Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (48 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Chiellini: 'Napoli celebrated too early'
By Football Italia staff

Giorgio Chiellini mocked Napoli for “celebrating too early” and not showing Juventus enough respect after a seventh straight Scudetto.

The defender did not play this evening due to an injury, but took part in the Scudetto celebrations and got a few things off his chest.

“A wonderful and important season comes to a close, yet we don’t get the credit we deserve for what we have achieved,” Chiellini told Mediaset Premium.

“We are writing pages in the history books that can never be repeated. We must thank those who motivate us continually, as every year we want to keep winning.

“We might be hard to kill, ugly, old, whatever, but we still always win. We’ve achieved something incredible.”

A few weeks ago, Juve were 2-1 down at Inter and feared Napoli overtaking them, yet they fought back to win 3-2 at San Siro and the next day the Partenopei were beaten 3-0 at Fiorentina.

“We feared losing it in Milan, in the second half, but all those who criticised us were really just firing us up. They shouldn’t try to hurt our pride. That’s like a precious serum for us.

“Too many people lacked respect, now we can get a few things off our chest. We are the best. In life you need to show respect and they celebrated too early. And at the end of the day, we’re always the ones celebrating.

“Juventus lose Finals because we play Finals, whereas others choose to go out in the Round of 16 or the quarters. Every now and then it’s only right to make things clear.”

Chiellini also seemed to confess that Gianluigi Buffon will retire at the end of the season.

“I’ll miss Gigi a lot, but this team has always been able to find new motivation and new leaders. We must do the same next year. I have my style in the locker room and I’ll certainly bring it with me.”
:heart:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
That's one of the best - if not the best- responses to criticism I've ever seen from a Juve player.

Respect, Giorgione. Il nuovo capitano.

Legendary beast of a player <3<3<3<3<3 !!!!

Apr 29, 2006
And at the same time he gets something to stay on his chest - the italian flag! Insigne was winning comment of the year on his way to a career in punditry, but Chiello screwed that as well by reminding everyone about Insigne's education.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
That's one of the best - if not the best- responses to criticism I've ever seen from a Juve player.

Respect, Giorgione. Il nuovo capitano.

Legendary beast of a player <3<3<3<3<3 !!!!
Classy, yet a subtle burn to the crying bitches.

It ain't over 'til the Fat Lady sings, and no doubt Signora-Juve getting fat with all them trophies :maddy:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Chiello is such a dad, takes one shirt for himself and one for Rugani, @1:15 'RUGI!' :D

[video=facebook;1800209986692462]https://www.facebook.com/Juventusfcita/videos/1800209986692462/[/video]

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Chiello is such a dad, takes one shirt for himself and one for Rugani, @1:15 'RUGI!' :D

[video=facebook;1800209986692462]https://www.facebook.com/Juventusfcita/videos/1800209986692462/[/video]
lololol another defender being raised by him

- - - Updated - - -

IF ONLY MY MAN STILL HAD SPEED HE HAD WHEN HE WAS 27..NO DEFENDER IS BETTER THAN HIM ... GRANDE GIORGIONE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)