Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (65 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Eh I'm not a fan of this but Chiellini has probably said it to his face as well. Regardless he is a great captain and leader. I don't think he'd be someone to hide behind a book.
However it does highlight how incredible a captain like Del Piero was. What an absolute gentleman on and off the pitch

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Lol it wasn't even that harsh:

“I was really let down by two players and I confirm everything I wrote in the book. Balotelli is a negative person, with no respect for the group. During the Confederations Cup against Brazil in 2013, he didn’t lend a helping hand for anything, he really did deserve a slap.

“Some people thought he was among the top five strikers in the world, but I never even considered him in the top 10 or 20.

“However, there was someone worse, Felipe Melo: really the worst of the worst,” continued Chiellini.

“I cannot abide people who lack respect, those who always want to be contrarians. With him around, it was permanently likely to break out into a brawl. I told the directors that, too: he is a bad apple.”

Will this confession make it awkward when next facing Brescia forward Balotelli?

“I hold no ill-will, nor do I have any need for it. If I need to share something with these players, I will do so. I am not everyone’s best friend, but they are the only two who went beyond all acceptable limits.

“As far as I am concerned, the problem is not if you play badly or have a few nights out, but if you show a lack of respect and have nothing inside of you. Once can happen, but not if it’s a recurring theme.”

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Lol it wasn't even that harsh:

“I was really let down by two players and I confirm everything I wrote in the book. Balotelli is a negative person, with no respect for the group. During the Confederations Cup against Brazil in 2013, he didn’t lend a helping hand for anything, he really did deserve a slap.

“Some people thought he was among the top five strikers in the world, but I never even considered him in the top 10 or 20.

“However, there was someone worse, Felipe Melo: really the worst of the worst,” continued Chiellini.

“I cannot abide people who lack respect, those who always want to be contrarians. With him around, it was permanently likely to break out into a brawl. I told the directors that, too: he is a bad apple.”

Will this confession make it awkward when next facing Brescia forward Balotelli?

“I hold no ill-will, nor do I have any need for it. If I need to share something with these players, I will do so. I am not everyone’s best friend, but they are the only two who went beyond all acceptable limits.

“As far as I am concerned, the problem is not if you play badly or have a few nights out, but if you show a lack of respect and have nothing inside of you. Once can happen, but not if it’s a recurring theme.”
“He says Balotelli should be slapped and I am the worst of the worst who always risked sparking a brawl? Well, he was always a coward who’d wet himself…

“Besides, it’s too easy to be nasty about someone in a book. Perhaps ‘this defender’ is still angry with me, because when I went to Galatasaray, we gave his Juve some ‘slaps’ and knocked them out of the Champions League. Or that Inter won everything and I am an Interista.

“This is what Chiellini is like, he always acts as if he’s the greatest… I am also reminded that we beat Italy 3-0 in the 2009 Confederations Cup, won eventually by Brazil. Perhaps he’s still bitter about that too, seeing as he’s won nothing at international level with Italy.”

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
“He says Balotelli should be slapped and I am the worst of the worst who always risked sparking a brawl? Well, he was always a coward who’d wet himself…

“Besides, it’s too easy to be nasty about someone in a book. Perhaps ‘this defender’ is still angry with me, because when I went to Galatasaray, we gave his Juve some ‘slaps’ and knocked them out of the Champions League. Or that Inter won everything and I am an Interista.

“This is what Chiellini is like, he always acts as if he’s the greatest… I am also reminded that we beat Italy 3-0 in the 2009 Confederations Cup, won eventually by Brazil. Perhaps he’s still bitter about that too, seeing as he’s won nothing at international level with Italy.”
Yeah... who cares what Melon has to say?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
His book seems pretty interesting

Chiellini: I hate Inter as Michael Jordan hates the Pistons, it's impossible not to hate them. Sporting hatred is essential in football.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Silly move, even though what he wrote is probably true. But he should have done this after he retired. No respect and love lost for the man, but you expect your captain to be held at a higher standard.Del Piero and Buffon would never have done this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Forza Giorgio :touched:

Dropping massive truth bombs. Balotelli is the most overrated and hyped up bum in football and Felipe MeLol, one of, if not, worst and most disappointing players we ever signed. Both players borderline mentally retarded types.
:agree:

Giorgio is a class act. If he spoke out against Balo and Melo then I'm sure it was more than well deserved. both of them are fucking clowns anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)