Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (58 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Like Ramsey, you just can’t rely on him as a starter as you’ll never have any resemblance of continuity, which is especially important in a backline. For me, he’s now the backup to the backup (Demiral) and hopefully he does the right thing and retires after the season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KirilovBG

Sep 5, 2018
No chance Demiral playing ahead of de Ligt. When he returns he will be starter along Bonucci and Danilo/Sandro. If we play four at the back Demiral - de Ligt partnership wuold be nice.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
No chance Demiral playing ahead of de Ligt. When he returns he will be starter along Bonucci and Danilo/Sandro. If we play four at the back Demiral - de Ligt partnership wuold be nice.
yeah I see the backline as Danilo-Bonucci-De Ligt-Sandro when everyone is fit. And I’m also assuming Pirlo meant it when he said it’ll always be a back four, because I still think we could run a traditional three man backline ala the bbc days.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think he knows that as well, he's a smart guy, but he'll want to complete the season. We should have De Ligt back soon anyway.
Definitely time to retire soon. Still has the know-how and the experience to be a top class CB at this level, but his body is sadly starting to breakdown. Can’t be relied on anymore.

I wonder if we’ll see Alex Sandro deputise in the LCB position this season?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
An absolute beast and the one of the last of a dying breed of no nonsense defenders who put their body on the line every time. It's no surprise that his body is breaking down but it's such a shame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)