Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (20 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Chiello shout out Kiricocho (Argentinian ancient myth) to jinx Saka at the last pk:
https://video.corriere.it/sport/eur...umma/9cdc8084-e3ab-11eb-9ca3-9397dc78a855/amp
not that ancient apparently, but a cool story nonetheless :D I'd bet on Dybala teaching him that, remember him shouting it to Vidal.

Kiricocho was in fact a fanatical supporter of Argentinian first division club Estudiantes de la Plata during the club’s golden era of the 1960s, 70s and 80s. So fanatical was he that he would regularly attend training sessions. Yet every time he did, an Estudiantes player seemed to mysteriously get injured.

Estudiantes’ manager in the early 1980s, Carlos Bilardo – the high priest of anti-futbol who would go on to win the 1986 World Cup with Argentina – was highly superstitious. But rather than ban Kiricocho from training and matches, he employed him to welcome opposition teams to Estudiantes’ ground.

Estudiantes subsequently went on a brilliant run of form and won the Argentinian title in 1982, losing just one game in the season. Incidentally, it was the only game in which Kiricocho was not present to greet the opposition.

The story of the cursed Kiricocho spread throughout the Spanish-speaking football world; fans and players began to say Kiricocho’s name when they wished ill fortune on an opposition player.

By the time Bilardo came to manage Sevilla in the early 1990s, Kiricocho was muttered by those on the terraces at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan whenever opposition players stepped up for a penalty, much to Bilardo’s surprise.

According to Joan Capdevila, he even shouted it at Arjen Robben when the Dutchman was one-on-one with Iker Casillas in the 2010 World Cup final. You guessed it, Robben missed.

https://www.planetfootball.com/tren...ry-behind-the-word-haaland-taunted-bono-with/

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I'm so happy he finally got europian trophy, he is respected by everyone now, even friends who support teams like Barca are saying : Damn Chiellini is so good, legend of the game.

This wasn't the case before, I still remember back in 2008 I tried to convince people how good Chiellini was, but everyone was laughing at me (non Juve fans ofc), football is cruel, just because they won on pk, they rate him now, Chiellini was always top 3 defender in the world, for me only Ramos might be better no one else :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Bukayo Saka isn't really intelligent

If that is Balotelli in that exact same position, he will manouvre and remove his shirt leaving Chiellini with his shirt while still dribble and go through
That is because he always use that " Why always me" shirt under his shirt LOL

then after the match if he win it, he can say. If you really want my shirt wait til game is over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)