Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (95 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
But the ref didn't whistle it at first, he clearly showed to continue the play. So in the end it was about VAR and his lack of adaptability.
Agree to disagree then. Those handballs like today will always happen regardless of the age of the player and have nothing to do with adapting to VAR.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the biggest issue with the penalty incident was Diaz being allowed to run 25 yards straight to our box. Chiellini got the call against him but he was scrambling to block the shot and was hit at point blank range. I'm not sure there is much else he could do with his arm given the body position needed to get a block in.
What he said.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Time to retire old man. You've had your time, and we thank you for your loyalty and dedication to the shirt, but it's time to call it quits.

He reminded me of Baresi in that 1-6 drubbing we dished out to Milan when Vieri ran circles around him.
agreed. he's a legend and one of my favorite juve players of all time. but just like barzagli, it's time for him to start a new chapter with juve.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
the way I see it:

pros
salary is proportionate to contribution on pitch
has shown flashes of good form this season
head and shoulders above everyone else in the team in terms of heart and intelligence
costs nothing compared to anyone we could bring from the outside as the 4th choice CB

cons
at times too reckless for VAR era
influence in the dressing room (probably) is not proportionate to his role

if Dragusin is ready for the step up and Chiellini is taking up his spot in the squad, I wouldn't have a problem letting go of Giorgio. however if we'd need to go out and spend money to replace Chiello with a lesser CB, I think we have other priorities we need to focus on. I saw a couple of matches from Pepe and T.Silva in CL this season and I thought to myself that I'd hate to see Giorgio next season putting in those kinds of performances for another European top club.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I would rather Bonucci retires than Chiellini.
Agree but won't happen. Finances is an issue and Bono ain't no spring chicken so logically should be the preferred choice to leave.

I LOL because some posters here think that players are crap because they want their money and won't leave until they get it like Sami. I mean in US sports if management signed (a guaranteed) contract they just pay it to get rid of the player. Over here you try to embarrass him to go, I don't know, you really expect the player to do the right thing and leave without getting paid?

So back up to Bono and maybe/probably (cause he's a POS) not leaving until getting his money. If it happens, don't forget it when posting about him. The traitor!

If you missed it I posted where Bono has only 4 more career assists than #3 and 3 came at Bari. LOL.
1620749610584.png

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Debatable as Lukaku did have his hand on him initially which caused him to lose balance but they only analised the last part when Chiellini was hanging on to him... anyway, realistically speaking that would’ve been a goal regardless of Chiellini’s interference, was a good ball in and all defence was caught out by it.

anyway, hopefully we win this and that’s all that matters in the end!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok we won it, what a relief :lol: :tup:

fuck this season tho!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)