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Moggi will not find the 7 million euros to pay Brescia....so I don't think we're gonna get him.....maybe someone else, slightly cheaper...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

He said it in Italy (C4 didnt catch it obviously), he isnt a good goalscorer because he is a kind of left wing, but thats why Capello wants to try him as a striker.
cool, I want to give Kapo a chance... And don't you guys worry, we're not doomed! Yet... :undecide:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i don't think we should be saying things like the season's over n stuff just because one player is out injured.juve should be better than that.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
The thing is that its allways the media who creates this rumours, because they assumes we need a new striker and because we were interessted in them before etc. Just to ignore. Juve wont buy anyone until the summer.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by carmine ] ++
www.goal.com

The only problem seems to be that even Roma have targeted the young striker and will not let their rivals win the race for Caracciolo too easily.
problem???
:rofl:

this element makes the transfer probable

Moggi is my heroe

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
Juventus snub Trez sub
Tuesday 12 October, 2004

"Trezeguet will be back in mid January and people who believe we are looking for someone else are mistaken," said director general Luciano Moggi.
ohh, It's seems to me, the deal is becoming more and more probable...

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)