captain czech retires (1 Viewer)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
Pavel Nedved has won the Golden Foot 2004 award and announced his international retirement in a bid to conquer the Champions' League.

"You never get tired of winning awards," smiled the 31-year-old Czech, "but I am now missing just the one trophy, the one I care the most about: the Champions' League."

It is with this in mind that Nedved confirmed his international retirement after a heartbreaking injury during the semi-final of the European Championships.

"I have already spoken to Coach Brueckner about this and will make it official within the next month. It isn't right that I should injure myself with the Czech Republic when Juve are the ones paying my wages. I must give my all for the Bianconeri now and cannot wait to recover from this setback."

That knee injury will rule him out of the Champions' League preliminary round ties in late August against either Djurgarden or Kaunas.

The Juventus star has lifted the Balon d’Or among a list of prizes following his fine campaign at the Stadio Delle Alpi and Euro 2004 semi-finalist run with the Czech Republic.

damn it i wanted to see him lift world cup 2006

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
"It isn't right that I should injure myself with the Czech Republic when Juve are the ones paying my wages. I must give my all for the Bianconeri now and cannot wait to recover from this setback."
:eek: I'm astounded at his loyalty to the club. Not surprised, but in awe! You can't just say that this is about money, just because he said that Juve are paying his wages. We love you Pavel :touched:

I really wanted to see him lift the World Cup, but this is his decision and I'm gonna respect that and support him all the way.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
it's also good that he ended his international career on a high,i wouldn't want him to end it like some other players who just hung on and on,waiting desperately for a callup at 35.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
True, it's always much easier for goalkeepers and defenders, and much harder for players whose fortes are their speed and explosiveness like Nedved

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
"I have already spoken to Coach Brueckner about this and will make it official within the next month. It isn't right that I should injure myself with the Czech Republic when Juve are the ones paying my wages. I must give my all for the Bianconeri now and cannot wait to recover from this setback."
sad at 1st reading the article... but now i fel :touched: I really hope that we can win it with him though we are playing poorly right now :down:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Good to see you again, and nice new avatar :thumb: Anyway this is a bit weird since I'm talking to you on MSN, so ermm yeah... bye!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
what if he wins the CL with us this year, (i doubt it but you never know). then would he re-sign and try to win the world cup also in 2006? when a player announces his retirement is he allowed to return if hes good enough and wants to?

anyway, pavel is awesome

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
with a player like nedved , ofcoarse we can win the CL ! FORZA JUVE !

that was my attitude 2 years ago, when we had mr nedved, but then we lost because we didnt have him in the final :wallbang:

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
Bravo, I would be great if everyone had the same idea. Include DP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)