Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (31 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I’m sorry, but I don’t see what justifies an improved contract based on his Juventus performances. And I don’t care about his Azzurri performances.
He deserves earned back pay for being underpaid for too long. Especially with the stiff outsiders who have come/gone getting money not earned. Think of it as instead of AA giving him a gold watch upon ending a legendary Juve career, he rather get some $$$ and I'll still perform for you. We're talking pennies considering the money thrown away by AA and Co.
:chiello:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
According to Gazzetta.. Chiellini wants a 2 year contract and an improve in his pay… 5 M instead of 3,5 M (what he earns).

Juventus we’re going to offer a 1 year contract and ask for him to accept a pay cut.

so… here we go.. another soap opera starts

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
He deserves earned back pay for being underpaid for too long. Especially with the stiff outsiders who have come/gone getting money not earned. Think of it as instead of AA giving him a gold watch upon ending a legendary Juve career, he rather get some $$$ and I'll still perform for you. We're talking pennies considering the money thrown away by AA and Co.
:chiello:
This isn’t how business works. Paratici isn’t running the club anymore and we don’t have money to throw away. I hope we keep Chiellini but I doubt they give a raise and a 2 year deal although fair play for him to try to leverage the Euros for a nice retirement package. It is smart for him to try.

Last edited:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
According to Gazzetta.. Chiellini wants a 2 year contract and an improve in his pay… 5 M instead of 3,5 M (what he earns).
As much as I love having him here, didn't know (if true) he wants 5 mil. I would say for all he has done for Juve, give him that for 2 year and say goodbye. No 2 years for me at that number. I know why Chiell after seeing bums getting paid, but be realistic.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I wouldnt give him 5m for two years. This is a Scottie Pippen & Bulls situation, the fact that Chiello has been underpaid for years and we have overpaid other guys doesnt mean we have to overpay him now when he's clearly in decline. He shouldve asked for more 5 years ago not now when he's on the brink of retirement and we're in deep shit financially.

Even if we sell Demiral, Im all for making due with what we have - Bonu, De Ligt, Danilo, Dragusin and Rugani, for what we pay them Bonu and de Ligt should be able to cover most of the games

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Sky: Chiellini will be added to Juventus' training camp in another week and will talk about extending his contract at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)